Favorite/Least Favorite Announcers

Roark

Dislike: women announcers.

Don't even get me started, guess I'll have to change that when I'm on College Game Day.

Dislike: Cocky men announcers... that think they know everything. oh and, sexist comments by anyone.

Dislike: People who sporadically come on message boards just to complain and people who use actual pictures of themselves as avatars

This is probably the worst post in the 5-7 years I've followed ANY message board. Dumb.

Favorite: Pam Ward (Soo sexy) Jim Lampley (cool, intense voice, knows what he's talking about) Roy Jones Jr. ("pound for pound, the baddest thing throwing down") Larry Merchant (sounds half-drunk most of the time) Harold Reynolds (hehe)

Least: Verne Lunquidst (fat) Craig James (douche) Darrell Waltrip (want to strangle him everytime I hear "boogity, boogity, boogity!!!") every single FOX announcer who ever announced a BCS or Cotton Bowl game over the last 5 years (sucked....just sucked beyond belief)

First you hassle our girl Marin and now you slander Verne? While it irks me that he is basically the voice of the SEC, the man could make a coin toss sound epic. He is the James Earl Jones of college sports announcers. That man is holy ground, my friend. I am with you 100% on Craig James.

Don't even get me started, guess I'll have to change that when I'm on College Game Day.

Dislike: Cocky men announcers... that think they know everything. oh and, sexist comments by anyone.

Dislike: People who sporadically come on message boards just to complain and people who use actual pictures of themselves as avatars

I don't think that was complaining, it was stating. And sorry to offend you by using a picture of myself.

Its ok HGM, we still like you! :)

as for UGAHusker, how do you like my avatar?! :D

I don't think that was complaining, it was stating. And sorry to offend you by using a picture of myself.

Its ok HGM, we still like you! :)

as for UGAHusker, how do you like my avatar?! :D

Where did you find it?

post-3114-018999300 1302662796.jpg

To be honest, when I first read this, I thought it was directly in reference to the "women announcers" comment. Now I see that is probably intended as a general dislike. I am officially eating crow and I apologize to all for my ridiculousness. That is all.

The two best ever: Vin Scully (if you disagree,, pm me so we can arrange your beating). Jim Lampley ( his call of the Gatti v Ward fight is the truth)

The worst: Whoever calls the White Sox games, Joe Theismann, John Gruden

The Spawn of Satan: Mike Krukow, Duane Kuiper, the asshat SF Giant Jizzmoppers who spray the booth every time a Giant doesn't do something completely retarded, are completely unprofessional, and probably deviants.

Favorites: Keith Jackson, Matt Davison, Erin Andrews, Chris Fowler, Jesse Palmer, Todd Blackledge, Brad Nessler, and of course Lee Corso. I know some of you guys might not like Corso, but the guy brings his own style.

Least Favorites: Brent Mushmouth, Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, Bob Griese, Kirk Herbstriet, John Madden.

Dream Booth: Morgan Freeman(play-by-play), Sam Eliot(Analyst) - The two greatest voices in the history of mankind.

OT: If you guys like baseball then Bert Blylevyn, who calls the Twins games up here, is fantastic. He's funny, doesn't overtalk, and tells it like it is.

I have a hate on for most announcers in that they talk about the "rules" for playing winning football, then, two sentences later are breaking those "rules." An example might be an announcer saying that defenses win championships...then five minutes later talking about a team being the greatest because they have an unreal offense while completely ignoring their WAC-like defense. Another annoying factor would be when announcers enter the booth with an obvious agenda to promote one team. An example would be a fairly recent Oregon State and USC match up. OSU won the game. At the end, the broadcast team said they came to booth prepared to talk about how great USC was and blah, blah, blah. They do this all the time. Lastly, when they do get into the nuts and bolts of the game, you quickly get the feeling they don't know what they are talking about because they continue to use general statements and platitudes.

My favorite sideline commentary line from a stand-up comedian.

"That had to hurt there Bob...back to you."

Absolutely no apology needed. Article XI, Clause 19, to the HuskerBoard charter contains an exemption to the no-pictures-of-yourself-as-avatar rule for beautiful women. Such women are not only allowed to use their portraits as avatars, but are in fact encouraged to do so.

haha i actually love all of you who backed me up, thank you :) and it's okay UGA, we all got to eat crow sometimes.

The "make me a sandwich" comments need to stop. It's not funny, and there's no place for that here.

On topic - I really like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I know a lot of folks absolutely hate them, but I really like Buck's voice, and Aikman has good perspective from his playing days.

• Fire 2