BTN Offered to Televise the Spring Game

I can not believe that you guys care about this so much. Who freaking cares, having it on TV does nothing for recruiting, you know how to recruit, win in the regular season. All of your arguments for it on TV or dumb, if you want to see go, if you can't who cares.

• Fire 1

I can not believe that you guys care about this so much. Who freaking cares, having it on TV does nothing for recruiting, you know how to recruit, win in the regular season. All of your arguments for it on TV or dumb, if you want to see go, if you can't who cares.

Thank you for your wonderfully thought out additions to this thread.

1. I don't think putting the spring game on TV would help recruiting. The spring game is incredibly boring unless you're a die-hard fan of the program.

2. I don't think that the decision not to televise the spring game really has anything to do with secrecy. I was able to download video of the spring game last year for free on the internet - if Ohio State wants to see our spring game tape that badly, they're probably going to find a way to get it.

The reason the spring game isn't on television is because Bo doesn't want it on television. I don't know why exactly, maybe he just thinks it's ridiculous to televise a practice, and maybe he thinks that Nebraska fans are already a little too emotionally invested in our program, so he's going to do what he can to keep a sense of normalcy around the program, even if it means denying fans their Husker football fix for a few more months.

Whatever the reason, it's clear at this point that Bo doesn't want it on television, and as long as he's around, it's not going to be on television.

Get rid of Bo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I needs my fix and might have to change my Vegas vacation plans to see it, now.

(You eff'ers that like other sports or other teams have no idea how important it is to people like me who have no life..to See Huskers at all times whenever possible!!!)

And for those of you who really need it: :sarcasm

(OR NOT!!!)

As to knowing what is good for Nebraska better than Coach Osborne, you might want to remember who brought us Pederson, both times.

Still it is about money, if it wasn't, the game would be free. Like most major programs. The national exposure would far out weigh the limited number that did not show up. If I lived with in 300 miles I would be there. If we have as good of fan base as we claim there would be very few no shows. Tie attendance into future ticket availabily. Credit for attending. Make attending beneficial to the individual and the program.

My guess is there are far more Nebraska fans living too far away to attend than there are in the state. Having a full stadium and the largest TV crowd would be a marketing tool it would seem.

But as stated obviously Coach Osborne knows better. See Steve Pederson.

You really think you know whats good for NU football better than TO?

TO isn't perfect, and neither is Bo. Every excuse they've used is simply wrong. They need to get the Nebraska brand out there, and in as many homes as possible. It's Marketing 101.

Another person who thinks they know better than the architect of NU football.

What a bunch of nutty bars. Trust TO, I mean you have no choice other than mumbling into your cereal ERRRRRRR posting on this board and looking a fool.

Its like hey, who has all the information? Not you.

Hey, who is getting paid to make NU win? Not you.

Who has had legendary success? Not you.

Who's in the hall of fame? Not you.

Who's statue is in front of the stadium? Not yours.

Get over it, and get ready to rain dance all over the big ten's soggy parade this year. It's gonna happen, in spite of all the weak-sauce on this board.

• Fire 2

Uh... there are those of us who live in places like Oregon who can't go to the game and who would like to see it.

For those unknowing above. Coach Osborne recommended Mr Pederson for the job of AD. Most likely the worst thing that ever happened to the University of Nebraska football program. He also hired him as his recruiting director. Silly me thinking that he could make a mistake or be wrong about something.

The spring game should not be televised. Far fewer people would show up. Without TV coverage, more people in the stands, better atmosphere for the kids. Just come out and show your support while you can before the dull summer months, I'll be there...

The spring game should not be televised. Far fewer people would show up. Without TV coverage, more people in the stands, better atmosphere for the kids. Just come out and show your support while you can before the dull summer months, I'll be there...

We would, if it wasn't 1500 miles away. There's as many Nebraska fans out of state than there are in state. Throw us a bone. The attendance excuse is BS too. We're averaging double what we were 15 years ago, when we were winning MNC's.

We're averaging double what we were 15 years ago, when we were winning MNC's.

Back then I used to walk up to the stadium a few minutes before the game, walk up to the west stadium bleachers and sit just about anywhere I wanted. The way things are going we'll have to expand the stadium if we win another MNC in a few years, just to accommodate the Spring Game.

For those unknowing above. Coach Osborne recommended Mr Pederson for the job of AD. Most likely the worst thing that ever happened to the University of Nebraska football program. He also hired him as his recruiting director. Silly me thinking that he could make a mistake or be wrong about something.

Ok, but recommending Pederson wasn't Osborne's plan A. Plan A was to retire from coaching, and immediately become the athletic director, as Devaney did before him, but a certain Bill Byrne didn't allow that to happen. Osborne decided he didn't want to just sit around and wait, so he ran for Congress, and was stuck there when the AD position opened up.

Just sayin', there was a much better plan in place than hiring Pederson. Too bad it didn't happen.

I think that NU gets so many more people because its an event now. People have decided to turn it into the 8th home game, its a chance to chat, meet girls, have fun, drink, hang with family.

I sometimes dont even go to the game but just go to party. The game, especially the 2nd half, is usually pretty boring.

We would, if it wasn't 1500 miles away. There's as many Nebraska fans out of state than there are in state. Throw us a bone. The attendance excuse is BS too. We're averaging double what we were 15 years ago, when we were winning MNC's.

Pay-Per-View then? (a cheap, like $10 one?) with a Lincoln b*******... I wonder how many people would complain about that

Pay-Per-View then? (a cheap, like $10 one?) with a Lincoln b*******... I wonder how many people would complain about that

Why even do that? The Big Ten Network (one of the selling points the university was trumpeting about the move from the Big 12) offered to broadcast it. That means the University gets paid. We already are filming the game, and selling a flippin' DVD.