And it begins...

Look, I'm a huge Doc fan. Always have been, always will be. However, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be working at Nebraska. I really think he could still get this thing rolling, but it's become obvious that without a fan uprising things are just going to stay the same year after year. Complacency has set in for far too long. I'm sick and tired of devoting so much money and time to defending and watching this program and getting nothing in return. I'm not going to blame any players or Doc for that matter, but something isn't fitting.

I'm not going to say I'm ready to fire Doc, but I am torn. On one hand, I'm excited he'll be around long enough to recruit to a new conference, a new style, and new facilities. I'm excited because these things WILL help recruiting and I want to see what Doc is able to do with it. I'm excited because before last season, Doc had the program energized and moving in the right direction (6-10, then 7-9, finally 8-8) in his first 3 years. Doc can coach and Doc can recruit, don't take my word for it, look at his resume. He's won as a head coach and he's lead the way on the recruiting trail as an assistant and head coach. On the other hand, I'm worried because Doc WILL have 2 more years and if it still doesn't work out, that's a sh*t load of wasted time.

Despite what people on the outside think about all the transferring and weird rotations, Doc's players love him and love playing for him. Unfortunately he seems to recruit too many guys that aren't his players. There's no doubting these guys play balls to the wall, more so than most. But for whatever reason he cannot get over the hump.

I'm not ready for Doc to be gone... YET, but it's become obvious to me that the fans have to begin making some noise and putting some pressure on the department. Fan complacency is one of the reasons this program has never taken off. I can only hope enough people get stirred up that Doc and T.O. begin to feel some pressure. Unfortunately it's a pretty big task and I don't think there's enough interest to make a difference. 6 people on Huskerboard talking about how they're tired of this sh*t isn't going to get anything done. Doc definitely hasn't caught any breaks, but after 5 years he hasn't made any breaks for himself either. It's time to start demanding something more.

Who would actually take or want the NU job? Iowa and Iowa State have far greater basketball traditions then NU and Iowa had to bring in the Siena coach and ISU got lucky that Hoiberg wanted in.

They heydays of NU basketball (if that’s what we can call them) were helped by a group of local talent from Nebraska and a couple surrounding states. The D-1 players coming out of Nebraska now are few and far between. There hasn’t been a legit Big 12 caliber player come through the state since Matt Hill and it took that guy 5 years before the light finally popped on. Omaha has seen a handful of nice players but none of them are anywhere close to the talent level it takes to win in the Big 12 on a consistent basis.

Who knows though with the new facilities and arena maybe the recruits will be knocking down the door to come and play at NU?

I don’t know if Doc is or isn’t the man for the job, but if he isn’t who is?

• Fire 1

Doc will be around long enough to recruit with the new facilities and arena no matter how much the mumur from the few Husker fans that are out there screaming for his head.

Secondly Doc has gotten himself into this position by using such a strong influx of JUCO kids. The best thing about this newest recruiting class is they are all HS kids that can build continuity in the program. Half of these JUCOs have been huge busts, even with the success of some(ie Jeter) the JUCO mess has just compounded his problems with numbers issues and chemistry.

I like Doc and think he starting to realize what he needs to do to build a semi competitive program in a state that produces little D1 talent. Landing either Gessell or the kid up in Central is a must IMO.

Until then it is what it is.....and that is a shame.

I really think Doc is a good coach but it's damn near impossible to lure top tier talent to UNL right now... He gets about as much out of the guys as he can and they usually play great D. If we get 1 or 2 scoring threats Doc will win quite a few games. I'm not saying we need recruits rivaling Duke or Kansas, but just a couple upper echelon players will go a long way.

A coach with a "warm" seat isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is no reason it should be hot. The University is putting the pieces in place to help with the recruiting. If Sadler continues to struggle a couple years from now I think his seat heats up in a hurry

After a couple days off from the frustration of the Baylor game I began to calm down. Last night certainly helped, but it was what I realized yesterday morning that really did it for me - NU is 8 points away from this:

W v ISU

L @ Mizzou

W @ KU

W v CU

W @ TTech

W v aTm

L @ KSU

L v KU

W @ Baylor

W v OSU

It is extremely frustrating that Doc can't seem to get over the hump, but it's pretty easy to argue that a new arena/practice facility/conference/assistant coaches can lead to ONE player that is a little better scorer than what Doc has now and is finally able to pick up these wins. I probably should have waited a couple days to cool down before creating this thread. However, I do think if this team doesn't pick up a couple more wins this season he should at least have a warm seat, as Red Tape said: a warm seat is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think the biggest problem with Doc is he IS TOO HARD on some of the guys but also he brings in some guys whose personality doesnt mesh with his at all.

Lance Jeter works perfect with Doc.

Guys like Richardson, McCray, JBD seem to have personalities that dont deal as well with the yelling.

Doc needs leaders like Jeter, guys who can come to him and try and tone him down a little so that he can best teach.

I think the biggest problem is our assistant coaches. Assistants need to be good at recruiting and hopefully help on the offensive end if Doc is more defensively orientated.

Think of all the programs out there that are two sport schools.

Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida, Wisconsin, Texas, Michigan State.

I would love to see the Huskers lure Bob Knight away from ESPN and let him lay down a foundation for a strong BB program. Will never happen but like I play the lottery 'one ticket and bring home the bacon baby.'

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Think of all the programs out there that are two sport schools.

Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida, Wisconsin, Texas, Michigan State.

I would love to see the Huskers lure Bob Knight away from ESPN and let him lay down a foundation for a strong BB program. Will never happen but like I play the lottery 'one ticket and bring home the bacon baby.'

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

You just said think of all the programs that have two sport schools and you only list six. ??????

Ohio St. yes

Tenn. Really take a look at what they are doing this year

Florida ?????

Wisconsin yes

Texas 5 wins in football

Mich St nice bowl on the bubble for b ball

We had the same run in the 90's when the football team won 3 national titles and the b ball team went to

five straight tourney games