What is our record next year?

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

I just think our schedule isn't as tough as everyone is making it out to be. There isn't a team on there we CAN'T beat. Every team we play has question marks as well. Aside from maybe tOSU we have the most talented team in conference. A 2-loss season seems A LOT more reasonable than a 6-loss season. Our defense is way too stout for that. But judging from previous posts you're probably just trolling.

I won't take offense... I got called a troll (not on this board) for predicting a four loss season last year. I'm just thinking realistically- new offense, new coaches, entirely new schedule. I, for one, don't think Ohio State will be a pushover in Lincoln, even if they do lose their head coach. I also like how the "we were good last year, so that means we're gonna be GREAT this year" sentiment only applies to Nebraska and not teams like Michigan State and Penn State, that have more returning starters.

It's not about returning starters in numbers, but who is returning.

MSU got every bounce last year, and won all their close games. Their losses? Complete blowouts (outscored 86-13) by 5 & 3 loss teams. They only beat one ranked team. They'll be hard pressed to get back to double digits.

Penn State was not very good last year. They played 2 QB's, and both were average at best. They also have no idea who is starting.

With all the questions that come with changing offenses, coaches and conferences, I think Nebraska is a wild card in this year's B1G race. They could pull an Iowa '09 or MSU '10 and win a ton of close games. Or they could pull an Oklahoma '09 and lose a ton of close games. I'd say the best case scenario is 10-2 with the worst case being 8-4. Here's my best case breakdown:

Tennessee-Chattanooga - W - 45-7

Shouldn't be too hard to roll in this one, though there could be growing pains.

Fresno State - W - 31-14

This will be tougher than most think. They will come to play and may give us a scare.

Washington - W - 37-17

Motivation will not be an issue here, though Chris Polk will still give us some problems.

Wyoming - W - 35-10

You know how Pelini's 'skers like "playin' against road games," and this is their first one. I would doubt that they'd get too complacent.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Night game in Madison. The last super-heated road environment the Huskers went into didn't treat them well.

Ohio State - W - 20-18

OSU comes in with everything to prove and gives us their best. However, the Tat 5 are too rusty, and hopefully that "Take Back Gameday" movement on FB will have made Memorial Stadium a tougher environment.

Minnesota - W - 30-20

This has letdown/scare written all over it. Kill is a good coach. Who's to say he won't have some kind of Rhoads-esque luck against Pelini?

Michigan State - W - 35-15

Huskers should win this handily if they take care of fundamentals and play a clean game.

Northwestern - W - 39-30

Their spread attack gives us a scare. It could very well be an upset if Pelini and Co. don't take the other NU seriously.

Penn State - L - 15-14

This year's Texas A&M. A good-- but not great-- Penn State team gets juiced by their home crowd and edges us in an ugly game.

Michigan - W - 28-15

A mad Husker team with lots to prove takes it out on Michigan's rebuilding D and does enough against their new pro-style O.

Iowa - W - 21-20

Don't think Iowa doesn't have this one circled, already. Nebraska could be the better team at this point, but get ready for Iowa to go all Colorado on us and keep it frighteningly close.

If that record comes to fruition, you'd have to imagine they will go the B1G championship for a rematch with Wisky. In which case, the rule of rematches always seems to favor the team that lost the first time. It'll be ugly, though.

Ya know, I dont know about the w/l or the scores, but that is a very realistic look at your games this year. Very well said.

our defense will play well, but common folks, we have so many unknowns on the offense, it would be silly to make predictions of huge improvements, yes Wats is gone, TG.....but we have little or no chemistry or real experience, with ANY depth to speak of on offense......one proven back, Rex, a qb who may or may not be healed and improved and no solid back ups for either one......plus an offensive line that laid an egg in their last game...yep, that sounds like a downer, but right now and i hope it will change, it is what it is.....

• Fire 1

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Night game in Madison. The last super-heated road environment the Huskers went into didn't treat them well.

Northwestern - W - 39-30

Their spread attack gives us a scare. It could very well be an upset if Pelini and Co. don't take the other NU seriously.

I think we can all agree the officials had more of an impact on the A&M game than the super-heated road environment.

Also, I don't see Northwestern's spread attack giving us even a little bit of a scare. Pelini has shutting down spread offenses mastered. He's got this.

Other than that I agreed with everything you said, good post.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Northwestern - W - 39-30

I think we can all agree the officials had more of an impact on the A&M game than the super-heated road environment.

Also, I don't see Northwestern's spread attack giving us even a little bit of a scare. Pelini has shutting down spread offenses mastered. He's got this.

you mean like we shut down Oklahoma/Okie State last year? :)

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

6 losses?! I suppose that is POSSIBLE . . . but I sure don't think that it is likely. I agree that our offense probably won't set the world on fire. Luckily, our defense will be well above average. Remember, our offense can't really be much worse . . . can it?

Put me down for 1-3 losses over the course of the regular season. (Wisconsin, OSU, MSU, Iowa would be the likely candidates.) If Nebraska makes the conference title game I'd guess that will be a tossup. The bowl game is a complete unknown.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Northwestern - W - 39-30

Northwestern always seemed more like a Missouri spread than a Oklahoma/Okie Lite spread. Lesser athletes. More short screen game. More horizontal running. Etc.

Northwestern's offense doesn't scare me much. We'll see. Pelini's defenses feast on short routes.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Northwestern - W - 39-30

The amount of yards aside, I don't think too many teams would gripe about giving up 23 points to Oklahoma.

I think the defense takes a step back, comparable to the one we took back this year. As in, from all-universe to top-10. Maybe, top-20 next year? We'll still be great, but I don't think we'll be able to count on it to win games. With Martinez at the helm, I don't think we'll ever be able to count on the offense to win against solid defenses.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Northwestern - W - 39-30

The amount of yards aside, I don't think too many teams would gripe about giving up 23 points to Oklahoma.

And against Oklahoma State, two of their TDs came as a result of Blackmon doing superlative things and/or Prince having a bad game. There isn't a Justin Blackmon in the Big Ten.

Wisconsin - L - 21-19

Northwestern - W - 39-30

That's a good point. I forgot Northwestern has the level of talent those schools do.

You people are seriously saying we are going to lose at Wisky..They bring in a brand new qb, who will have no competition in the offseason since the projected started went down for the year, on top of that it will be his first big 10 game, can you say pressure?? and nebraska will be jacked as hell to make a statement, stack the box with 7-8, shut down the run, and it's easy as cake, wisky has a weak recieving corp, ill bet anyone on this board we walk out with a W, 10-1 odds, and no im not drinking kool aid either

• Fire 1

You people are seriously saying we are going to lose at Wisky..They bring in a brand new qb, who will have no competition in the offseason since the projected started went down for the year, on top of that it will be his first big 10 game, can you say pressure?? and nebraska will be jacked as hell to make a statement, stack the box with 7-8, shut down the run, and it's easy as cake, wisky has a weak recieving corp, ill bet anyone on this board we walk out with a W, 10-1 odds, and no im not drinking kool aid either

Do these 10-1 odds include the possibility of Wisconsin having Russell Wilson at quarterback, the senior from NC State?

Nothing is for sure yet, but let's say that Wisconsin does get Wilson. He's had a lot of experience, he's played in big games and he's got skill. Wisconsin's biggest problem this year is going to be quarterback, and if they get Wilson I believe they're going to be a very dangerous team.

If they don't get Wilson then I feel better about the game. But regardless, Madison is a tough environment and Wisconsin is a very physical football team. We haven't faced that kind of running attack in years. They're a much better team than you're giving them credit for.