Prince or Peterson ?

Blaze1up

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gotta give the edge to peterson with the added special teams play... However, if I remember right Prince was pretty good with the ball back in high school. Yes I know it was several years ago against lesser competition but who knows maybe he too could make an impact... just throwing it out there

I'm tired of hearing about his special teams ability, once he starts at corner for whatever team drafts him, they won't be putting their starting corner back there unless he is the only half worthy returner on the entire roster or is just that freakish a la Hester. I just don't think teams will be looking at the added special teams benefit to draft him over Prince.

I find it funny how your links have prince's ranking as second in cbs while Peterson is first.. Yes, Kiper has prince going at 9 but he also has peterson going on at 7. Peterson was also up against better wrs and qbs. Therefore, if you look at the numbers, they put up identical numbers (this is IF the lsu fans are even corret) while Peterson played superior competition. Dont get me wrong, prince is a good cb but Peterson is just a tad bit better. Also, your links dont prove the points you made because they even have prince second best at his psition, behind Peterson!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

You obviously havent watched football outside of the big XII. Big XII was weak this year compared to the talent in the SEC

I find it funny how your links have prince's ranking as second in cbs while Peterson is first.. Yes, Kiper has prince going at 9 but he also has peterson going on at 7. Peterson was also up against better wrs and qbs. Therefore, if you look at the numbers, they put up identical numbers (this is IF the lsu fans are even corret) while Peterson played superior competition. Dont get me wrong, prince is a good cb but Peterson is just a tad bit better. Also, your links dont prove the points you made because they even have prince second best at his psition, behind Peterson!

:ahhhhhhhh

What about the link I provided from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM that stated that some teams have Prince slotted AHEAD of Peterson? An NFL Team is not going to share their big board with the public, so a link to this cannot be provided, but if this is being reported by a reputable source, then there has to be some of this sentiment amongst league personnel reps. Pretty sure that completely proved my point, which was that Prince is rated higher by some teams because he is more technically sound and polished AT THIS TIME. Peterson is the better athlete and future prospect. End of story.

I still have yet to see anyone say prince is more technically sound and polished as Peterson. Peterson is a better corner in man coverage (your links even state this) so prince ant be that much more technically sound...Please tell me one source that specifically states Prince is more technically sound and polished than peterson? Also, I feel that how a player does in man to man is more important than zone, which is why i wouldgo with peterson anyday of the week. Scouts have stated that Peterson is a great man to man corner while prince isnt.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

You obviously havent watched football outside of the big XII. Big XII was weak this year compared to the talent in the SEC

I live in Florida and I am quite exposed to SEC football. In fact, I see more ACC and SEC than Big 12 by far. The Big 12 may have been "weak" but over the past 3 years, the big 12 has much better WR's and especially QB's. You also don't see the variety of offenses in the SEC like you do the Big 12, especially in regards to passing, and the spread. CB's also have a much harder time covering in the Big 12 because they're aren't allowed to be as physical with WR's as in the SEC.

I voted for Prince, IMO he is more technically sound than Peteson. I would take either one in a heart beat, but I just can't bring myself to believe that Peterson is a better CB prospect than Prince. Peterson might have size and speed on Prince, but Prince was so consistent the last couple of years.

What about the link I provided from NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM that stated that some teams have Prince slotted AHEAD of Peterson? An NFL Team is not going to share their big board with the public, so a link to this cannot be provided, but if this is being reported by a reputable source, then there has to be some of this sentiment amongst league personnel reps. Pretty sure that completely proved my point, which was that Prince is rated higher by some teams because he is more technically sound and polished AT THIS TIME. Peterson is the better athlete and future prospect. End of story.

I still have yet to see anyone say prince is more technically sound and polished as Peterson. Peterson is a better corner in man coverage (your links even state this) so prince ant be that much more technically sound...Please tell me one source that specifically states Prince is more technically sound and polished than peterson? Also, I feel that how a player does in man to man is more important than zone, which is why i wouldgo with peterson anyday of the week. Scouts have stated that Peterson is a great man to man corner while prince isnt.

I would think you are Petersons Butt Buddy from you pumping lead into him. Some husker fans are going to have Prince's back regardless of sources or insider information. Let it be, this is an opinion board, a Nebraska opinion board, get the hint.

Once again, you completely missed the point. It's useless debating with a brick wall. MY OPINION was that he is better RIGHT NOW. I provided ample evidence to support MY OPINION (such as NFL SCOUTS carrying the same opinion). You obviously don't agree, and I really don't care if you don't choose to let this penetrate your skull. My point wasn't where they project, my point is where they are at RIGHT NOW. I agree that Peterson has all the skill in the world to be an all world shut down CB. However, the best CB in the league (Revis) more closely resembles Prince in style, size, speed, attributes than Peterson, which is why a lot of teams may lean towards Prince, or not be broken up if Peterson is gone when they pick.

I would think you are Petersons Butt Buddy from you pumping lead into him. Some husker fans are going to have Prince's back regardless of sources or insider information. Let it be, this is an opinion board, a Nebraska opinion board, get the hint.

Resorting to personal attacks on a message board, very nice. I wish I could be like you, bub. Of course, me and DJR are bantering back and forth and we are both bringing up good points. Its nice to debate with someone who can bring their game. Of course, you dont exactly have to read the debate so i dont understand why youre chiming in. Although, just proved that Husker fans can be as big of homers as Texas fans...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

I live in Florida and I am quite exposed to SEC football. In fact, I see more ACC and SEC than Big 12 by far. The Big 12 may have been "weak" but over the past 3 years, the big 12 has much better WR's and especially QB's. You also don't see the variety of offenses in the SEC like you do the Big 12, especially in regards to passing, and the spread. CB's also have a much harder time covering in the Big 12 because they're aren't allowed to be as physical with WR's as in the SEC.

Hm, lets see here Cam Newton, Ryan Mallet, Greg Mcelroy, Stephen Garcia and Jeremiah Masoli..or Blainne Gabbert, Landry Jones, Weeden, and Tennehill? Yeahh im going with the SEC batch on this one. Also, if you live in florida and if you are "quite exposed to SEC football" you would see that the SEC has bigger, physical and faster WRs than the Big XII.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Hm, lets see here Cam Newton, Ryan Mallet, Greg Mcelroy, Stephen Garcia and Jeremiah Masoli..or Blainne Gabbert, Landry Jones, Weeden, and Tennehill? Yeahh im going with the SEC batch on this one. Also, if you live in florida and if you are "quite exposed to SEC football" you would see that the SEC has bigger, physical and faster WRs than the Big XII.

McElroy? Masoli? Garcia? HAHAHAHAHA...... McElroy hands the ball off. Masoli was terribad in a conference that plays defense. Garcia was benched like 3 times last year by his own coach. Mallett is good, as is Newton (and the Tebowchild).But that list pales in comparison to: Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones,Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, etc....

And FYI, I'm not just talking about last year, I'm talking about over the players a careers. Prince has faced better QB's and WR's. You also completely ignored my comments pointing out the differences in offensive styles. And then there's also the difference in officiating styles, which greatly hinders (or helps) a defense.

So, if you "watched football outside of the big XII" you would note the differences in play styles.

I suggest you stop with the media hype of the SEC speed garbage. Southern "speed" is the biggest myth in football.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

The highest picked WR in the NFL draft from the SEC in the last 3 years was Massaquoi from Georgin in 2009, while the Big 12 has had 5 or 6 guys chosen before that. I think you are giving into the hype of the physicality of SEC defense and giving the offense the benefit as well.. Julio is physical but not quick and Green is a freak, but peterson didnt have to go up against him this year. Blackmon and Broyles > than Jones and Green in trying to defende these college systems and styles.

Have any one on this board actually watched more than a game or half a game LSU played in to determine this "technically better" arguement. I am thinking a lot of NU fans here will probably say no. Just saying. Hard to make an arguement when one guy you've seen a hand full of times vs a guy we get the joy of watching every weekend for multiple years.