BTN Offered to Televise the Spring Game

You really think you know whats good for NU football better than TO?

TO isn't perfect, and neither is Bo. Every excuse they've used is simply wrong. They need to get the Nebraska brand out there, and in as many homes as possible. It's Marketing 101.

Another person who thinks they know better than the architect of NU football.

What a bunch of nutty bars. Trust TO, I mean you have no choice other than mumbling into your cereal ERRRRRRR posting on this board and looking a fool.

Its like hey, who has all the information? Not you.

Hey, who is getting paid to make NU win? Not you.

Who has had legendary success? Not you.

Who's in the hall of fame? Not you.

Who's statue is in front of the stadium? Not yours.

Get over it, and get ready to rain dance all over the big ten's soggy parade this year. It's gonna happen, in spite of all the weak-sauce on this board.

That seems to have picked up quite a bit recently.

React.

This is a really old school approach and I have to think it hurts us.

A better atmosphere for the kids? Maybe. I don't know how important 50,000 people compared to 15,000 people would be. Sure there's a big difference in atmosphere and that's a plus. But while it's nice to be one of the better-attended Spring Games out there, it's just that - nice.

Far nicer? Greater range of exposure. Having it as a television event allows so many more recruits and HS coaches and families to see it. It'd be one big national publicity party. And there are ways to boost attendance in spite of that - starting with lowering or eliminating the cost of tickets, or making it free for students (I'm not sure how it currently works, so forgive me if I'm mistaken here).

Anyway, I think the current method is archaic and it's bound to be done away with sooner or later.

If I were a recruit who was contemplating a trip up to Nebraska for the spring game, why in the hell would I bother when I could watch it on Television and take an official in the fall? Also, making sure people travel from all over Nebraska to the game ensures a better environment for those recruits who do attend. Getting people to come visit Nebraska is hard enough when they don't have the option to stay at home and watch it on the T.V. Can't they just allow the recruits who don't attend to view the video of the game on their site afterwards anyways?

For those unknowing above. Coach Osborne recommended Mr Pederson for the job of AD. Most likely the worst thing that ever happened to the University of Nebraska football program. He also hired him as his recruiting director. Silly me thinking that he could make a mistake or be wrong about something.

yeah i'll take the odds of TO being right over you being right, or any body else on this board. Basically my bet is: you (being the whiners bitching about TO and BO's decisions re: NU football) don't know jack, and TO + BO does. I have a very strong level of trust with those two running things, and only time will tell, but so far DAMN i'm right.

ERRR oh no he's human!!! but still knows more about football and what it takes to win and build a top quality program than you, him, them, or her.

Why even do that? The Big Ten Network (one of the selling points the university was trumpeting about the move from the Big 12) offered to broadcast it. That means the University gets paid. We already are filming the game, and selling a flippin' DVD.

Not meant to be about the money. Maybe have it on BTN but black it out in Lincoln then. I'd just really prefer people being in the stands, and if it was televised I can see attendance being way down. (Look at Texas's game, lol)

Get over it, and get ready to rain dance all over the big ten's soggy parade this year. It's gonna happen, in spite of all the weak-sauce on this board.

That seems to have picked up quite a bit recently.

React.

Yeah, where are these nay-sayers ip's origin? texas? Iowa? Missouri? Get after it, mods. Weed out the pretend husker fans.

Into the garden a serpent crept?

yeah i'll take the odds of TO being right over you being right, or any body else on this board. Basically my bet is: you (being the whiners bitching about TO and BO's decisions re: NU football) don't know jack, and TO + BO does. I have a very strong level of trust with those two running things, and only time will tell, but so far DAMN i'm right.

ERRR oh no he's human!!! but still knows more about football and what it takes to win and build a top quality program than you, him, them, or her.

So..... you're saying we can't discuss anything TO does? We can't have an opinion, and voice it? Bo knows more than anyone here, too - do we not get to question him? Watson knows more about football than this whole board put together and then some, should we not have questioned or discussed him?

I really don't get your point here. You seem to be having difficulty with the concept of a Message Board.

So..... you're saying we can't discuss anything TO does? We can't have an opinion, and voice it?

Yeah, thats exactly what i'm saying.

Good catch!!!

Summary for the challenged: Proof's in the pudding. Pudding = good. Quit crying and enjoy the pudding.

Or not, lets all turn into replicas of Mitch Sherman, complaining about having a dirty rock instead of seeing the unpolished gem that it really is.

Coach Osborne is a great man that I personally know and respect. He makes mistakes, is this one I have no idea, but it has nothing to do with winning or losing, recruiting or secrets. It is money. It brings lots of bucks to the city of Lincoln and keeps money coming to the stadium workers, the vendors, the parking garages, hotels and restraunts.

I just think it could be tied to some other form from the TV presentation. Having it on TV would allow the fans in other states to see it and normally bring new fans to the table. I have had friends over that were not Nebraska football fans prior, become fans after watching a game or going to a Bowl game. Use the opportunity to broaden the horizons.

But every person on here has the right to voice their oppinions. Even you, some of us try to look at it as it is not as we think or want it to be.

Many on here have very deep ties to the University. Questioning them for their thoughts and disappointments is bnot fair. All of us would love to see the game, to be part of it. A large number, most likely larger than the attendance will be have had that opportunity taken away.

The fan base is far larger than the stadium. It is sad those fans are not taken into account.

• Fire 2

So..... you're saying we can't discuss anything TO does? We can't have an opinion, and voice it?

Yeah, thats exactly what i'm saying.

Good catch!!!

Summary for the challenged: Proof's in the pudding. Pudding = good. Quit crying and enjoy the pudding.

Or not, lets all turn into replicas of Mitch Sherman, complaining about having a dirty rock instead of seeing the unpolished gem that it really is.

You would think you'd at least try to change your posting style to throw off the scent. But whatever. Thanks for playing.

A large percentage of people that go to this game are people that can't afford and/or aren't able to get to a regular season game for whatever reason. Those people would all still go. Another fairly good sized percentage are the die-hards. Those people would DVR the game, and still go.

The $10 isn't drastic, so the only people I can see not going are the casual (but lazy and marginally broke) Joe Schmoe that feels $10 is too much to see a game when he can sit at home and watch. They arne't going for the "event" or because they are "fans" - they are going just because they are bored that day and curious. That's a very small percentage. Also maybe people from that 75-200 mile range, where the travel time/expense might be enough they wouldn't go now that they have an alternative. Again, very small percentage. Everyone outside of 200 probably isn't going anyways.

The lost numbers would probably be balanced out by more of those casual fans being aware of the game that wouldn't normally be. It would be advertised on B10N and other places more. They might watch it a year or two on TV and having finally been exposed to it start going since it's so cheap. It would probably all balance out.

I'm sure Bo/TO have their reasons for not wanting it televised. It's just the reasons he gave are BS and we're calling them BS. I doubt (Belichick) Bo want's it seen. Why? If you think he yells during a game wait until you see him during a practice, that's why. :P