Who will be our next Colorado?

Who will be our next Colorado?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondering who will will love to hate? Iowa is my choice.

I agree! Who will be our new Oklahoma? I vote for Wisconsin

I would say Penn St. since they made them our cross-protected rivalry. I mean two schools with Legendary coaches and with one in the making on the way for us.

northwestern. iowa and cu arent even in the same class in quality of teams so how can that be? northwestern is more in line with cu athletics and from what i understand their fans are "better than thou pricks".

just my take as it seems to me that the only thing UI and CU have in common are the colors of their unis.

Colorado's football tradition is far superior to that of Iowa's and that isn't even arguable. Iowa's fans remind me a lot of Kansas State's or even Colorado's. We will beat them 8 times in a row and they may beat us once. But after they beat us that one time they will start sentences with "Now that we own Nebraska..."

We have the longest series with Minnesota, 51 games. They own a 28-21-2 series lead, but we have won the last 14 games dating back to the start of the Bob Devaney era. And from 1969 on, 10 games, the scores were lopsided in favor of Big Red.

As far as replacing Colorado goes, well, I don't think anybody ever goes in search of such an opponent. It would require a team to "circle Nebraska on the schedule", pump out continued hype about how they are going to beat Nebraska even if its week one and they play us in week 9, require their scout team to dawn Husker jerseys the week they play us, and to claim on a unilateral basis that Nebraska is their new rival.

What Big Ten team is going to do all that? Let us hope the answer to that is...NONE

But the Buffs have already replaced us by targeting Utah as their "new rival". Have fun with that Utah.

We have the longest series with Minnesota, 51 games. They own a 28-21-2 series lead, but we have won the last 14 games dating back to the start of the Bob Devaney era. And from 1969 on, 10 games, the scores were lopsided in favor of Big Red.

As far as replacing Colorado goes, well, I don't think anybody ever goes in search of such an opponent. It would require a team to "circle Nebraska on the schedule", pump out continued hype about how they are going to beat Nebraska even if its week one and they play us in week 9, require their scout team to dawn Husker jerseys the week they play us, and to claim on a unilateral basis that Nebraska is their new rival.

What Big Ten team is going to do all that? Let us hope the answer to that is...NONE

But the Buffs have already replaced us by targeting Utah as their "new rival". Have fun with that Utah.

For this year, I'd say everyone has Nebraska circled, new kid on the block sort of deal

I always thought of the Colorado rivalry with Nebraska was lopsided in Nebraska's favor, record-wise. Therefore i put Minnesota in a real good spot to take Colorado's place in our rivalry situation. It will be a team that we dominate year to year with a loss every blue moon. Iowa, is more to take the Missouri role when it comes rivalrys, it's a healthy one that will benefit both teams and it will be a good rivalry to watch. As far as replacing the Oklahoma rivalry, that one is harder to fill its shoes, you need a big boy to fill those, someone like Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, or Michigan.

You know - it is funny. I don't mind so much when all of you put down Iowa. Yes it gets annoying but I kind of expect it since I am on your boards. But what REALLY bothers me? Stop putting Wisconsin with OSU, PSU and Michigan! Or start putting Iowa there also. Iowa and Wisconsin are essentially the same team! Going back in my hole now while I get trolled for this post.

As far as the team that you will end up disliking their fans I would say probably Wisconsin (although we have some real asshats at the Iowa games also).

good points, Wiscy and Iowa are pretty equal, they both can and will shake things up in the Big 10 from year to year.

northwestern. iowa and cu arent even in the same class in quality of teams so how can that be? northwestern is more in line with cu athletics and from what i understand their fans are "better than thou pricks".

just my take as it seems to me that the only thing UI and CU have in common are the colors of their unis.

Colorado's football tradition is far superior to that of Iowa's and that isn't even arguable. Iowa's fans remind me a lot of Kansas State's or even Colorado's. We will beat them 8 times in a row and they may beat us once. But after they beat us that one time they will start sentences with "Now that we own Nebraska..."

i wouldnt say that its far greater but yes it is greater. however, at the current time i would argue that iowa is a far better football team. actually im not really sure that cu has a greater football tradition at all. seems to me that they are pretty equal on that front.

I think that Iowa will be the next Colorado. Just because all of the jealousy and hate of our program, well mostly jealously. I really think that Penn St could potentially be the next OU for considering the history of the programs and the History we share with each other. Of course they were acting like complete asses as stated above. But, I think there were alot of OU fans that did as well in the snake pit.

i selected Penn St. because we have had actual sh**ty expereicne with them and i will never go back there.

Horrible expereince so much so that the president of Penn St wrote the NU fans a letter stating how sorry he was for the way PSU fans actued back in 2002

Really? What happened? PSU living up to their reputation...

What did the apology letter say?

Sorry for all the questions, I was pretty young back then and probably didn't follow anything beyond the game itself, haha.