Oklahoma State -- $17,308,088.00

University of Colorado -- $13,675,426.00

University of Missouri -- $11,618,417.00

Texas Tech -- $11,512,627.00

Iowa State -- $6,606,483.00

Kansas State -- $6,412,835.00

Baylor University -- $1,893,081.00

University of Kansas -- $1,614,926.00

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/26843/take-a-look-inside-the-big-12s-finances

Revenue and expenses are also listed in the link. No surprise who leads the confrence and the nation.

You would think Kansas would be cutting back on expenses? Now that they aren't feeding Mangino anymore.4010315334_0522cf663f.jpg

Their fast food expense account went over budget 4 years in a row. Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and KFC have made a killing off of KU.

Crazy to think a football program that struggled to fill their stadium at times could profit so much.

From what I gathered trolling shaggybevo from time to time last season, the school has implemented every scheme imaginable to squeeze money out of fans.

As p*ssed as I get sometimes that the Athletic Department doesn't put more effort into basketball, this shows why they do what they do. It does not pay to be a basketball school, just ask KU... ouch.

But, by that logic, it pays significant dividends to be both a basketball and football school (a la Texas).

:corndance

As p*ssed as I get sometimes that the Athletic Department doesn't put more effort into basketball, this shows why they do what they do. It does not pay to be a basketball school, just ask KU... ouch.

And MU they think there a elite program in some sport.

No, but they have the potential to be. One main state school, population of MO--even Dr. Tom realized that Missouri couldn't get a foothold, or they could, over time, wear Nebraska down and eventually overtake the success of our program.

I don't honestly remember which one of his books it was in, but Dr. Tom said as much. That's why getting into the Big 10 at the expense of Missouri was significant--if anything, it reset much of the fiscal and athletic progress Missouri made while Nebraska waded around in the Pedersen/Callahan Kiddie Pool.