Big Ten Network-Will they show any of the old NU games?

ladyhawke

I was thinking that now that we are part of the Big 10, will this network show any of the archived NU games? The only NU games ESPNU would usually show were the ones where we lost. It would be great to see all of the great ones, especially the championship season games. I know you can buy them on DVD but it would be cool for the rest of the Big 10 to see them.

Anyone have an info on the way the Big 10 Network will work?

Pretty sure they will eventually. BTN has shown classic Penn State games preceding their Big Ten athletic membership in '93.

True - but Penn State didn't belong to a league so there wasn't another entity that owned those games. I am not sure how the rights will work with the Big 8/Big 12 and their broadcast partners vs. the BTN for those older games.

Pretty sure they will eventually. BTN has shown classic Penn State games preceding their Big Ten athletic membership in '93.

True - but Penn State didn't belong to a league so there wasn't another entity that owned those games. I am not sure how the rights will work with the Big 8/Big 12 and their broadcast partners vs. the BTN for those older games.

But wouldn't Texas be able to show old SWC games on their new network?

This is true. Not sure how the media rights apply in the Big 12, but one possible clue was hinted at during the Big 12 meetings last summer when Harvey Perlman told the other Big 12 members that if everyone was willing to sign over their media rights towards a Big 12 network that Nebraska would stay. Texas obviously didn't agree to this and the rest was history. Therefore I can only surmise that there must be some flexibility in obtaining Big 12 media rights if one were to leave the conference? Either way, I'm sure something will work itself out down the road and BTN will be allowed to air old Nebraska games.

My understanding is that they will show some old Nebraska games beginning in July. What will be nice is if they don't just show the games we lost.

I'm pretty sure any games they show that you lose would just be to another Big 10 school.

Luckily those are pretty hard to find. ;)

We're 8-1 vs. Big 10 teams since 1993 and 74-64-8 against current Big 10 teams all-time.

My understanding is that they will show some old Nebraska games beginning in July. What will be nice is if they don't just show the games we lost.

I'm pretty sure any games they show that you lose would just be to another Big 10 school.

We're 8-1 vs. Big 10 teams since 1993 and 74-64-8 against current Big 10 teams all-time.

Actually knapplc, our last loss to a Big Ten team was in 2002 @ Penn State. And it wasn't pretty either.

Actually knapplc, our last loss to a Big Ten team was in 2002 @ Penn State. And it wasn't pretty either.

I know - that's the "1" in the 8-1 record. ;)

• Fire 1

I know - that's the "1" in the 8-1 record. ;)

My bad knapplc, I misread your post. I thought you said the last time we lost was in '93. :nutz

No worries. The good news is, we avenged that loss in 2003. We were actually 2-0 vs. Big 10 teams in 2003, come to think of it: We beat Penn State on the back half of the home-and-home, and Bo beat Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl.

We played Michigan in 2005 and beat them in the Alamo Bowl. Have we played any other Big 10 teams since 2001 besides Michigan? I'm not remembering....