Why don't we use this logo anymore

I agree with you. The old logo was more intimidating, for lack of a better word. The new logo looks computer generated. I had this old Husker pullover jacket that I bought in Fremont back in the mid 90's. I think it was made by Logo Athletic. Anybody remember that brand? It was pretty much all black, except for the back which had a big N with the word Huskers written in black. I can't tell you all the compliments I got when I wore it. You could see it a mile away.

yeah, nothing is more intimidating than your logo written in swirly cursive like grandma used to write...

excuse me? You got a problem with what I said?

What, are people not allowed to disagree with you?

I agree with you. The old logo was more intimidating, for lack of a better word. The new logo looks computer generated. I had this old Husker pullover jacket that I bought in Fremont back in the mid 90's. I think it was made by Logo Athletic. Anybody remember that brand? It was pretty much all black, except for the back which had a big N with the word Huskers written in black. I can't tell you all the compliments I got when I wore it. You could see it a mile away.

yeah, nothing is more intimidating than your logo written in swirly cursive like grandma used to write...

excuse me? You got a problem with what I said?

not at all - you just lacked a better word.

I think we should turn this thread into a poll if we still can, maybe add some other logos to it as well and see where we stand.

I like the regular block N better, it's kind of like the N on the helmet, it just looks cleaner, it is simple, and it can appear better on University documents than with the "Huskers" script.

I'll take Granny's cursive "Huskers" please. Much more *stylish*. And apparently some people find it intimidating as well.

Never heard it referred to as granny cursive before. I guess I have a granny cursive tattoo on my arm :P

Ha ha! Reference to the jousting over the word cursive up in this thread. It would be my first choice for Husker ink, too.

What was wrong with this?

HerbieHusker1974.gif

I have definitely seen this used as a logo when looking as past Husker stuff.

This. If we are gonna push for old school, then I want blonde Herbie back. Screw the Pedey Herbie. And I have a number for a guy that can make Lil Red go away as well. No questions asked he says.