What is our record next year?

Personally, I dont get all the Wisconsin stuff. I mean, this is the most overated, slow team ever. These guys havent seen speed like NU will bring. I think Wisconsin is a win, maybe handily. I dont get the MSU stuff either. State won 4 or 5 games last year they could have easily lost, they got all the breaks last year. It wont happen 2 years running. I see NU winning the Big 101112. Ohio State is in chaos, and thier chemistry will most definately be affected. Nebraska will have a defense that is really, really good. Probably be hard for teams to score much, and with what the O has been the past several years, in can only go North IMO. I'd say the record is anywhere between undefeated and 2 losses. I think this could be a special season. Most probable losses will be Michigan (they will be much better by playing better defense alone) and Penn State.

I am not rying to be a downer or a troll!! That said I do see some issues with Nebraska next year. I think some of the people who have reaserched some of the B10 teams see the same things I do. If you want to have a convo on it by all means I am willing, but like I said I am not here to step on shoes or piss anyone off, just talking football.

A good way to judge, is to figure out what B10 team you are most like, size, speed, the type of game Nebraska plays, ect. Then look at what their record was last year. No this does not give you a absolute, but gives you something to go by.

The more I think about it, I think the Wisc and OSU games will not be that tough. Wisc loses a lot from last year. OSU has its issues.

I really think Penn State will surprise people this year and may win the division considering the OSU situation.

Neb plays at Penn State later in the season which gives their young team more time to gel.

Neb also plays at Mich later in the season which maybe by then, Mich will show signs of improvement. Neb at Mich early in the season and it's no contest.

Like I said above, Neb is most likely 11-1 going into the CCG against Penn State.

You are predicting that a team that was owned in its last game by Washington will get past Washington, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Northwestern (who is as good as Washington, I'd think... or, at least close),Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State with but a single loss? That is 7-1 versus teams that are at least as good, and in most cases better than, the team that just spanked us in our last game. Hmnn... seems overly optimistic to me. We closed last season very, very poorly. We lost more guys to graduation than normal. We have many, many questions to answer... seems to me that splitting the 8 games mentioned above would be about right and about as good as we can reasonably expect. Not 7-1 against that crew. But... I applaud the enthusiasm and appreciate the cheery outlook... still.... very, very unlikely.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Wisconsin is the defending conference champion. They're a good football team.

There a "nice" team, nothing more. Who cares if they won the confrence last year, its irrelevant to this year. They lost thier QB, 3/5 of the OL, and 2 NFL draft choices on the defense. They are a big, slow, bruising team. Like I said, I just dont see all the love for Wisconsin. I think NU rolls them!

There a "nice" team, nothing more. Who cares if they won the confrence last year, its irrelevant to this year. They lost thier QB, 3/5 of the OL, and 2 NFL draft choices on the defense. They are a big, slow, bruising team. Like I said, I just dont see all the love for Wisconsin. I think NU rolls them!

this big, slow team scored a ton of points last season, they plowed over a lot of teams playing power football, they are like everyone else, they will reload and come right at you.....they will be no pushover for anyone playing them.

this big, slow team scored a ton of points last season, they plowed over a lot of teams playing power football, they are like everyone else, they will reload and come right at you.....they will be no pushover for anyone playing them.

Yes, and you have to know Nebraska's starters were recruited when almost all B12 schools were running a very pass happy type of ball. I said it before and I'll say it again you cant stop their run game, you can only try and control it. They play a very clean game and wont make to many mistakes. When it comes to Nebraska playing Wiskey, my biggest concern is your O line, I watched last year as OK's D just ate you up. B10 D's like to bring ALOT of pressure with just 4 guys, which is hard to beat when you have 5 or 6 to cover their 4. There's a reason the B10 has so many LB's get drafted. If there hasnt been HUGE gains in your O, you guys could be in for a long season.

Yes, and you have to know Nebraska's starters were recruited when almost all B12 schools were running a very pass happy type of ball. I said it before and I'll say it again you cant stop their run game, you can only try and control it. They play a very clean game and wont make to many mistakes. When it comes to Nebraska playing Wiskey, my biggest concern is your O line, I watched last year as OK's D just ate you up. B10 D's like to bring ALOT of pressure with just 4 guys, which is hard to beat when you have 5 or 6 to cover their 4. There's a reason the B10 has so many LB's get drafted. If there hasnt been HUGE gains in your O, you guys could be in for a long season.

The Wisky games I watched last year gave me the impession that J.J. Watt was the only true pass rushing threat they had. They had good linebackers, but overall dline play was not on the level of a Nebraskas. TCU did a serviceable job against there run game, and they are a "smaller" defense. It's all in how you game plan against an offense like theirs.

Problem with the TCU game was that Wiskey had a horrible game plan. They tried to be something they are not. As for their D, they reload ok and almost all those 300lb linemen have another year under their belts. They almost always play good D, last year they gave up 30 once and 28 once, otherwise they kept everyone in the low 20's or below, thats not to bad.

But you are right, with the right game plan and execution, they are very much beatable.

Problem with the TCU game was that Wiskey had a horrible game plan. They tried to be something they are not. As for their D, they reload ok and almost all those 300lb linemen have another year under their belts. They almost always play good D, last year they gave up 30 once and 28 once, otherwise they kept everyone in the low 20's or below, thats not to bad.

But you are right, with the right game plan and execution, they are very much beatable.

Iowa and ASU held their running game down too. Don't forget, Wisky was almost 9-3 instead of 11-1

Husker in Oklahoma.......is this the same dude from years ago on HP? If so, GREETINGS old friend! I hope things are well you ......

GBR!!

Husker in Oklahoma.......is this the same dude from years ago on HP? If so, GREETINGS old friend! I hope things are well you ......

GBR!!

Yes sir. Things are well bshirt. Hope your doing well to my friend. You should come on over and check out huskermax. Its all good. Dont post here much, but do read the board from time to time. I really do not understand all this Wisconsin love. It makes me laugh. :lol:

Again, Wisconsin won their conference last year, and they went to a BCS game. Nebraska has done neither in 10 years. So can we please stop acting like we're going to "roll" them? We lost even more players than they did to the NFL draft. If you're not worried about the Wisconsin game, then what are you worried about? That's the toughest game on the schedule, no matter what anybody says about Ohio State.

Again, Wisconsin won their conference last year, and they went to a BCS game. Nebraska has done neither in 10 years. So can we please stop acting like we're going to "roll" them? We lost even more players than they did to the NFL draft. If you're not worried about the Wisconsin game, then what are you worried about? That's the toughest game on the schedule, no matter what anybody says about Ohio State.

I agree with you that I think Wisconsin is our hardest opponent, however I will say that they have a huge hole to fill with Tolzien gone. They have to develop some form of a passing game inorder to move the ball on us. They don't have Clay and they lose quite a few of their starting O-lineman, headed by Carimi. They still will have a heck of a North-South running game and I'm positive they refuel on the O-line, but I don't think it will be on the exact same level as last year's. Somehow they will have to implement some passing game just to keep the backfield honest, my question is can this new QB do that? Now on the other hand, you can sorta say the same thing about our offense. We also need to establish a passing game.

We'll see. I think they are nothing more than an average team playing in a horrid confrence. Thier average rivals rating the past 4 years is in the mid to upper 40's. They do NOT have a roster chock full of talent. They have a new qb, 3/5 of an OL, and only return 10 starters overall. They are also big, slow and lack overall team speed. They have a nice home field advantage, and they are coached well. I give them that. They also should have lost to ASU, and Iowa and were beaten by freakin TCU. Again, I fail to see the love, but whatever. If Wisconsin is the toughest team in the Big 101112, NU will own this confrense soon!