I feel the need, the need for SPEED!

knapplc

I do believe the 40's time are inflated. I do not think we are as fast as those 40 times but we should still be a pretty fast team. We were a fast team last year but it didnt seem to make a difference, although I do blame that on watson. I think Beck will be an amazing OC and we should be able to put up good amount of points in the big 10.

I love Kinnie, but he DEFINITELY doesn't look like he runs a 4.46 haha

I agree. When teams knew we were passing the guy couldn’t get open, he could get sero separation. I really question his ability to be a legit #1. He also dropped just as many if not more passes then Niles Paul.

I am not sure that he dropped as many as Paul. You are correct though, he dropped his share. he certainly has more heart than Paul. Paul would take off 1/2 the plays... no effort whatsoever. Paul is more talented... Kinnie not so much so... but Kinnie plays hard. And... I agree Brandon is more a power guy than a speed guy. Actually, his lack of speed is his main liability. Brandon would be a nice change of pace guy --- a big body type --- what we need is a guy to share the position with him who is quicker, faster, and better able to get separation (and possessing those attributes likely means that such a player would be a smaller guy)... then you switch them in and out. But we do not have such a WR on the team (or, at least, we do not have one that has yet stepped up to show that they can get it done).

So... we can say what we want about him... but Brandon Kinnie is our best WR.

Anyone wanting to put some work in and compare our skill players speed to the rest of the big 10? Seems like a lot of work to me....

I know I don't. :D

It took me a good 15 minutes to type up that first post, bouncing between Rivals and Scout to find 40 times. Some guys' times aren't listed on Rivals, some aren't listed on Scout, and I'd hate to have to do that for eleven more teams.

I will mention Khiry Cooper and Gilleylen. I expected them to improve in 2010, instead they were outshined by Enunwa, Marlowe, Henry, and Broekemeier. I know Gilleylen has been having problems with his ball handling, but I didn't hear anything as to why Cooper didn't see the field much. If Gilleylen hasn't improved on his ball skills, it will be a disappointing end to his career at NU.

Anyone wanting to put some work in and compare our skill players speed to the rest of the big 10? Seems like a lot of work to me....

It took me a good 15 minutes to type up that first post, bouncing between Rivals and Scout to find 40 times. Some guys' times aren't listed on Rivals, some aren't listed on Scout, and I'd hate to have to do that for eleven more teams.

Not sure why I'm even posting this.....but didn't I see a post, knapplc, several days/weeks ago that you were done with this board?

Not sure why I'm even posting this.....but didn't I see a post, knapplc, several days/weeks ago that you were done with this board?

No, sir. I did not post such a thing. Not sure what you're even referring to.

I will mention Khiry Cooper and Gilleylen. I expected them to improve in 2010, instead they were outshined by Enunwa, Marlowe, Henry, and Broekemeier. I know Gilleylen has been having problems with his ball handling, but I didn't hear anything as to why Cooper didn't see the field much. If Gilleylen hasn't improved on his ball skills, it will be a disappointing end to his career at NU.

How did Enunwa "outshine" anyone? All I remember from him last season are two dropped passes.

Regarding this whole discussion, I'll go ahead and throw my hat in with the "I'll be optimistic about all of this speed when the OL finally decides to block for them" crowd. I don't care how fast you can run into a damn wall.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am PUMPED to see Gilleylen again. The guy showed when he got in games that he could be a deep threat. Last year there were people on here claiming it wasn't his hands keeping him off the field, it was his position coach. Now that his coach has changed, I look for him to see the field and am really excited to watch a B10 defender or two chase him down the sideline (assuming NU has a QB develop and able to consistently make the throw).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am PUMPED to see Gilleylen again. The guy showed when he got in games that he could be a deep threat. Last year there were people on here claiming it wasn't his hands keeping him off the field, it was his position coach. Now that his coach has changed, I look for him to see the field and am really excited to watch a B10 defender or two chase him down the sideline (assuming NU has a QB develop and able to consistently make the throw).

What really sucks is that he's a senior. If he was capable of playing and stretching the field last year and it really was his position coach keeping him off the field, that sucks. One year left. Here's hoping he can shine.

No, sir. I did not post such a thing. Not sure what you're even referring to.

I think he is thinking of akita.

I say fare well to this board