Official NFL Draft Thread

Why the heck did the Vikings pick Ponder? I wouldn't have expected him to go even in the 2nd Round. Soooo many better QB's than him.

They signed Brett Favre, they don't know what a QB is.

When they did sign Brett Favre, he actually had the best season of his already tremendous career his first year with the Vikings. So they know what a good QB is, but I guess they just didn't want to get one this draft.

The Vikings really do need a QB now bc Tavaris Jackson is really not a good throwing QB at all. I still really didn't think Ponder would go this early and seemed like a reach.

Wasn't Big Ben a reach when the Steelers took him? Just throwing some hope to the Viking fans.

The Lions already have a loaded defensive line and a terrible secondary. I do NOT understand that pick.

They are probably using the philosophy that you take the best player available regardless of need. Many of the best GMs do this.

That should be a scary d-line. And sometimes an amazing d-line is better than an ok secondary. Just look at when the Giants won the superbowl.

The Lions already have a loaded defensive line and a terrible secondary. I do NOT understand that pick.

They are probably using the philosophy that you take the best player available regardless of need. Many of the best GMs do this.

That should be a scary d-line. And sometimes an amazing d-line is better than an ok secondary. Just look at when the Giants won the superbowl.

Yea. I had another post after that and said that they weren't expecting him there and with Fairly projected as a top 5 pick by a lot of people and still having him there, they had to take him.