Ohio State game at night?

Tougher than Wisconsin in Camp Randall at night? I dont know about that one...

Feel free to disagree, but yes, that's my opinion.

I think wisconsin is a joke. Trying to stop the blitzkrieg with the polish cavalry. I think they will be exposed horribly, and lose by 3 or 4 touchdowns, and probably not score....say 24 - 0 Huskers, or thereabouts. Wisconsin has to beat you in one particular way, which matches up really poorly with Nebraska's team D and other team strengths this year.

PSU is late in the season, away game, probably the toughest away environment being furthest from Lincoln and a really huge stadium, lots of pride and tradition. PSU also has a lock on the top talent in their home state year in and year out. I believe the PSU away game will regularly be the toughest game for Nebrasaka, at least until michigan gets on their feet. How about 17-16 PSU?

OSU does have the talent to match up with Nebraska, but not enough to overcome the "1st game back" issues for pryor and etc., plus its in Lincoln. Say, 23-10 Huskers.

Nebraska wins the division and vs. wisconsin or PSU for the inaugural B1G title. Rematches are tough. Pick 'em.

You're entitled to think what you want, but we're capable of beating teams more than one way. We use a strong run game to overpower teams, not because we have to, but because we can. We're usually capable of beating teams throwing the ball as well. Ideally, we want to run the ball around 40 times, and throw maybe 20, many of them play action. That's where we get most of our big plays in the passing game. Our first 3 WRs will be as good as anyone in the conference, and our TE group should be the best.

We're not going to have as potent an offense this year, at least early on, due to inexperience at QB. We'll have to rely on the run game the first 3-4 weeks, while our new QB gets his legs under him.

While we lost a lot of guys to the draft, we still return a lot of experience. We had pretty good depth last year, and were able to play 2-3 spots down the depth chart in several games, at several different position. We expect the defense to be very good this year. Probably better than last year. One starting LB is fully recovered from a knee injury suffered 2 years ago, and has all of his explosion back. Another missed 10 games plus the bowl last year, and he's our best defensive player. Alvarez has been quoted as saying he's the best pure football player he's ever seen.

How does it feel to be rooting for little red now that Big Red is in the building?

You're entitled to think what you want, but we're capable of beating teams more than one way. We use a strong run game to overpower teams, not because we have to, but because we can. We're usually capable of beating teams throwing the ball as well. Ideally, we want to run the ball around 40 times, and throw maybe 20, many of them play action. That's where we get most of our big plays in the passing game. Our first 3 WRs will be as good as anyone in the conference, and our TE group should be the best.

We're not going to have as potent an offense this year, at least early on, due to inexperience at QB. We'll have to rely on the run game the first 3-4 weeks, while our new QB gets his legs under him.

While we lost a lot of guys to the draft, we still return a lot of experience. We had pretty good depth last year, and were able to play 2-3 spots down the depth chart in several games, at several different position. We expect the defense to be very good this year. Probably better than last year. One starting LB is fully recovered from a knee injury suffered 2 years ago, and has all of his explosion back. Another missed 10 games plus the bowl last year, and he's our best defensive player. Alvarez has been quoted as saying he's the best pure football player he's ever seen.

How does it feel to be rooting for little red now that Big Red is in the building?

In what way is this a rebuttal, or any kind of response, to what badgerman wrote?

I heard great things about Nebraska fans, and I've heard the complete opposite. Guess what impression blasted_imposter gives you guys?

When Penn St joined the Big 10, they thought they were going to dominate the league as well. They've been to 2 Rose Bowls in 16 years. The league is tougher than you think it is.

I don't know where people keep getting this crap that Nebraska fans are going around and claiming we're going to dominate the Big Ten. Seems like there are some Nervous Nellies in Big Ten Country IMO.

I will surprised if we are gonna dominate the conference this year. As much as want us to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State, I wouldnt be shocked if we didnt. This a total different animal this year, plus this has got to be one of the toughest schedules we have faced in awhile. Im thinking their will be 6 of our conference opponents rank at some point this year, couldnt say that about the big12 very often.

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Michigan State

Michigan

Iowa

Penn State will all be ranked in the top 25 at some point in the season.

I don't know where people keep getting this crap that Nebraska fans are going around and claiming we're going to dominate the Big Ten. Seems like there are some Nervous Nellies in Big Ten Country IMO.

I'm not saying everyone here thinks that, but have you seen the posts on this board regarding joining the Big10?

I'm not saying everyone here thinks that, but have you seen the posts on this board regarding joining the Big10?

There are 500 posts here talking about concerns for the coming year, everything from our starting QB to our line to our opponents to the overall SOS we're facing for every one post of "we're going to beat the hell outta everyone." Who you choose to focus on says more about you than us, to be honest.

There are 500 posts here talking about concerns for the coming year, everything from our starting QB to our line to our opponents to the overall SOS we're facing for every one post of "we're going to beat the hell outta everyone." Who you choose to focus on says more about you than us, to be honest.

Unfortunately it is human nature to remember the bad things said about you more than the good things. That is what makes social bullying so bad in schools. 10 friends can have a hard time overcoming the negative thoughts introduced by a couple of asshats. Yes if you go through and count the number of people on each side of the arguemnt it is overwhelmingly in favor of the middle of the road - yes we should do good but we probably won't dominate - and there are actually relatively few people saying Nebraska is going to dominate, but how many people actually take the time to count? And the reality is that the people trashing the Big 10 tend to be the loud and obnoxious ones that stick out :(

This Nebraska fan's prediction is 6-2 in Big 10 play for this upcoming season.

Yep that seems to be most teams fans guesstimate. Some will do better and some worse. I think several teams in the B1G have talent and look like they could do well this year, so there should be some good competition. They all have their "issues" what ever they may be. Hard to say this early, we need to get into the non conf games and see whos brining what to conf play this year. With summer coming these boys need to stay out of trouble and stay healthy first.

Was I wrong with what I said? He said he didn't know where people were getting this. I mentioned there's people on this forum that say it. I never said it was the majority, just simply that it exists.

One underrated strike against us, in my opinion, is that while we match up very well with the Big Ten, it's year one and we have a whole conference worth of opponents to study for the first time. Whereas in the Big 12, we had some continuity going from year to year since Bo took over in 2008. We're starting over again in that area. Meanwhile, the rest of the conference only has one new school to prepare for, in terms of their personnel. I think that counteracts, to a certain extent, our 'speed' advantage.

Was I wrong with what I said? He said he didn't know where people were getting this. I mentioned there's people on this forum that say it. I never said it was the majority, just simply that it exists.

There are posts saying we're going to get waxed next year, too. But you didn't mention those.

I guess I take slight umbrage to being lumped in with Blasted Imposter. The guy is clearly just here to be a d-bag.

Was I wrong with what I said? He said he didn't know where people were getting this. I mentioned there's people a person on this forum that say it. I never said it was the majority, just simply that it exists.

Fixed it for you. All the people I know or talk to online are thinking 10 wins will be an accomplishment considering our schedule. But the first thing I hear from other Big Ten fans is "You guys aren't going to walk all over us." So I don't know if y'all are nervous or what. The Unknown can be a little worrisome, but it's the same for us. As soon as it was announced that we were joining the Big Ten, I made it a point to watch a lot of Big Ten games. There really aren't a lot of easy games, we get that. Just trust us that the VAST majority of Husker fans are not predicting a walk in the park this season ;)