What is our record next year?

Haven't seen this topic yet and it is always a good way to kill some of the summer away while we wait for the 2011 season.

I see a lot of potential next year, but I think our schedule will catch up with us. I don't see us getting out of this conference schedule without suffering some hard ache. To many times Nebraska has let downs that have just happened to correlate with bad games that we get away with a victory (check out Iowa State and South Dakota State).

9/03 Chattanooga

09/10 Fresno State

09/17 Washington

09/24 @Wyoming TVN 6:30 pm

10/01 @Wisconsin ESPN 7 pm

10/08 Ohio State

10/22 @Minnesota

10/29 Michigan St

11/05 Northwestern

11/12 @Penn State

11/19 @Michigan

11/25 Iowa

12/03 Big Ten Champ

??/?? Bowl Game

Chattanooga-(W) Just another game to get ourselves on track. Not too much to worry about unless we have some major issues this year we don't know about.

Fresno State-(W) Good team from last year that should pose a threat. Might figure out what we need to work on as a team as they pushed Nevada last year, but weren't really a dominant team.

Washington-(Toss Up) We all know what happened in the bowl game. This team only gets better as the loss of Locker is the only thing this team really experiences. Kearse and Polk combo could be scary in Lincoln.

Wyoming-(W) It's in Wyoming, but I am not scared and nor should you. They do return 19 starters.

Wisconsin-(L) Opening night in the Big 10 for the Big Red. I am scared that this might be an unwelcoming entrance to the Big 10 as Wisconsin has two great halfbacks that return and an o-line that just reloads.

Ohio State-(L) Pryor walks back into the spotlight and ruins our big day. The game is close, but I don't see Pryor letting this one slip through his fingers.

Minnesota-(W) Even we can't mess this one up. New coach-same Gophers.

Michigan State-(Toss Up) Loads of talent back and they are set to have another good year. I think this game can be our make or break game of the season and whether or not we have a shot at the Big 10 title game.

Northwestern-(W) Persa has injury issues and losses a lot of talent. Another must have.

Penn State- (W) Penn State has more issues than we do but Beaver Stadium isn't nice to us.

Michigan- (W) Robinson is scary, but a new coach and all kinds of issues to solve I think we can take this one in the Big House.

Iowa- (W) No more Clayborn and Stanzi so I think it is safe to say that Nebraska finishes a lot smoother than it started.

Big 10 title?? I would say we end up being 6-2 or 5-3 in the conference which means a lot is riding on whether we beat Michigan State or not. I think that MSU has 2 losses as well without the Nebraska game. Could we beat Wisonsin or Ohio State in a rematch?

Bowl- I say we make the Gator Bowl and maybe see Florida or Arkansas.

I think that Nebraska goes 8-4(5-3) in the conference. I think we end up in a weird tie in the legends division and a tiebreaker says whether we can make it to the title game or not.

I don't think we are going to have the year we all hope it can be.

I would like to hear what you all have to say.

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

14-0. MNC baby!!!

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

Well, I'll give my opinion:

Tennessee-Chattanooga: Win, 31-10

FCS team, I don't think Pelini will let the kids slack off. Could be closer than we expect, but I don't see us having any real issues here.

Fresno State: Win, 38-13

I think after the kinks are worked out in the first game, then the team will go in ready for this one and handily down Fresno.

Washington: Win, 52-10

Maybe this is bias speaking, but I honestly think the players are going to be hungry to get even with UDub, and will play 110%, and destroy them. If not, this one will be close, as in, 21-17 NU close.

@Wyoming: Win, 28-13

This one, I think, will be closer than we think. Wyoming is a tough place to play, and Dave Christensen is building a good team there. I think we'll beatt hem, but we might overlook them with Wisconsin looming the next week.

@Wisconsin: Loss, 17-13

I think this is going to be a defensive struggle, but Wisconsin is just too talented and physical for us to get them, especially on the road. If the offense can get going, though, I think Nebraska could win in a close one, something like 27-24

Ohio State: Win, 31-21

I honestly think their offense is going to be rusty, with Pryor, Herron, and I think their best receiver all coming back this week. not to mention Tressel also being back. I think we jump ahead early, they pull close late, but we still win.

@Minnesota: Win, 62-14

I really think that with their new coach and some growing pains, we're just going to demolish the Gophers. I think at this point the offense may find their stride. Let's also not forget that last season the offense performed really well against lesser defenses. I see that happening again here.

Michigan State: Loss, 31-20

I think this one might be a bit of a letdown in Lincoln. Kirk Cousins and Edwin Baker make this offense formidable, and the defense may have trouble stopping them. I also see a struggle for the NU offense.

Northwestern: Win, 42-17

The team will get back on track with a decisive win against Northwestern. They lose alot of talent, and I think the offense should get going against the 'other' NU

@Penn State: Loss, 20-10

I see a letdown here, because I think by this time, the Nittany Lions will work out their issues, and be a decent team. They're also tough at home, so I don't see us getting this one.

@Michigan: Win, 52-31

I see this one being our Okie State game of the year, a shoot-out that we pull out in the end. Michigan's defense is below-average, at best, and even though Denard Robinson is a beast, Taylor Martinez can have just as good a game as Shoelace (assuming Martinez is starting by this time)

Iowa: Win, 62-0

Ok, just kidding. I see us winning about 31-14, a good win, not a blowout really, but a solid win. But I hope that we can destroy the Hawkeyes, just to show them who's going to rule this assumed rivalry.

I would think that gets us in the B1G Championship Game, probably against Wisconsin, in which I think they once again win, in a very close one, as in, 21-19 close. IDK about bowl game.

Verdict: I have hope the offense can overcome the growing pains early on, before we reach conference play, but we'll still struggle in the conference sometimes, I think. The defense will have little to no drop-off, and the Special Teams should be solid, but not great (Maher, I think will be an above-average punter, and Bondi, Maher, and/or Dann will be an average kicker) a good, solid start to our Big Ten tenure.

11-3

Losses to Wisconsin and Michigan St. in regular season.

We will make the Big 10 Title game, but lose to Ohio State.

We will redeem our loss in the bowl game.

Seems spot on.

I see Ohio St struggling when their tattoo five come back, but getting better by the end of the season.

In our division I can see a similar division record with Nebraska, Michigan, Mich st. Iowa and who knows NW is due for a good season. So a two loss team going to the championship game seems the most likely.

I think you guys win against Wisc, they have no qb as of right now and all the qbs looked sub-par in the spring game. Your two conf losses will likely be Mich. St and Iowa.

I see us going 10-2. There will be two losses between Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan State.

I actually look for a win against Ohio State. Too many distractions for Ohio State and with some rusty players, it is going to be tough for them to walk into Lincoln without some trouble. Not to mention that we tend to do a good job of bouncing back from losses and are at Wisconsin the week prior (think Okie State after the Texas loss last year or the Colorado game after the A&M loss.)

Look for scares (i.e., close wins) against Northwestern and Michigan.

Wow you guys are under some sort of spell. The teams that will be a "gut check" for Nebraska are:

(in no order). Wiskey (they play hard!!). Northwestern (even thou they play the same type of ball)I think you pull off a close one. Oh St wont be worth a cr@p this year. Penn St can put up a fight but can not match your talent, Iowa, (they will give you a game). Mich (rebuilding) and Mich St, (same type of ball) but are the most over rated team ever. Ok maybe not more than OR.

Wow you guys are under some sort of spell. The teams that will be a "gut check" for Nebraska are:

(in no order). Wiskey (they play hard!!). Northwestern (even thou they play the same type of ball)I think you pull off a close one. Oh St wont be worth a cr@p this year. Penn St can put up a fight but can not match your talent, Iowa, (they will give you a game). Mich (rebuilding) and Mich St, (same type of ball) but are the most over rated team ever. Ok maybe not more than OR.

How is that different than the Big XII? Colorado fights us tooth and nail every game. So does K-State. Missouri has beaten us three times in the last six years. Texas owns our ass, Oklahoma is a dogfight, hell even ISU puts up a struggle. A&M showed they can still bloody our nose, Kansas was giving us competitive games for most of the past five years (including the most points we've ever given up, ever) and Texas Tech has some sort of voodoo magic witch doctor spell on us.

I don't care how tough the Big Ten is (and I anticipate it'll be tough) it won't be tougher than what we've seen. The Big XII has always, always, always featured several tough teams, and several more than can rise up on any given Saturday.

This year will be a grind. But that's good - we have grinders on our team, too.

• Fire 3

I really don't know which way the wind will blow on this season. Tough schedule coupled with 1/2 the coaching staff being new, an OC that's never called a play, new offensive system, RB coach who's never coached RB's, coaches who were coaching HS last year, Barney's still here, limping QB, yada yada yada. I don't get the warm and fuzzies about any of it.

Please please please pleasantly surprise me, team! The last time I had this severe lack of the warm and fuzzies was just before the 2007 season, and they ended up doing worse than I could have ever dreamed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be the opposite for me this time! :-)

• Fire 1

I have us losing to Wisconsin. But, if we beat Wisconsin, I expect a loss to Ohio State. We have to win at least one of those games to put a stamp in our path to the Big 10 title and I don't think we'll win the title if we lose both of those games.

We'll then probably lose our game against Michigan State. I also think Iowa will be an extremely tough match and is my major toss up game of the year. With so many emotions it's always tough to determine a winner in those matches.

I think 10-2 is our most likely outcome this year.

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.