John Papuchis announced as new Recruiting Coordinator

Nexus

10 days ago, Sean Callahan posted this on Twitter:

With John Papuchis's $25,000 pay raise he's already received, you have to think he's in line to be getting some sort of promotion on staff.

LINK

Maybe JP will take over the entire D-Line coaching and Carl Pelini will become more of a walk around d-coordinator?

LINK

I think the only concern is the extent this takes him off the trail, if at all.

Makes sense on a few levels though. He cares about recruiting. He was on the staff last year.

Hmmmm, does that mean it goes to him almost by default?

That was my first thought. He seems to have done pretty well out there in the high schools and living rooms and the like, so it seems like we'd like to keep him out there as much as we can.

Stupid question, but who is our official defensive line coach atm? Is it Pap?

I think the only concern is the extent this takes him off the trail, if at all.

Makes sense on a few levels though. He cares about recruiting. He was on the staff last year.

Hmmmm, does that mean it goes to him almost by default?

That was my first thought. He seems to have done pretty well out there in the high schools and living rooms and the like, so it seems like we'd like to keep him out there as much as we can.

Stupid question, but who is our official defensive line coach atm? Is it Pap?

Officially both are listed at D-line. Split duties by JP and Cal one doing the interior and one doing the ends.

This will not effect his ability to go out on the recruiting trail. I'm excited that we finally gave someone to RC position that is actually a great recruiter.

I think this title/promotion will not keep JP off the road(that would be assinine) but I do think it will slow him down a little. The days of Florida to Hawaii in a week will be over. JP has gotten NU in contention with so many kids that shouldn't have even been an option it is rediculous, even if they went elsewhere. From Owa and JR Ferguson to Ankrah, Guy and Rome, the guy flat out has that "it" factor out on the trail. Hopefully it continues, this RC will be much more productive and active than Mr Gilmore.

I see this situation for JP very simular to my own when I was being promoted. Here is my story/analogy:

As many of the people close to me know (aspeedlin among others) I worked at Sears in the Lawn and Garden/Hardware department. I was the best sales associate on staff and it was not even close. Every single number that sales associates are judged on, I was the best in. When the management position of my department became open, I was strongly encouraged by my superiors to apply for it. Only being my first year at Sears I was plenty nervous. But I was not going to let that stop me from applying and being promoted within the company I love working for. So of course, I got the job. I began to instill my methods and put my personality into my department. Soon after, the culture that I wanted in my department began to pick up traction and the production of my entire team began to reflect my own back when I was just a sales associate. I still get on the floor and sell product and the like, but now that my associates know what I want to see and how I want it done, it becomes a lot easier for us to win.

Take that for what it is worth.