Huskerboard Shirts

Hey everyone,

Ok, I have no problem putting together and order and could probably get a decent deal on shirts depending on how many people wanted one (I still know a couple of the organizations that make greek social/formal/date night shirts in Athens). I need to know a few things for sure though:

1. What is the price point that we're going for i.e. how much is everyone willing to pay plus shipping? (poll vote?)

2. What kind of design are we going for/what base color do you want the shirts to be? (poll vote?)

3. What do we want the slogan to officially be/the color of the lettering? (poll vote?)

4. For the creators of the board, would I need to worry about any licensing fee or would y'all be cool with me using the name of the board in the production of the shirts?

I think that this could be pretty cool and easy to do. Suggestions relating to these questions (not necessarilly the exact specifications) are welcome.

• Fire 1

I have good ties with the athletic department here in Wayne, and might be able to get the shirts for less than $3 a piece.

Wow. We never got ours that cheap. I defer then to you sir if you feel as though you can make it happen. Message has been sent to ETR about licensing issues. I feel as though if we go through with this, we should have voting for the designs/text like the contests that are run by HB. Hopefully we could conjure up enough interest for a large group order.

UGAHusker, as knapplc stated, be sure and check with Eric first - I'm thinking he won't have any problem with it (particularly if you can provide a few to attractive young ladies in two sizes too small for tailgates), but given that HuskerBoard has some commercial tie-ins with other businesses, I'd hate to see you expend any time or money and then learn that something would prevent it.

Sorry guys. Looks like the licensing issue is a little bit bigger than just Huskerboard.com. I can give a better account from my earlier "conversation" and feel free to PM me if you want to know more. Just to clarify though, nobody said "no" just to be a jerk; A LOT more would go into this than most people would think. If you want to blame anyone, blame capitalism or locusts or something.

wondering if some of these hurdles couldnt be cleared by the main 'sponsor' making and selling the shirts?

or even what if they have to be generic in a sense...i mean, i probably own more 'custom' tshirts from omaha area husker shops that have random, but easily recognizable husker motifs, on them than anything else. the only people buying these shirts are gonna be us idiots on here. we could make a red shirt with a big bag a douche on it and it will still be as recognizable to people (read- us) as something with the actual name on it.

theres an idea right there. "official douchebag of hu$ker board dot communism." i dare someone to come after that.

• 7 months later...