East Stadium expansion update coming tonight

Nexus

Yea, I don't like how the east seats are basically the same height as the superficial fluff on top of the west stadium.

About the sound, when the athletic department polled alumni and fans about the sound system there was only like 2-3% of people that complained about it. I think it is terrible in the stadium but I guess the overwhelming majority of husker fans don't think so. Thus, nothing will happen with it.. which is a shame because it needs a major overhaul.

Yea, I don't like how the east seats are basically the same height as the superficial fluff on top of the west stadium.

About the sound, when the athletic department polled alumni and fans about the sound system there was only like 2-3% of people that complained about it. I think it is terrible in the stadium but I guess the overwhelming majority of husker fans don't think so. Thus, nothing will happen with it.. which is a shame because it needs a major overhaul.

Agreed on the sound system, depending on where you sit in the stadium it's either too loud or inaudible....

15hnzab.jpg

Is that a Texas Tech game?

Nah they want to show a stadium that is actually filled.

You've missed the clever joke. Recall when TTU discussed expansion and they released an image of the new stadium where they used a Husker crowd to fill in the stadium.

I know of the joke but if we showed the TT crowd, it wouldn't be filled, that's why they showed a Husker crowd instead of their own during their expansion.

The sound system needs to be addressed BADLY. I am sure if you are close to the jumbo tron, it is a non-issue, but for us students and fans that sit in the southern part of the stadium, it is abysmal.

It is a sad day in Husker land when the Tunnel Walk comes on and you have to "listen to it in your head as the Tunnel Walk starts" because you can't hear it at all. I know the North end-zone probably thinks it is too loud, and they may have a point, but something has to be done to address the other half of the stadium.

I heard a rumor on here after the East stadium expansion that they will put up another Jumbo-tron on the south side, thus satisfying not only apperance, but sound for that side of the stadium as well.

When I took the survey about the stadium a while back, that was my #1 priority, and I noticed that sadly under "other" or "audio", I forget which one, there was a small percentage so it probably got over-looked.....for now. I hope that rumor is true though.

Also, it is NEVER loud enough for some of us, myself included. ;)