Official NFL Draft Thread

9ers Aldon Smith is being said as a risky pick. I don't get it, wasn't he Big XII D-player of the year. Maybe it's the Mizzou thing (Ziggy Hood seems to be working out) but I would of preferred Prince. Whats the hold up on Bowers and Akeem Ayers ? And I guess Reggie's out at NO. Also Falcons look ready to make a run.

Colorado has 2 this year as well...

Ravens really messed up. Because they and the Bears couldn't get the trade squared in time, they lose out on gaining an extra later round pick. If I'm a part of Ravens brass, I'm furious.

What do you know, the Ravens are furious. Interesting bit from SI's Peter King this morning.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/29/2011-nfl-draft/index.html?eref=sihp

All's well that ends well, you say? Not so fast. Angelo called Baltimore owner Steve Bisciotti to apologize, but Bisciotti wanted the fourth-round pick anyway, claiming it was part of the deal they'd agreed to. In fact, I'm told Bisciotti today will push to get the fourth-round pick, or to make the situation right in some way.

The league is under no obligation to do so, because the trade was never official. And maybe all's fair in love and draft-night trades, but as far as Baltimore's concerned, I don't think this one's over. I think the Ravens will ask the league to award them some compensation from Chicago before the draft resumes at 6 p.m. Eastern today. Stay tuned.

I would say the Ravens messed this up more than the Bears, but Jerry Angelo is doing the right thing by taking responsibility. I don't think the Ravens will get their compensated pick though.

9ers Aldon Smith is being said as a risky pick. I don't get it, wasn't he Big XII D-player of the year. Maybe it's the Mizzou thing (Ziggy Hood seems to be working out) but I would of preferred Prince. Whats the hold up on Bowers and Akeem Ayers ? And I guess Reggie's out at NO. Also Falcons look ready to make a run.

Well Bowers had some knee problems from what I heard so a lot are worried about that for him. I know he was a potential top 5 pick at one point and I think #6 on kipers big board.

As for Ayers I don't think he was any more than a mid 20s to late 20s level pick so not really fallen off too far yet and prob will go early in 2nd round.

The 32nd and FINAL pick of the 1st round, the Green Bay Packers select Derek Sherrod/OT Mississippi State

see you all tomorrow. Great work huskersrule in doing this thread.

Thanks. I am just glad we had lots of people in here last night to talk about it. Makes it a lot more fun with more people. Hope we get a big crowd again tonight.

Definitely more fun with lots of people in the discussion.

We're live now for Rounds 2&3. My Pats are kicking it off, hopefully by picking up a third first rounder next year...:lol:

Brian Billick thinks an RB for us later this round. He said the Patriots are getting older at RB.........which is patently untrue! Danny Woodhead and BenJavus Green-Ellis? C'mon, coach! I agree with Mayock, who predicts Belichick will look for RBs later.

Definitely more fun with lots of people in the discussion.

We're live now for Rounds 2&3. My Pats are kicking it off, hopefully by picking up a third first rounder next year...:lol:

It really wouldnt surprise me if they did. They have a history of trading down to get more pick or picks for later drafts.

Baylor has 3 first round picks in the last 2 years...how is Briles still coaching there?

What about Mizzou? They had two in the first 10 picks. This year. That's more top-10 picks than the whole B1G conf had in like a decade or something.