Speedy Kenny Bell making an impression at receiver

With that said, KENNY Bell is garnering more attention than I remember ANTONIO Bell getting.

I would agree with this. Antonio got some pub, but Kenny's name is coming up in every statement, from coaches and players, not just from recruitniks and other press people.

I agree seeing the name keep coming up makes me optimistic, he must at least practice well.

I hate to be the debbie downer here, but we hear stories like this every single year (especially from the LJS). I want to believe and I have hope we will see the talent of guys like Bell being used to their full potential by the new staff. But in the end, I am still thinking to myself, "show me."

I hate to be the debbie downer here, but we hear stories like this every single year (especially from the LJS). I want to believe and I have hope we will see the talent of guys like Bell being used to their full potential by the new staff. But in the end, I am still thinking to myself, "show me."

You "debbie downers" seem to forget that our former OC seemed to neutralize the talent pool we had. Like previously stated earlier, TG only played receivers that could block down field. Part of the reason McNeill switched to WR last season.

You'll see that we will be fine, and talent pool will be maximized.

• Fire 1

You "debbie downers" seem to forget that our former OC seemed to neutralize the talent pool we had. Like previously stated earlier, TG only played receivers that could block down field. Part of the reason McNeill switched to WR last season.

The new staff is why I am hopeful, but it just kinda stinks to see talent get wasted the last couple of years (Chris Brooks for example). So I am cautiously optimistic...I just want to see what Beck and the new guys do with talented guys like Bell.

It seems like every spring we hear glowing reports about some relatively unknown player who is going to blow up. Most of the time they don't pan out.

I hope Bell isn't that guy this year.

I believe he won the award for the MVP of the scout team. So he did back it up there. He was my favorite signee from his class based on his video from high school. Looking for big things from him for 3 to 4 years.

I remember reading a quote from his HS coach and he said he is the fastest player to ever play at his high school or that he has coached. Doesn't mean much but he must be pretty fast for that label or words of praise.

100% on the money, Streeter.

Good point but also remember if we arent playing some of those big bodied wrs who can't block down field, we definitely won't be getting those 50 and 60 yard runs we grew so accustom to last year.

Good point but also remember if we arent playing some of those big bodied wrs who can't block down field, we definitely won't be getting those 50 and 60 yard runs we grew so accustom to last year.

Oh, I don't anyone is thinking wrs blocking isn't "very", very important. It certainly is. TO's wrs were great blockers too.

However, catching the ball is too.

Kenny Bell has 'it'. Have heard a TON of encouraging news about him. Just needs to get bigger and stronger so when a CB bumps him it doesn't give him as many problems.

Would also like to see KC Hyland get a chance this year. He is one of the WRs I wanted to mention who deserved some PT last year. Great hands, and can make alot of tough catches.

Amen. Never has a coach's negative impact on a team been more underestimated than Watson and Gilmore's negative impact on our offense. People will be shocked next year at what we can accomplish just by eliminating those two.