Fill in the Blank

Creed

Okay, I need to pass some time. Fill in the blank on the new match-ups or possible rivalries.

Nebraska vs Colorado = Nebraska vs. _________________

Nebraska vs Oklahoma = Nebraska vs. _________________

Nebraska vs Texas = Nebraska vs. _________________

and just for fun

Nebraska vs Iowa St. = Nebraska vs. _______________

Iowa will replace Colorado as the Traditional Friday after Thanksgiving Day "Border Rivalry" game but Iowa will be better.

Oklahoma is a tough one for me. Do you choose PSU where Nebraska will have annual battles with or OSU, a more relevant team now, with likely match-ups in the CCG.

Michigan will replace Texas. Does some bad blood from the 97 split championchip spill over into this annual match-up? If you look back at history, Michigan was a bad team until Bo Schembechler got there. They got their defining win against a supposedly unbeatable Ohio State team in 1969. That win jump started Michigan's resurgence. 2011, they have a new hard nosed coach and do they get their defining win against Nebraska this year in Ann Arbor? Does some clock shanannagins come into play?

Northwestern will replace Iowa State. Should Nebraska handle NW easily - Yes but NW can be opportunist and steal a win every now and again.

Feel free to add other games.

Okay, I need to pass some time. Fill in the blank on the new match-ups or possible rivalries.

and just for fun

Iowa will replace Colorado as the Traditional Friday after Thanksgiving Day "Border Rivalry" game but Iowa will be better.

Oklahoma is a tough one for me. Do you choose PSU where Nebraska will have annual battles with or OSU, a more relevant team now, with likely match-ups in the CCG.

Michigan will replace Texas. Does some bad blood from the 97 split championchip spill over into this annual match-up? If you look back at history, Michigan was a bad team until Bo Schembechler got there. They got their defining win against a supposedly unbeatable Ohio State team in 1969. That win jump started Michigan's resurgence. 2011, they have a new hard nosed coach and do they get their defining win against Nebraska this year in Ann Arbor? Does some clock shanannagins come into play?

Northwestern will replace Iowa State. Should Nebraska handle NW easily - Yes but NW can be opportunist and steal a win every now and again.

1. Iowa, based strictly from the "rivalry" standpoint.

2. Wisconsin, due to "mutual respect."

3. Penn State, because of what I hear about their obnoxious fan base.

4. Illinois or Minnesota: a team that will surprise Nebraska and win one or two match-ups every decade or so.

Iowa: They're both black and gold (yellow), and they're both going to get beat down every year (with the exception of one or two games)

Ohio State: Now this may be a stretch, but I honestly don't see Wisconsin respecting us as much as Ohio State will

Wisconsin: I could see this as getting to the point where both fan bases despise each other

*Note that Ohio State and Wisconsin are interchangeable*

Northwestern: They are a sneaky good team...and a lot of people continually overlook them or underestimate their abilities

Nebraska vs Colorado = Nebraska vs. Iowa(very reminiscent of of this series already, hopefully there is more respect...)

Nebraska vs Oklahoma = Nebraska vs. ???????? (We probably won't ever have another Oklahoma)

Nebraska vs Texas = Nebraska vs. Ohio State (This is the only team I could see us having consistent woes against, thus the reason I choose them. Also doesn't OSU THINK theu own the B1G? Kinda like Texas, but with less power haha)

Nebraska vs Missouri= Nebraska vs. Penn State (This will probably be a dirty series.)

Nebraska vs KSU = Nebraska vs. Mich. State

Not sure if there will be an ISU equivalent

Nebraska vs Colorado = Nebraska vs. Iowa (Border state with a less than stellar reputation)

Nebraska vs Oklahoma = Nebraska vs. PSU (Traditional powerhouse with a NU-PSU relation already established)

Nebraska vs Texas = Nebraska vs. OSU (Conference juggernaut that everyone loves to beat)

Nebraska vs Iowa St. = Nebraska vs. Minnesota (They are always there, but no one really notices them. Sometimes it bites you in the a$s)

Nebraska vs Missouri = Nebraska vs Michigan (Strong offensive team that's usually in the mix)

and just for fun

1. Iowa, based strictly from the "rivalry" standpoint.

3. Penn State, because of what I hear about their obnoxious fan base.

4. Illinois or Minnesota: a team that will surprise Nebraska and win one or two match-ups every decade or so.

Doubt this.

Texas = Ohio State Based on the fact that they excel in almost every sport

Oklahoma = Penn State Rich tradition

Colorado = Iowa Up and down team with the rivalry factor

Missouri = Michigan/Michigan State A real stretch here. Wouldn't have said this 5 years ago, but a quality team in our division.

Kansas St = Northwestern Struggled in the past, few really good years, now just a shade above mediocrity

Texas Tech (Mike Leach era) = Wisconsin Totally different styles of football, but always seem to produce good teams

Oklahoma State = Purdue More in offensive styles as opposed to football success

Kansas = Indiana A basketball school that usually struggles in football

Iowa State/Baylor = Illinois An occasional good season, but usually....no.

Nebraska vs Colorado is of course = Nebraska vs.Iowa

Nebraska vs Oklahoma will be the new Nebraska vs. Ohio State

Nebraska vs Texas = Will not exist because no team in the BIG 10 will have the success and sheer luck (Don't kid yourself, thats what it was) which Texas had against Nebraska. The bitter unsettled angry rivalry because of the nature of these fans and the juvenile spoiled brat attitude of the people of the city of Madison, I believe it will be Nebraska vs. Wisconsin.

Nebraska vs Iowa St. = Nebraska vs. Minnesota

• Fire 1

For fun, I decided to size up the Big Ten and their Big 12 equivalents (minus Nebraska) by winning percentage since the BCS era (1998-2010). In case you're wondering, Nebraska's winning percentage since '98 is .684.

Ohio State .798 ... Texas .796

Wisconsin .710 ... Oklahoma .783

Michigan .666 ... Texas Tech .646

Penn State .639 ... Kansas State .613

Iowa .575 ... Missouri .575

Michigan State .547 ... Texas A&M .565

Purdue .540 ... Oklahoma State .556

Minnesota .490 ... Colorado .484

Northwestern .468 ... Kansas .445

Illinois .409 ... Iowa State .426

Indiana .344 ... Baylor .291

and just for fun

Iowa will not be better. CU > iu forever, until iu wins a MNC. Missouri also > iowa, mizzou actually won 12 games in one season once.

Michigan is not texas. Texas has nfl talent up and down the roster, michigan does not, and has not. When is the last time michgan was in the national title discussion?

Ohio st. is clearly the oklahoma/texas replacement, wisconsin reminds me of okie st., they have a good run every now and then but can't put it together.

Northwestern is ksu.

Purdue and iowa seem like a even deal.

Michigan state could be missouri or colorado, and wisconsin the other.

Michigan probably is texas a&m, used to be good but haven't been for a while.

Somebody needs to step up, because there just aren't two consistently good football programs along the lines of texas and oklahoma (sans NU) in this scenario, maybe penn state could get into the discussion, but for now OSU is oklahoma and Nebraska is texas, or vice-versa, in the new big teN football conference.

IMO etc.

Doubt this.

If you're doubting the "mutual respect" I have to ask why? The Barry Alvarez connection will start this off with a healthy dose of mutual respect, I would think.

They won't be our Oklahoma, plain and simple. Also, I understand the Alvarez connection, but remember that Wisconsin fans are suppose to one of the worst fan bases in the B1G, I'm talking Missouri or CU bad. Throw on top that they have never won a national title and no where near as successful as a history of ours, I think those lines of respect will go away.

I personally have nothing against Wisconsin, but I think that can change quite fast after we play them a few times, especially because us Husker fans tend to evaluate the success of other programs based on our level of prestige.

• Fire 1