Who the Coaches are recruiting

Cotton is responsible for the largest position group, its a HUGE responsibility. He also just helped put together one of the best Oline classes, on paper, ever.

Break down our 2011 OL class. We had one legacy recruit that only needed an offer to pull the trigger, two in-state kids which were about the exact same, one from Illinios, and one from Texas. Beck and Sanders had a big part in the last two.

More Beck than anyone else, but you are right EZ Barney just has to keep in-state kids in-state. He has done a good job, but when most nebraska kids grow up dreaming about playing there in the first place it doesnt take much to recruit them.

i don't think anyone is proclaiming barney a recruiting superstar, but the guy clearly puts in as much work as anyone and seems to be doing a good job of landing and keeping commits.

we can say moore, sterup and reeves were gimme's all we want, but that doesn't change the fact that they still had to be sold on joining and sticking with us over the interest they received from some of the top schools in the nation. handling the in-state recruits and co-recruiting all linemen is not a light work load, no matter how big of an advantage we have with the kids.

I was surprised to see we are only recruiting one WR. Are we that set with who we have, or are we still not getting much interest from some of the top WR out there. Seems most people on this board including myself, think this is a weak part of the team.

GBR!!!

we are bringing in two this fall and brought in three more the year before that. given the relatively small class we're looking at signing and the rumblings that SJB and bell can play, i don't think we need to sign more than one or maybe two WRs for 2012. that said, i would guess that we're offering more than one WR. keep in mind that recruiting services are not omnipotent when it comes to which recruits we are pursuing.

obviously we all want to sign 5 star WR's, but given our location, historical reputation and recent struggles in the passing game, it's not too surprising that we have difficulty doing so.

I was surprised to see we are only recruiting one WR. Are we that set with who we have, or are we still not getting much interest from some of the top WR out there. Seems most people on this board including myself, think this is a weak part of the team.

GBR!!!

we are bringing in two this fall and brought in three more the year before that. given the relatively small class we're looking at signing and the rumblings that SJB and bell can play, i don't think we need to sign more than one or maybe two WRs for 2012. that said, i would guess that we're offering more than one WR. keep in mind that recruiting services are not omnipotent when it comes to which recruits we are pursuing.

obviously we all want to sign 5 star WR's, but given our location, historical reputation and recent struggles in the passing game, it's not too surprising that we have difficulty doing so.

Your right on us having a small class this year, so yeah that would have something to do with it, but isn't next years class

supposed to be even smaller or about the same size? If the wr's we have this year, don't pan out it may take awhile to build up that position any time soon. Lets hope these kids step up.

GBR!!!