The Mystery Coach Revealed!

I think everything is speculation at this point and to be honest. . I know people who know who the coaches are and they aren't talking. Its just like when practice was shut down last year. There were people who still had access. . they did because they didn't talk in a public forum.

Things I could see happen but have no proof to believe so. . . . Brown coaches both TE and WR. I could see Albion come back as RB with an associate head coach or RG coordinator title. He was very well liked here before and if I remember correctly has some ties here but I could be off on that. I could see him become the RC or perhaps Cotton fills that role if one of the hires is in fact working with the Oline.

Burns. . .why the hell wouldn't someone want to stop working for Saben. That guy is a huge a-hole and has turned over almost his whole staff. People don't work for him very long. Hell Major Applewhite had and OC title there and left to be qb coach at Texas. . .and it had nothing to do with "going home". So for that fact alone he could come here as RB coach and there's always a run game coordinator. Remember one thing every coach has said about Bo is he's great to work for. . even Wats and Gilmore. And he's showing it in what he's doing trying to find them jobs. Get that at Bama.

Sims could very well come here as he has ties to the program and I know he'd like to come to learn as much as he can about the defense and offense if he could. And I think he's a pretty decent recruiter. He seems to get the best of the guys who can't qualify D-I and he actually makes them much better so he'd be an asset at any position because he understands coaching.

Beck, Els, and Raymond?

We still would have a spot though. We lose a WR and an OC. Garrison fills one spot, but since Beck is moved to OC we have one more spot to either coach WRs or RBs

Isn't there a possibility that Ron Brown could be moved to coach the WRs?

Ya I've heard he could take on coaching both the TEs and WRs. The last coach we take is mostly likely a RB coach

Not sure how Bo could convince Burns to come here. I believe he is an Associate HC at Alabama, that spot is already taken at NU.

Recruiting director is open though

Would be taking a step back though, IMO. Associate HC at Bama or recruiting coordinator at Nebraska?

Hearing Burton Burns or Tim Albin...fwiw

Another name.......Jeff Sims at Fort Scott.

Burns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Albin

Probably not gonna happen. I would be happily surprised.

Seriously though... What's the deal with these bizarre Ohio/Indiana coaching picks/swaps?

I think we might be picking Ohio guys because of one Bo is an Ohio guy, and two to gain further recruiting ground in in the state since we are now in the Big 10.

Also some of these Ohio boys have previous Nebraska connections as well. Albin was on the Solich's Husker staff for 4 years and Els was a coach at Hastings College, Dr. Tom's old college.

Ya I've heard he could take on coaching both the TEs and WRs. The last coach we take is mostly likely a RB coach

These are the only qualified guys I can think of for RB coach:

Ahman Green

Calvin Jones

Correll Buckhalter

Dahrran Diedrick

Dan Alexander

Derek Brown

IM Hipp

Jeff Kinney

Kenny Clark

Mike Rozier

Roger Craig

Roy Helu

:D

Ahman Green

Calvin Jones

Correll Buckhalter

Dahrran Diedrick

Dan Alexander

Derek Brown

IM Hipp

Jeff Kinney

Kenny Clark

Mike Rozier

Roger Craig

Roy Helu

You forgot Marlon Lucky, Leon Jackson, David Horne, and Josh Davis. :facepalm:

Ahman Green

Calvin Jones

Correll Buckhalter

Dahrran Diedrick

Dan Alexander

Derek Brown

IM Hipp

Jeff Kinney

Kenny Clark

Mike Rozier

Roger Craig

Roy Helu

Davis was the man! Was one of my favorite players when I was younger!

Including Lucky in with Jackson, Horne and career kick returner who happened to start one season at RB even though he had business doing so is kind of silly. IMO

Look at Lucky’s career stats compared to those others and you will see why.

Just because he was a highly touted recruit and didn’t turn into Reggie Bush doesn’t mean he didn’t have a solid career at NU.

Including Lucky in with Jackson, Horne and career kick returner who happened to start one season at RB even though he had business doing so is kind of silly. IMO

Look at Lucky’s career stats compared to those others and you will see why.

Just because he was a highly touted recruit and didn’t turn into Reggie Bush doesn’t mean he didn’t have a solid career at NU.

I was joking.