I feel the need, the need for SPEED!

knapplc

careful Lyons - you don't want to get into it with knapplc - he'll never let it go - not worth it trust me

WTF? I want to talk football and you're getting all personal. Why is it so hard to stick to football?

People always seem to derail the thread w/ posts like this...

And the sun rises in the East. Any other obvious facts you want to point out?

...too much talk on football in there for me...

Everything up to this post... except for the post by knapplc at 2:37 that began this

can I post on Huskerboard without you shedding a tear and calling me out?

...was about football. That's ^^^ where you derailed this and got personal. You want to make me the bad guy, but all I'm hearing is, "Blah blah blah I sprained my vagina."

you should put some ice on that

Everything up to this post...

can I post on Huskerboard without you shedding a tear and calling me out?

...was about football. That's ^^^ where you derailed this and got personal. You want to make me the bad guy, but all I'm hearing is, "Blah blah blah I sprained my vagina."

you should put some ice on that

I told you - I'm not going near your groin, no matter how much you beg. And don't bother trying to get me drunk again - I can drink you and your best friend under the table. ;)

Can we be done with this now? I have no reason to go at it with you and I find this pretty boring.

So... Chris. You think we have the potential to be a fast team this year?

we "will" be a fast team. the question IMO (while too obvsious for some) is whether or not we can capitalize on that speed and get our guys through the line of scrimage.

yeah that is what I said to begin with haha. Last year we had talent on offense, but either the line wasn't doing their job or Martinez wasn't doing his. Hopefully Beck can get the offense on the same page for once. Once that happens we will be a hard team to stop.

"Blah blah blah I sprained my vagina."

I thought this was supposed to be a "family board" or something like that? I find this post rude and offensive. I would complain to a mod that this stuff needs to be in the shed ONLY, but seeing as you're the guy in charge, it would probably be a waste of time.

If you find that offensive, there are about 100 other posts a month you should find equally offensive. Yet you've never reported a single post. I find it hard to take your criticism seriously in light of these facts.

However, I am one of only several mods. If you feel the need to report my post, by all means, click the button.

all those ferrari's still have to be able to make it through the trenches

Great input knapplc.

kchusker_chris' I completely agree. Speed kills, but if we cant move the chains on 3rd and short, we will be hurting. Aside from Rex I am somewhat worried about our smaller running back's durability in the Big 10. However, if they can remain healthy along with their blazing speed, Nebraska will bring a whole new style of football to the Big 10 in years to come. It's very ironic that in our first year in a "smash-mouth" conference, we will be running a no-huddle offense that is polar opposite of what we ran in the glory days. Should be interesting to say the least.

all those ferrari's still have to be able to make it through the trenches

Great input knapplc.

kchusker_chris' I completely agree. Speed kills, but if we cant move the chains on 3rd and short, we will be hurting. Aside from Rex I am somewhat worried about our smaller running back's durability in the Big 10. However, if they can remain healthy along with their blazing speed, Nebraska will bring a whole new style of football to the Big 10 in years to come. It's very ironic that in our first year in a "smash-mouth" conference, we will be running a no-huddle offense that is polar opposite of what we ran in the glory days. Should be interesting to say the least.

The offense that we're moving towards is not the polar opposite of what we ran in the glory days. In the glory days, we ran the option: check. We used our running game to set up playaction pass and hurt the defense downfield: check. We played at a fast tempo. We used mobile QBs to help open up our running game: check.

This isn't the polar opposite of what we ran in the glory days. It's probably not going to be too far from what Osborne's offense would look like had he continued to develop it over the past 13 years.

As far as third and short goes, there's no rule that says you have to run it between the tackles on third and short. If you got 4 or 5 yards on first and second down by spreading the field, there's nothing to stop you from doing it on third down. If you want to worry about something then worry about the red zone, where we can't spread the defense out as much because of the short field.