BTN Offered to Televise the Spring Game

I forgot to mention in my last post, I think the 'don't want to put our schemes on tape' is really weak as an excuse. And is it true that the game is put on DVD and sold? Because that would make it a really weak excuse. (See, the boldness indicates one order of magnitude)

I think Hercules already said it. The real reason the spring game isnt on Tv is because Bo doesnt want it to turn into a "circus." I remember him saying that last year about the spring game. To me, the spring game is an open scrimmage, it has nothing to do with showing the our future opponents any scheme or secerts. The offense and defense are gonna be very vanilla, infact I dont even think the defense even blitzes. Special teams all punts will be fair caught. Kickoffs will run back till the guy gets touched. So if your going to the spring game hoping to dissect what our offense/defense is gonna do, your not gonna find much.

Yes, it sucks for you out of staters, but really your not gonna see anything to make you go, "oh wow."

Being out of state, we do not get the information that most of you do. Being cut off from the daily movement of the program. This would have been an opportunity to be more abreat of what is going on, what new kids look like on the field. I think that is the reason it hits me the hardest. We need our fixes of Nebraska football just like you guys that are lucky enough to get to go to the game.

Either way it is not the end of the world. They have made their choice, we just have to deal with it.

Yes, it sucks for you out of staters, but really your not gonna see anything to make you go, "oh wow."

To me, this is not about that but more about denying the University a great opportunity for large-scale exposure of the program. That doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm also not sure Bo has a great record with regards to things he doesn't want to turn into circuses.

Guys, I know we've all been jonesing for college football, but it's only the spring game...

It's not like they're not televising the Ohio St game...

Exactly!!!!! Some dont want to be seperated from the daily movement of the program. Well with the power of the internet and youtube, you are not. Just because I live in state doesnt mean Im more in the daily movement of the program than some guy that lives out of state. We see the same articles and practice reports.

yeah i'll take the odds of TO being right over you being right, or any body else on this board. Basically my bet is: you (being the whiners bitching about TO and BO's decisions re: NU football) don't know jack, and TO + BO does. I have a very strong level of trust with those two running things, and only time will tell, but so far DAMN i'm right.

ERRR oh no he's human!!! but still knows more about football and what it takes to win and build a top quality program than you, him, them, or her.

So..... you're saying we can't discuss anything TO does? We can't have an opinion, and voice it? Bo knows more than anyone here, too - do we not get to question him? Watson knows more about football than this whole board put together and then some, should we not have questioned or discussed him?

Whoa, whoa, whoa now! :sarcasm Of course you are right but it still pains me to admit this about Watson! LOL

To me, this is not about that but more about denying the University a great opportunity for large-scale exposure of the program. That doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm also not sure Bo has a great record with regards to things he doesn't want to turn into circuses.

Bingo. And I guess all of us out-of-staters who can't go are disappointed because, well, what would be the harm in airing it on the BTN?

yeah i'll take the odds of TO being right over you being right, or any body else on this board. Basically my bet is: you (being the whiners bitching about TO and BO's decisions re: NU football) don't know jack, and TO + BO does. I have a very strong level of trust with those two running things, and only time will tell, but so far DAMN i'm right.

ERRR oh no he's human!!! but still knows more about football and what it takes to win and build a top quality program than you, him, them, or her.

So..... you're saying we can't discuss anything TO does? We can't have an opinion, and voice it? Bo knows more than anyone here, too - do we not get to question him? Watson knows more about football than this whole board put together and then some, should we not have questioned or discussed him?

Whoa, whoa, whoa now! :sarcasm Of course you are right but it still pains me to admit this about Watson! LOL

Shawn Watson has knapplc under a magic spell.

Shawn Watson has knapplc under a magic spell.

Zoogies must have hacked into knapplc's account. :LOLtartar

Bingo. And I guess all of us out-of-staters who can't go are disappointed because, well, what would be the harm in airing it on the BTN?

What good would it do. Everybody complains about TV announcers anyway. Just get online and listen to our radio guys call it.

What good would it do? Great exposure for the program for CFB fans and recruits and their coaches around the country!

The ones who will be watching other spring games instead of ours.

Really???? How many people actual watch a spring game from start to finish. If you werent a Nebraska fan, would you watch it. If your teams spring game isnt on Tv do you watch the others???? I got better things to do in April than watch somebody elses open scrimmage. I imagine recruits and their coaches do too.