DE Jonathan Bullard [Florida Commit]

Nexus

Why did he cool on us much. Was it the poor play or was he just not that interested in us as I thought he was,

I wouldn't say he cooled on us just that it'll be damn near impossible to pull him out of the southeast. IMO, he was a pipe dream in the first place. Never know though.

Yeah very difficult to get top talent out of the south to come to the Midwest. As for Jon, we'll have to see. I do feel the longer he waits on a decision the better it could be for us. At first it was supposed to be in October then was pushed to December.

A visit did wonders, just not nearly enough, looking for him to put on a hat from a South Carolina school when all is said and done.

If and only if he wasn't in the hornet's nets known as the SEC, he'd probably be ours.

Agreed, the worst part about recruiting against SEC schools is that we all know there is some fishy stuff that goes on.

There was a rumor that Jon committed to Clemson, but he denies those rumors. As SkerChi said he did enjoy his trip and will be taking other visits.

http://clemson.infus...lent-commitment

Wow. I was just coming to post this...beat me to it. The writer (on the forums, still free, just only open to Clemson fans) said that his gut is Clemson

Well for our sake I hope these really are just rumors and we're still in the hunt. Our is in serious need of a stud DE, haven't had one in many years.

I thought Bullard was a DT? And I hope that McMullen is a stud DE for us.

Nope DE all the way, Jon said he has no desire to play DT at all and he won't if he comes to NU. He probably will get bigger but this is welcome considering the types of downhill offenses we face on a weekly basis. I too hope Greg is a stud at DE as well. Compared to the other teams in contention for Jon, we are severely thin at talent at DE, imo.

Good call. After looking at his Rivals profile I see that is the case. I blame the OP for misleading me with the thread title. :D

(Which probably shows that I seldom have recruiting insight outside of HB)

I know right?!?! What was he thinking? Disrespectin' Jon like that!

I've always heard bad things about that Nexus character anyways.

:P

A guy just can't make a simple mistake without people making a stink about it, huh?

Imagine him and Clowney tearin it up together at South Carolina...

They'd have a quality D line for sure. He'd definitely would have a clearer path to playing time there vs Clemson, imo. But the neither these schools what a shortage of athletes like him.

Not so sure about that. DL is a huge need for Clemson this year.

BTW, Bullard will be in Death Valley tomorrow :)

They'd have a quality D line for sure. He'd definitely would have a clearer path to playing time there vs Clemson, imo. But the neither these schools what a shortage of athletes like him.

You're probably right. Didn't mean to downplay your team's needs, I just know we need a stud @ DE and haven't had one in a looooong time.

I was aware that Jon will be at Clemson tomorrow.

You're probably right. Didn't mean to downplay your team's needs, I just know we need a stud @ DE and haven't had one in a looooong time.

Gotcha, I didn't know that because he just cancelled his visit to SCar for the Florida-SCar game. Also, I thought you were saying he'd play at SCar over Clemson because of talent.

Gotcha, I didn't know that because he just cancelled his visit to SCar for the Florida-SCar game. Also, I thought you were saying he'd play at SCar over Clemson because of talent.

You have any idea why he made the last minute switch?

Its cool, sorry for my mis-communication

Not sure, but I think it's good for us (Clemson). I'm very happy with it, because I want him at either Clemson or Nebraska...no SCar.

Not sure, but I think it's good for us (Clemson). I'm very happy with it, because I want him at either Clemson or Nebraska...no SCar.

Yeah, I feel the same vice versa.