Nebraska vs. Baylor

Haspula

I didn't see anyone comment about the officiating, am I the only one that thought it was horrendous? 40 freaking free throw attempts? Are you kidding me? I don't care how aggressive or sloppy a team is playing, that should not happen - and no Nebraska was not that sloppy or aggressive. I thought it was ridiculous, but apparently I'm the only one.

I thought it was ridiculous. I stated that in my above posts, but I didn't watch the game too closely because I was watching the Duke game instead, I was just switching off when the duke game was at commercial or halftime. So I didn't really criticize the officiating because I wasn't sure if we just played really bad defense or the officiating was terrible. It seemed like it was because I thought we played pretty good defense whenever I was watching. I knew something was definately up though.

I didn't see anyone comment about the officiating, am I the only one that thought it was horrendous? 40 freaking free throw attempts? Are you kidding me? I don't care how aggressive or sloppy a team is playing, that should not happen - and no Nebraska was not that sloppy or aggressive. I thought it was ridiculous, but apparently I'm the only one.

I thought it was ridiculous. I stated that in my above posts, but I didn't watch the game too closely because I was watching the Duke game instead, I was just switching off when the duke game was at commercial or halftime. So I didn't really criticize the officiating because I wasn't sure if we just played really bad defense or the officiating was terrible. It seemed like it was because I thought we played pretty good defense whenever I was watching. I knew something was definately up though.

Yeah it was ridiculous but it was also sloppy. We had a shot at the end but just gave the ball right back up. If that isn't sloppy I guess I don't know what it is.

I think Doc has taken this program about as far as he can. About the only time we have had a decent team, is when we have a good home grown talent that we can keep in state. It should be easier to get a coach with a better track record to look at this program now, that we are moving to the B1G 10. Thank Doc for all he has been able to do, with what he had to work with, and start looking for a replacement for next year.

His teams will be no where close to a 500% record in the B1G 10. JMO

GBR!!!

It was horrible and Doc should have heaved a chair across the court JK.

I know of three times we took charges and not one of them were called.

Hell one time Almdia just stood there with his hands straight up the baylor

guy tried to shoot it went right into Almadia's hands and the whistle blew.

I couldn't freaking believe it.

My thoughts on last night, another so close but no where near game on the road.

It was nice to see Toney heat it up last night. Many times with Doc's roulette rotations he was the ONLY viable scoring threat in the game. The thing I hate is that in some of those lineups Toney becomes a bad matchup for NU on defense. He is put in some very bad situations and it leads to so much of his foul troubles.

Secondly it was pretty disturbing at the end of the game to see this team lose track of the one scoring threat you had to say on. Lace Dunn is a hell of a ball player and will get his, but you DO NOT leave him to double a big at the top of the key and you DO NOT give that kind of talent the baseline late in the game(granted it was a hell of a reverse layup). He probably would have gotten to the foul line, but these are the supposed principls that Doc supposedly preaches time and time again. A mental lapse that causes more heartbreak, go figure.

Finally the foul situation. I have no problem with it for this reason. An aggressive offensive team will attack the hoop and more likely than not get contact and get calls. The softness of NU's bigs let Baylor get any position they wanted in the paint and thus got themselves in poor positioning. The lack of athleticism in the bigs on D also allows them to continually to get beat. A team that pushes the pace will get the calls more often than not than the team who's offense is based off the four corners stall.

The thing that did impress me last night was NU's FT shooting. Another game at or over 80% at the line. Just a couple years ago this squad could hit 60%. Maybe a bugaboo cured. Now step up the agressiveness and maybe the 80% doesn't get cancelled out by the other team making more than you shoot.

Yeah it was ridiculous but it was also sloppy. We had a shot at the end but just gave the ball right back up. If that isn't sloppy I guess I don't know what it is.

I should clarify, the offense was terribly sloppy. I meant the defense wasn't sloppy enough to justify the refs allowing 44 free throws.

We really need to contain two players on this Baylor team. Perry Jones (arguably the best NBA quality player in the nation) and LaceDarius Dunn who is a top scorer for there team at 20.5 ppg and shooting 42% from 3-point land. If we stop them both from having amazing nights I think we could get a victory tonight.

Husker basketball is just pathetic. Each and every time they get close then the piss it away at the end. Thats obviously the best they can do. I M sorry but you just get so digusted watching them blow games away each and very game. Nebraska should just give up on basketball if this is the product they are always. I MEAN ALWAYS GOING TO PUT ON THE COURT. IF the football Team would would be as bad as the Basketball program there would be outrage. When the Basketball program is allowed to but one of the worst in the country each and every year is beyond me. It would be nice to be at least 500 in the league for once and heaven for bid if they could have a decent winning percentage. HUSKER BASKETBALL IS A JOKE AND EMBARRASSING TO WATCH. UNREAL

:yeah