Trump : "Worst president ever is ..............."

I remember we used to joke about how we were still flying fighters that were built back in the late 70's and 80's.

Geez, why don't we just go back to the F-4's...

Not too mention, how many B-52's are we still using???

If you want a good laugh look at the mission availability ratios of b-52s and b-2s. Shocking.

Most of his "promises kept" were small things that probably weren't going to get rejected and easy to push through. Some he just extended from Bush so not really he came up on his own. I wouldn't say i am a birther but what does he have to hide if he is an American citizen though? One of the first things he did was a Presidental order to seal his records. so much for transparency right?

It Depends on who the Republican nominee is. I would say Obama has lost supporters and may not vote for him this time around.

Actually, that's one of those Internet rumors that has been accepted as true when it is not. When pressed for specifics, the people who state this as fact point to Executive Order 13489 of January 21, 2009. However, that Executive Order does not seal President Obama's personal records. The Executive Order address only Presidential records. Those records are, as defined by the Presidential Records Act:

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, his immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise and assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

A.) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of his staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

B.) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

Presidential records must have been:

1) Created during the course of being president

2) Created by the president or his staff or advisers and

3) Created pursuant to official duties as president

By the way - every President since Reagan has signed a similar order. The distinction between the order signed by President Obama and the order signed by President Bush is that Obama's version actually opened up the records. Bush's version (Executive Order 13233 of November 1, 2001) allowed former presidents and even family members to declare executive privilege and block public access to White House records for virtually any reason.

Doesn't matter if it's a rumor or not. Let's say hypothetically Obama's records that he hasn't released disqualified him from being President. It would be the biggest sh#t storm ever. Obama ran on transparency and that's all most are asking for from him. But he's been to secretive. As long as it doesn't apply to him he is for it it seems. I'm not for getting Obama out of office just making sure the Constitution is followed. I mean for goodness sake they had a hearing on whether or not John McCain was qualified to run as President since he was born in the Panama Canal when it was US territory.

I remember we used to joke about how we were still flying fighters that were built back in the late 70's and 80's.

Geez, why don't we just go back to the F-4's...

Not too mention, how many B-52's are we still using???

If you want a good laugh look at the mission availability ratios of b-52s and b-2s. Shocking.

I don't even want to know...

I remember when Ellsworth had a good portion of the B-1's

He'll only get re-elected, because of the grand mal clusterf*ck that is the republican party.

The republicans look like a monkey's trying to f*ck a football, and the democrats are in the audience throwing poop at them...

The sad thing isn't that this is true. It's that you can interchange the names of the parties at various times, various years. It's not better when one is in power or the other, it's still the same clusterf*ck, with a slightly different feel.

• Fire 1

He'll only get re-elected, because of the grand mal clusterf*ck that is the republican party.

The republicans look like a monkey's trying to f*ck a football, and the democrats are in the audience throwing poop at them...

The sad thing isn't that this is true. It's that you can interchange the names of the parties at various times, various years. It's not better when one is in power or the other, it's still the same clusterf*ck, with a slightly different feel.

You nailed it. And there hasn't even been any mention of the multitudes of "Special Intrest Groups" that throw their money around like it's falling out of the f'n sky. Makes me think they wield more power than our elected officials.

If it's not the Republicans trying to scare you with "it", it's the Democrats blaming the Republicans for "it".

Exactly! And the worst of it is, while they portray themselves as bitter enemies, they're really in this together. They need each other to maintain the current balance of power, and to prevent a third party coming in and siphoning off their base. No matter how ideologically opposed they proclaim to be, they truly are different sides of the same coin.

Losers.

Exactly! And the worst of it is, while they portray themselves as bitter enemies, they're really in this together. They need each other to maintain the current balance of power, and to prevent a third party coming in and siphoning off their base.

Really? Ron Paul and Anthony Weiner are in it together? Fringe 3rd parties aside there is a wide spectrum of political beliefs within the parties. Say what you want about the fairness of a two party system, but it is more stable than minority coalitions which would be even more gridlocked in our political landscape. Having said that the relationships between congressmen is more cordial than on TV and in print because you won't achieve anything burning every bridge.

• Fire 1

Exactly! And the worst of it is, while they portray themselves as bitter enemies, they're really in this together. They need each other to maintain the current balance of power, and to prevent a third party coming in and siphoning off their base.

Really? Ron Paul and Anthony Weiner are in it together? Fringe 3rd parties aside there is a wide spectrum of political beliefs within the parties. Say what you want about the fairness of a two party system, but it is more stable than minority coalitions which would be even more gridlocked in our political landscape. Having said that the relationships between congressmen is more cordial than on TV and in print because you won't achieve anything burning every bridge.

Really really.

The republicans and democrats need each other to maintain the status quo, which above all things is their biggest concern. I'm sure some individuals have their own agendas, but you're talking about outliers, not the parties as a whole.

Most of his "promises kept" were small things that probably weren't going to get rejected and easy to push through. Some he just extended from Bush so not really he came up on his own. I wouldn't say i am a birther but what does he have to hide if he is an American citizen though? One of the first things he did was a Presidental order to seal his records. so much for transparency right?

It Depends on who the Republican nominee is. I would say Obama has lost supporters and may not vote for him this time around.

Actually, that's one of those Internet rumors that has been accepted as true when it is not. When pressed for specifics, the people who state this as fact point to Executive Order 13489 of January 21, 2009. However, that Executive Order does not seal President Obama's personal records. The Executive Order address only Presidential records. Those records are, as defined by the Presidential Records Act:

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, his immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise and assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

A.) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of his staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

B.) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

Presidential records must have been:

1) Created during the course of being president

2) Created by the president or his staff or advisers and

3) Created pursuant to official duties as president

By the way - every President since Reagan has signed a similar order. The distinction between the order signed by President Obama and the order signed by President Bush is that Obama's version actually opened up the records. Bush's version (Executive Order 13233 of November 1, 2001) allowed former presidents and even family members to declare executive privilege and block public access to White House records for virtually any reason.

Doesn't matter if it's a rumor or not. Let's say hypothetically Obama's records that he hasn't released disqualified him from being President. It would be the biggest sh#t storm ever. Obama ran on transparency and that's all most are asking for from him. But he's been to secretive. As long as it doesn't apply to him he is for it it seems. I'm not for getting Obama out of office just making sure the Constitution is followed. I mean for goodness sake they had a hearing on whether or not John McCain was qualified to run as President since he was born in the Panama Canal when it was US territory.

Other than the issue of the birth certificate nonsense, in what way has he been secretive - particularly in comparison to Bush's acts to hide records?

By the way, today Obama released the "long form" of his birth certificate. Additionally, you might want to take a look at THIS THREAD - as I pointed out, with references, the short form is just as legal as the long form, so this has been a moot issue except to those who wanted to imagine a conspiricy.

• Fire 1
The republicans and democrats need each other to maintain the status quo, which above all things is their biggest concern. I'm sure some individuals have their own agendas, but you're talking about outliers, not the parties as a whole.

The party as a whole as you put it is more of lose knit platform (very loose if you're a D) that franchises candidates. Even if an independent or 3rd party candidate is elected to congress they still have to caucus with a party because of the way both bodies function /w committee assignments. You should be smart enough to figure out why outsiders never have a chance though; less than half the country votes in midterms and only a tiny minority of voters actually take an interest in learning about candidates that do not have the means for round the clock TV ads.

I just find it humorous (in a sad way) that people endlessly bitch about how dysfunctional congress is without considering for a moment why that actually is or acting as though we didn't vote for them. It's not a problem with the parties it's a problem with the electorate.

Barring an economic turn for the worse I think Obama will be re-elected by a comfortable margin.

I would tend to agree. Unless the Tea Partiers suddenly get much more organized they're not going to have their own viable candidate, so they'll likely just revert to form and trend Republican. While it's early, I see nobody even remotely viable on the Republican side.

2012 has Dukakis/Dole written all over it. Incumbent is affable, and although vulnerable, there isn't anyone on the other side capable of exploiting the vulnerability. People think that just because President _________ has done unpopular things that he won't be reelected, but Reagan, Clinton and Bush II all proved that wrong.

Agreed

I would take another dose of Obama before I would even utter the words President Trump :flush

I don't know of any national-level politician that I would be truly glad to have as president. I'm tired of this "lesser of two evils" crap.

Like this?

Barring an economic turn for the worse I think Obama will be re-elected by a comfortable margin.

I would tend to agree. Unless the Tea Partiers suddenly get much more organized they're not going to have their own viable candidate, so they'll likely just revert to form and trend Republican. While it's early, I see nobody even remotely viable on the Republican side.

2012 has Dukakis/Dole written all over it. Incumbent is affable, and although vulnerable, there isn't anyone on the other side capable of exploiting the vulnerability. People think that just because President _________ has done unpopular things that he won't be reelected, but Reagan, Clinton and Bush II all proved that wrong.

Agreed

I would take another dose of Obama before I would even utter the words President Trump :flush

I don't know of any national-level politician that I would be truly glad to have as president. I'm tired of this "lesser of two evils" crap.

Like this?

Exactly like that. South Park's political commentary is generally spot on.