The Top 25 Thread

Athlon Sports is counting down their preseason favorites. Nebraska checks in at #10. They're predicting we'll win Legends and the Big Ten in our inaugural season.

The Cornhuskers will have one of the best defenses in the country this season. If they can find stability at the quarterback position, Nebraska will compete for the league crown and a BCS bowl

LINK to analysis page

Andy Staples of SI.com chimes in with his Post-Spring Power Rankings, which are basically a Top 25.

He doesn't provide much analysis, and spends the bulk of his time talking about a guy who isn't even going to play for us:

Spring recap: Welcome to the Big Ten, Cornhuskers. For your first conference game, you get to visit Camp Randall Stadium for a night game. For your second, you get to face an Ohio State team returning some of its best players from suspension. But the folks in Big Red country probably aren't worried about that right now. The Bubba Starling watch is on. Will the star quarterback from Gardner, Kan., come to Lincoln to play football, or will he take a fat signing bonus and hit the diamond after he gets selected in the first round of next month's Major League Baseball draft? I'm rooting for Nebraska here, because, frankly, I enjoy typing the name Bubba. If they want to remain optimistic, Nebraska fans probably should avoid watching Boston Red Sox games. The last time a Huskers quarterback recruit faced this scenario, Carl Crawford picked baseball.

LINK

Big concerns on Defense. HA!! the only big concerns i have are whether we are going to average giving up 12PPG or 13PPG!!

Im actually concerned about our secondary, not so much with Dennard, Osborne, Cassidy. But more with who is gonna replace Prince, Hagg, Gomes. I know we may see more 4-3 this year, but at sametime we need solid dime/nickel/peso packages with those spread teams we are gonna face.

Sorry but Cassidy sucks.

Big concerns on Defense. HA!! the only big concerns i have are whether we are going to average giving up 12PPG or 13PPG!!

Im actually concerned about our secondary, not so much with Dennard, Osborne, Cassidy. But more with who is gonna replace Prince, Hagg, Gomes. I know we may see more 4-3 this year, but at sametime we need solid dime/nickel/peso packages with those spread teams we are gonna face.

Sorry but Cassidy sucks.

Yes he does thats why he replaced Thearnse at safety after the Texas game. :sarcasm Not saying he is an absolutely stud, but he is not a liabilty out there. Remember people dogged on O'Hanlon throughout his Senior year. But by the end of it he was one of best safeties in the conference.

Sorry but Cassidy sucks.

Yes he does thats why he replaced Thearnse at safety after the Texas game. :sarcasm Not saying he is an absolutely stud, but he is not a liabilty out there. Remember people dogged on O'Hanlon throughout his Senior year. But by the end of it he was one of best safeties in the conference.

Cassidy isn't bad at all. He's not flashy, but he's a good tackler.

Sorry but Cassidy sucks.

Cassidy isn't bad at all. He's not flashy, but he's a good tackler.

and thats why he replaced thenarse...thenarse can't tackle

All week on College Football Live, we’ve been unveiling our Preseason Top 25. A 38-person panel consisting of our analysts, studio hosts, play-by-play announcers, bloggers, researchers and production team members submitted their votes and here’s our in-depth Top 5.

1. Oklahoma

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Boise State

6. Florida State

7. Stanford

8. South Carolina

9. Oklahoma State

10. Ohio State

13. Nebraska

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we’re sitting at #16, which I don't understand at all. I can’t believe Ohio State is ranked #6.

NCAA Football 12 Top 25 Team Rankings

Agree on the OSU ranking but last year they had Oregon at #2 even after Masoli left and it paid off, so maybe they're thinking the same even though this is a much larger circumstance. We should be 8-12 range -- so not way off.

Does anyone know when the game comes out? I can't wait to get my roster updated, I heard coaches are being added this year finally.