Here we go again

Even if he doesn't play I think our team will be fine. Almeida will get a bulk of the playing time but I am confident that McCray will step up down low in his spot. Also need Ubel to play some valuable time. My thoughts are though we would just go with a smaller line-up like we did first time around. Hopefully it can be more affective this time.

Arg, Doc texted Lane Girndle on Sports Nightly. Diaz is fine and is a full go, MRI are not big deals unless they find something. He's fine he will play his same minutes.

If he was "fine" he wouldn't have gone for an MRI. There's no damage, but that doesn't mean he's fine. He'll play, but it'll be interesting to see if he goes 30+ minutes and also how affective he'll be in those minutes. I'm not saying he won't be affective, but to just assume he's 100% one day after he was sore enough to get an MRI is a little too optimistic for this Nebrasketball fan.

This all can almost be a moot point if Almeida stays out of foul trouble and puts up quality minutes again like the Texas game. The roles of production can almost be reversed from earlier this season. I hate on Diaz a ton, and give him credit when due, and NU needs production from him, BUT I think Almeida can be the far better post presence for this team. He gives NU an element it hasn't had in a long time. Maric was a big body but he still played soft at times. There is no soft with 'Dre

Arg, Doc texted Lane Girndle on Sports Nightly. Diaz is fine and is a full go, MRI are not big deals unless they find something. He's fine he will play his same minutes.

If he was "fine" he wouldn't have gone for an MRI. There's no damage, but that doesn't mean he's fine. He'll play, but it'll be interesting to see if he goes 30+ minutes and also how affective he'll be in those minutes. I'm not saying he won't be affective, but to just assume he's 100% one day after he was sore enough to get an MRI is a little too optimistic for this Nebrasketball fan.

MRI could have been solely precautionary. I was made to get an MRI once when I was 100% sure I was fine and the MRI turned up negative. Doc isn't going to risk destroying a kids career. At least I'd like to think so.

MRI could have been solely precautionary. I was made to get an MRI once when I was 100% sure I was fine and the MRI turned up negative. Doc isn't going to risk destroying a kids career. At least I'd like to think so.

I understand, and yes Diaz' MRI was just precautionary, but why did you get yours? Did you take a fall or something? Diaz got his because he FELT soreness walking stairs and then was unable to go a full practice. Again, there may be absolutely nothing wrong, but he was sore enough that he couldn't make it 100% through practice. More than likely once the game gets going he'll forget all about it and be fine but anyone who follows Nebrasketball knows better than to just assume it'll be fine. Anything that can go wrong usually does for this program, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit nervous that the night before the biggest game of the year, one of the team's leading scorers gets an MRI.