Three separate articles about Bo's revamped staff

Nexus

Meet the new staff, different than the old staff.

Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini soon will unveil his revamped coaching staff -- perhaps in a press conference, or maybe just in a press release, he says -- to a fan base that's notoriously short on patience and long on curiosity.

Continue Reading

LINCOLN — Nearly two decades have passed since Barry Switzer transitioned from Oklahoma to the NFL, but he still can't overemphasize the vast difference between running a college program and the Dallas Cowboys.

Difference No. 1? The assembly of a coaching staff.

Continue Reading

Talk about underwhelming hires.

When Tom Osborne took over the wheel of college football power Nebraska in 1973, he immediately put his stamp on the program.

Continue Reading

I don't usually find myself saying this about Tom Shatel but that was a great piece. Really helps put things into perspective. I liked this quote from the writer who was covering us back then.

"But Tom was not truly the captain of his own ship until all the assistants were his hires.''

Hard to believe but T.O. himself hired a couple of high school coaches way back when he first put his own staff together. It's easy to focus on the fact that these guys aren't from big programs or have x amount of years experience.

Bo has put his staff together and I am excited.

Great articles. The only thing that bothers me is that Bo won't do a high glamerous press release to get the fans excited about the new coaches and make NU look even better.

They don't have to look better, how about show theyre better come fall.

I am not saying they have to look better, but I am just afraid that Bo is going to have his usual press release and that is what everyone will talk about when in all actuality Bo could use this for his benefit and have a positive out come out of it.

What press release has Bo done where someone actually said good things about it afterwords instead of bashing him?

Nice read but I would like to see just a bio on each coach. Where have they coached and when, and why they left. I still want to learn more about the HS coach Fisher. For me it is resume 101 and his career seemed to be going the wrong way. (Not saying there is an issue I don't know).

A number of years ago I had a hospital administrator apply for a low level job, turned out he had been in jail as was starting over. Being from the medical field I bet he could golf, perhaps he could have opened a golf school.