And it begins...

Think of all the programs out there that are two sport schools.

Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida, Wisconsin, Texas, Michigan State.

I would love to see the Huskers lure Bob Knight away from ESPN and let him lay down a foundation for a strong BB program. Will never happen but like I play the lottery 'one ticket and bring home the bacon baby.'

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

You just said think of all the programs that have two sport schools and you only list six. ??????

Ohio St. yes

Tenn. Really take a look at what they are doing this year

Florida ?????

Wisconsin yes

Texas 5 wins in football

Mich St nice bowl on the bubble for b ball

We had the same run in the 90's when the football team won 3 national titles and the b ball team went to

five straight tourney games

:yeah I didn't know 6 teams out of 340+ (less than 2%) is a lot.

I don't understand some Husker fans. Sure, Nebrasketball as a program is TERRIBLE, one of the worst in the nation. But for all the rose-colored glasses that go on for the football team, and the anal-ness of some people to defend the Huskers to the death no matter how obvious it is that they are wrong, they are equally eager to throw the basketball team under the bus.

STOP!

This is Nebraska..... We are good at football, volleyball, wrestling, bowling, most of the time softball, and sometimes baseball/basketball. If you look at the talent he has, and has had, most of the time we play above our "talent" to be in games. Look, i would love nothing more than to have a successful basketball program, but sometimes an individual sport at any program doesn't get over that hump. we are average at best. Most likely always will be. Doc has done a great job with the talent he has, Maybe, just maybe, with the new facilities he will be able to bring in some new talent that is above average and maybe make a run to a sweet 16 in our lifetime. IMHO i dont think we need to call for Docs head. He is about the top level this program can get. I like him i think he coaches the kids up, and i think sometime you will see us get over that hump. but to have expectations beyond belief is just asinine.

• Fire 1