Spring game...whos going?

I'm going to once again take part in the annual tradition of NOT GOING for about 13 years now.(last spring game 1998) I think it's pointless to attend a scrimmage and find it frustrating and non entertaining to watch. I want to see a football GAME. Not a bunch of guys lolly gagging around playing against each other in a fake, mock up football game. A scrimmage is like taking the unattractive girl to homecoming, drinking non alchoholic beer, or riding the merry go round because the roller coaster is closed down.

but please.. Go have fun at the scrimmage.. Tell me how the green jerseys are, how many times they replay the down because they didn't like the outcome, and how vanilla the offensive play calls are and how little you still know about Tim Becks new offense because its the BEFACKING SPRING GAME...

I'd watch 1000 real games against Chattanooga before going to another spring game.

Oh well. To each their own. Have fun.

WOW....really?

I could careless if its a scrimmage, its football and thats all that matters to me. Sure it may get boring at times but its football and it happens to be my belove Huskers that I enjoy to watch and cheer for. I'll eat a Valentinos Pizza for you.

Its not a real game but how often do you get to party with 80,000 of your closest friends? Stay home I'll drink your share of the beer.

T_O_B

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

I'm going to once again take part in the annual tradition of NOT GOING for about 13 years now.(last spring game 1998) I think it's pointless to attend a scrimmage and find it frustrating and non entertaining to watch. I want to see a football GAME. Not a bunch of guys lolly gagging around playing against each other in a fake, mock up football game. A scrimmage is like taking the unattractive girl to homecoming, drinking non alchoholic beer, or riding the merry go round because the roller coaster is closed down.

but please.. Go have fun at the scrimmage.. Tell me how the green jerseys are, how many times they replay the down because they didn't like the outcome, and how vanilla the offensive play calls are and how little you still know about Tim Becks new offense because its the BEFACKING SPRING GAME...

I'd watch 1000 real games against Chattanooga before going to another spring game.

Oh well. To each their own. Have fun.

You must not have kids. I don't have kids yet, but as soon as they start coming, I'll be going to Spring games again. Some of my greatest memories as a young kid were basketball games and Red White games. It's easy enough to take a kid to a bball game, but my parents sure as hell weren't going to pay an arm and a leg to take me and my brother to a real game, but going to the spring game for free? You bet! We were young enough we didn't know the difference and felt like we were at a real game. Great experience for the youngsters.

T_O_B and C-Bear will be there.

This is my ride,

post-4393-034659000 1302388270.jpg

it has a Blackshirt plate on the front and a Viet Nam Vet plate holder on the back. I'll put up a Huskerboard sign, if you see us stop and say hello.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

We will either be some where east of the stadium or across the street from Gold's Gym.

T_O_B

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

I want to attend this year and would love to take my son (5) and daughter (9) to the game as well. I understand that kids get in free. When I buy tickets online for my wife and I how do I account for my kids? Do I need to buy 4 tickets and look for a kids option?

I want to attend this year and would love to take my son (5) and daughter (9) to the game as well. I understand that kids get in free. When I buy tickets online for my wife and I how do I account for my kids? Do I need to buy 4 tickets and look for a kids option?

When I bought my 4 tickets I called the ticket office in Lincoln. I told the lady that the couple I was attending the game with were going to bring their 15 month old and how would that work for ticket wise. She told me that when they send me the 4 tickets in the mail that they'll send an extra ticket for the child that should say kid ticket or have a $0.00 charge for admission on the ticket can't remember though but the ticket will be free.

For those that are going for the first time, you might want to know that the second half will probably have a running clock. Keep that in mind if you plan on leaving at half time to get a drink and come back. The second half will just fly by.

So when are people getting there? We plan to leave Omaha at 9am. Anyone hitting up any bars first?

Sean Callahan tweeted mid last week that 55,000 tickets have been sold thus far. I anticipate 65,000 to 70,000 show up as many people in omaha and lincoln will make a day of decision based on weather and what they have going on.

Yeah, it will end up over 60K for sure. If the weather holds, which it might not, but if it does and if it looks like it will be 60 and sunny, then it will be great. Girls will be dressed hot and guys will be looking!

I'll be there. I was going to sit in east but my girlfriend is bringing her father to the game and they picked up tickets in the south part, so that's where I'll be sitting.

I don't know if I'll be tailgating anywhere before, but more than likely not. I'll probably hit up a few bars after the game though. If you see a 6 foot guy with brown hair, a thin frame and a red Husker shirt on, that's me! Say hello! :LOLtartar

Upside down longhorn house is always open for tailgating business.

I am gonna bump this. It looks like the weather might be better now, about 60 degrees and windy.

Do any of you set up your own talegate? If so, where and what kinds of things do you bring and what kind of prep do you do for it? Or do your friends or family do it and if so, what do they do to get a good one?

I have never set up my own, I just hit the bars then champions club if I have passes. So I am curious.