Bleacher Report's Top 25 Greatest Husker games

Fuzzy

Let's see how many people argue with this.

#25 - Nov 28th, 2008 Nebraska 40 Colorado 31

*Alex Henery's school record FG

#24 - Nov 3rd, 2007 Kansas 76 Nebraska 39

*Though I agrue it should be in the Top 25 greatest, it was a memorable game as it sealed the fate of Pederson and Callahan

#23 - Nov 26th, 2004 Colorado 26 Nebraska 20

* I don't know why this is in there, bowl streak probably

#22 - Nov 23th, 2001 Colorado 62 Nebraska 36

*Frank Solich's nail in the coffin

#21 - Oct 28th, 2001 Nebraska 20 Oklahoma 10

*Probably should be in the Top 5 greatest games

#20 - Sep 20th, 2001 Nebraska 48 Rice 3

*First game after 9/11 attacks, we still soldout.

#19 - Sep 9th, 2000 Nebraska 27 Notre Dame 24

*Overtime decided this game, when do we get to play them again?

#18 - Dec 4th, 1999 Nebraska 22 Texas 6

*There was a time when we beat Texas in football

#17 - Jan 2nd, 1999 Nebraska 42 Tennessee 17

*Michigan will never live that game down

#16 - Nov 8th, 1997 Nebraska 45 Missouri 38

*The Flea Flicker

#15 - Jan 2, 1996 Nebraska 62 Florida 36

*It will feel good to beat a dominate SEC school again

#14 - Jan 1st, 1995 Nebraska 24 Miami 17

#13 - Oct 15th, 1994 Nebraska 17 Kansas State 6

*Let's face it with Frazier and Berringer out with injuries it took the 3rd string QB Turman to keep our heads afloat.

#12 - Jan 1st, 1994 Florida State 18 Nebraska 16

*If only the FG wasn't shanked

#11 - Nov 19, 1988 Nebraska 7 Oklahoma 3

*This reminds me of the NU-OU game from 2009, except at no point during the 2009 season did our offense score a lot points.

#10 - Jan 2nd, 1984 Miami 31 Nebraska 30

*I wonder if Tom would go back and go for the PAT if he could?

#9 - Nov 11th, 1978 Nebraska 17 Oklahoma 14

*The kickoff hit which should have been ruled a fumble

#8 - Sep 17th, 1977 Nebraska 31 Alabama 24

Bear Bryant comes to Memorial Stadium and loses to unranked Huskers

#7 - Jan 1st, 1973 Nebraska 40 Notre Dame 3

*Bob Devaney's last game goes out in fashion

#6 - Jan 1st, 1972 Nebraska 38 Alabama 6

*Bob Devaney's 2nd straight national title

#5 - Jan 1st, 1971 Nebraska 17 LSU 12

*Jerry Tagge saved the day

#4 - Nov 25th, 1971 Nebraska 35 Oklahoma 31

*Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers just tore 'em loose from their shoes!

#3 - Sep 22nd, 1962 Nebraska 53 South Dakota 0

*Bob Devaney's first game, one could argue it was the beginning of the Big Red Dynasty

#2 - Dec 15th 1962 Nebraska 36 Miami 34

*Nebraska's first bowl win, why shouldn't it be ranked this high?

#1 Jan 1, 1941 Stanford 21 Nebraska 13

*First bowl game for the Huskers, truthfully the "Game of the Century" should be here.

Was it put in chronological order on purpose or what?

Well's lets face it, newer games haven't been that GREAT.

I would probably swap out some of the Callahan aged loses with the Holiday bowl shut out against Arizona, that was pretty memorable. The Big 12 championship lose to Texas should be up there, im sorry to say. I think the Big 12 Championship game this year should be kind of close, even though it was a loss to us, it marks the last time we play Oklahoma for a long time and the last time we see the Big 12 title game.

How about one or both of the games where we beat the 4 Horsemen of Notre Dame? Or the game when we barely lost to them, but Knute Rockne called our defensive tackle Ed Weir (yeah, the guy the track is named after) the best player he's ever seen? Or when Weir and Co. shut down The Galloping Ghost Red Grange, being the only defense to ever stop him from scoring a TD?

No Particular Order:

94 Orange

Heartbreak, but led by Alberts and Frazier, the 17 point dog Huskers take the fight to the Seminoles and their friends, the refs.

95 Orange

Breaking the bowl losing streak and getting his first National Title, Osborne dials in Schlesinger to score the winning TD and the Blackshirts smother Miami.

96 Fiesta

Most dominant football team in college football history takes apart another incredibly dominant team in the Florida Gators as Frazier demonstrates why the wrong guy got the Heisman.

84 Orange

The Offensive Explosion, led by the Triplets, come up just short as the 2 point conversion falls helplessly to the ground, though Osborne could've ensured a title with a kick.

09 Big 12 Title

Ndamukong Suh and the Blackshirts smother an extremely talented Texas squad all the way to 0:00, only to see their hopes dashed with a second put back, and the ball sneak through the goalposts.

23 vs. Notre Dame

Huskers mount the first of 2 wins over the famed '4 Horsemen.' Though the Irish were heavily favored, they could muster hardly any offense until late in the game against an unrelenting Husker defensive front.

25 vs. Illinois

Ed Weir and the Nebraska defense knocks the 'Galloping Ghost' Red Grange out of the game and secures a victory over powerful Illinois

59 vs. OU

The Huskers, after nearly 2 decades of lackluster play, upset the juggernaut Sooners for homecoming, ending their incredible run of conference wins.

92 vs. CU

Nebraska dominates a very talented CU squad from the first snap, putting the Buffs back in their place after being unable to defeat them 4 out of 6 years prior.

09 vs. MU

Bo Pelini showcases the new Blackshirts, as they put on a clinic as to how to stop the spread, and the offense ignites in the 4th quarter to put away a Tiger program that had humiliated the Huskers in '03, '05, '07, and '08.

71 orange

Bob Devaney leads Nebraska to their first National Title, as QB Jerry Tagge stretches over the goal line to best LSU in a tough, defensive contest.

72 orange

One of the other best teams in college football history, the '71 Huskers score early and often to bury Alabama and capture their 2nd straight national title.

99 Big 12

Frank Solich leads Nebraska over Texas in a dominant Big 12 Title win, the Huskers' last win over Texas, and last conference title.

76 Astro-Bluebonnet

Osborne, on the brink of losing 4 games in one season, and his job as Husker coach, directs Rick Berns and Vince Ferragamo to a comeback win over Texas Tech. Had he lost and been sent packing, who knows where Husker football would be today.

60 vs. Texas

In one of the biggest upsets in Husker History, underdog Nebraska upends the mighty 4th ranked Longhorns.

62 vs. Michigan

Devaney and Nebraska surprise mighty Michigan with a resounding victory in Ann Arbor.

62 Gotham

The first of 42 straight bowls, Nebraska outscores Miami in cold Yankee stadium before a crowd of 6,100, including Batman.

70 vs. USC

Orduna and the big boys of Nebraska scratch out a tie against the flashy boys from Hollywood, which was a large factor for the Huskers at the end of the season...

77 vs. Alabama

After losing a frustrating first game of the season, Osborne leads the Huskers over powerful 4th ranked Alabama in Lincoln to solidify Nebraska as a team to be reckoned with.

78 vs. OU

Nebraska breaks a long losing streak to the land thieves, only to face them again in the bowl game. No one will forget one of the hardest hits in Husker history, as Ruud smacks Phelps so hard, he's unconscious before hits the ground.

98 Orange

Osborne goes out in style, as the Huskers run all over Tennessee and the Blackshirts smother Peyton manning. Our 5th National Title would be announced early the next morning.

94 vs. CU

Nebraska soundly defeats a CU team coach Osborne called 'One of the most talented we've ever played,' to propel the Huskers into the title race.

01 vs. OU

Eric Crouch catches a long td pass in one of the most memorable trick plays in Husker history to best the 2nd ranked Sooners.

10 vs. MU

Roy Helu, Jr. breaks the single-game rushing record as Nebraska defeats 7th ranked Missouri, their first victory over a top-10 team since defeating OU in '01. (13 straight losses)

00 Fiesta

Nebraska runs over, around, and through Tennessee to capture their last BCS victory.

Honorable Mention:

88 OU

05 Michigan

• Fire 1

25 games is a bit excessive...

I'm just gonna go with 10, in no particular order

96 Fiesta - I got to see the greatest college football team ever, ever

95 Orange - Dr. Tom's first of three, and Schlesinger pretty much singlehanded ripped the heart out of Miami

71 vs OU - Game of the Century, enough said

01 vs OU - A little trickeration to Crouch and me loosing my ever loving mind

00 vs ND - More Red than Green

97 vs UW - Stickin' it to the Huskies at their house

97 vs UT - Sending Peyton off to the NFL with an old fashioned whoopin'

83 vs Miami - First time I'd ever had my heart broken

08 VS CU - The World got introduced to Mr Suh

09 vs UT - Mr Suh served notice as to who the best player in college football really was

• Fire 1

I thought about '00 ND, walks, but we had the game in the bag if it weren't for poor special teams play. We were clearly the better team, and the same goes with CU in '08. Though Henery and Suh's heroics were incredible, we shouldn't have needed to rely on them, but for the sloppy play that put us in that position in the first place against a less than mediocre buff squad.

My favorite was the '95 Orange bowl vs the U. I actually watched that again a while ago. I wondered if we would have won that game with modern day officiating. The 'shirts beat down Frank Costa something fierce and I gotta say that made a huge difference. I also have to say, it's pretty amusing how late you could hit the quarterback back then and how many times the D tee'd off on him and these days a lot of those would have been flagged. It was pretty awesome, actually. Especially the part where he picks dirt out of his helmet.

"And the Hurricane warnings are up!"