WWF Attitude Era Thread

Since I've noticed we have a few WWF (NOT WWE) fans on this board, I thought I'd start a thread to post videos or discuss favorite storylines, favorite wrestlers, favorite matches, or favorite promos/skits. This is the attitude era (late 90's to early 2000's) thread. The days when WWE didn't have reality stars as champions. The days when 7-8 main eventers feuded for ONE championship belt, not three. The days when the championship belt went to more than just three different people. The days when the tag team division was just as fun to watch as the WWF championship matches. The days where storylines were actually clever and entertaining to watch. The days of the Ministry of Darkness before Undertaker became a stupid boxer character or whatever he is now. The days of the corporation. The days of DX w/ Road Dogg and Bad Ass Billy Gunn. The days of JR and the King! Not the crap announcers they got today. The days when MASKED Kane would give little kids nightmares.

I'll start. This is a match I remember very distinctly and is quite possibly one of the best matches of all time! Mankind is one tough SOB!

Undertaker vs. Mankind (Hell in a Cell): King of the Ring 1998 Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdLmvMGug64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLK7bJF31GI

I grew up watching AWA on Saturday afternoons with Baron Von Raschke and Mad Dog Vachon. I remember hating Bobby Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel and really liked Greg Gagne, Superfly Snuka, and Billy Robinson. Even at a young age I liked athletic technicians and the high flyers. When they started carrying WWF my favorites were Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage and Bret Hart.

I grew up watching AWA on Saturday afternoons with Baron Von Raschke and Mad Dog Vachon. I remember hating Bobby Heenan and Nick Bockwinkel and really liked Greg Gagne, Superfly Snuka, and Billy Robinson. Even at a young age I liked athletic technicians and the high flyers. When they started carrying WWF my favorites were Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage and Bret Hart.

My dad is friends with Mad Dog Vachon. He came to my graduation party and I went to Wrestlemania last year when he got inducted to the hall of fame.

My dad is friends with Mad Dog Vachon. He came to my graduation party and I went to Wrestlemania last year when he got inducted to the hall of fame.

Cool

There are probably very few that ever remember AWA used to be on ESPN! That was great, also remember the early days of WCW (NWA) when it was on old WTBS about every other night! I will say it was pretty cool when they had Stone Cold and the Rock, Stone Cold and the Beer truck was probably the coolest thing they ever did.

There are probably very few that ever remember AWA used to be on ESPN! That was great, also remember the early days of WCW (NWA) when it was on old WTBS about every other night! I will say it was pretty cool when they had Stone Cold and the Rock, Stone Cold and the Beer truck was probably the coolest thing they ever did.

Videos people, videos

I remember when I was a boy watching Lou Thez (the face) Hanz Schmidt (the heal).

As I grew older there was Vern Gagne and Dick the Brusier.

Then came Wicked Nick Bockwinkle and Ray 'the Crippler' Stevens, the Crusher and the Brusier. They were on the card when Muhamad Ali had a sham match with the Japanese Champion. Shortly after that it was Bockwinkle defending the belt against all comers and a great fued between Cowboy Bob Duncom and Black Jack Lanza and The World Famous High Flyers (Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzel). There was also a great fued with the Crusher and Mad Dog Vachon. (Tru da cage Mad Dog. I'm gonna put you tru da cage.) Then came Vince McMahon and he took his group national, the regional associations were doomed. McMahon had a deal with the USA network and hit the jackpot when Hulk Hogan got a part in a Rocky movie. Hulk-a-mania was born.

I find it amazing how professional wrestling has been there for every major step that Television has taken. It was broadcast on TV long before the NFL. It was a staple on several cabel TV networks. Wrestlemania and the monthly WWF/E events are head and shoulders ahead of any other pay-per-view events. The hair on the back of my neck still stands up when I hear, 'Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...' or the chains dropping and glass breaking when Stone Cold struts down the ramp and enters the ring. What fun and what staying power this 'sport' has had.

T_O_B

WCW > WWF

Ya I forgot to put if you were a Nitro fan and not a RAW fan to post some of your favorite stuff too. Theres no discrimination here

Good ol' Monday Nitro.

I found this. I'm confused. I used to love Harlem Heat and Sting but hate Lex Luger. I can't for the life of me remember who was good/evil in this storyline in '96.

EDIT: Dude you were way too nice about this. I thought we might have to throw down.

I edited one out since you said favorite stuff but I'd never seen it. I'm trying to figure out how you guys remember the story lines so well. I watched WCW religiously and I can't remember so much of the earlier 90's stuff.

I liked WCW's storyline involving BG going undefeated. What was his record before he finally lost a match?

I don't know how I remember them so much. I remember Undertaker was an AWESOME heel when he ran the Ministry of Darkness. And when I think about that group, I remember them kidnapping people and hanging them on the Undertaker cross. Here's a video I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctrozY0Alqc

Edited by Po Belini