Legends' Division

6. Minnesota

2010: 3-9 (2-6)

Offense: 6

The Gophers will have to replace Adam Weber who has had a good career at Minnesota. Last year Weber threw for 2,679 yards and 20 TD's. Things are looking up though because MarQueis Gray looks to take over the offense as he has become the talk of the spring. The top two running backs are back in DeLeon Eskridge and Duane Bennett.

Rising star Da'Jon McKnight is back after having a solid season last year catching 10 TD's. After McKnight though, there is not another receiver who is back with any production under their belt. Tight end Eric Lair will try and help the passing game as he is back after a 526 yard and 2 TD season. Minnesota will also have to find a new kicker as Eric Ellestad has graduated.

Defense: 8

Jewhan Edwards who lead the team in sacks is gone along with two solid secondary players in Kyle Turet and Ryan Collado. That being said the Gophers will be able to build on eight returning starters. Gary Tinsley who lead the team in tackles last year is back, and so is linebacker Mike Rallis. These two will have to carry the load with no play makers around them.

Top Recruits - Tommy Olson, OG Kyle McAvoy, OT Jephette Matilus, LB

:star Key Game: Oct. 8 @Purdue (Lost 28-17 in 2010; one of two games they could win in conference.)

5. Northwestern

2010: 7-6 (3-5)

Offense: 9

Unlike the Leaders' division, from spot 5 on down in the Legends', it is pretty wide open. If Quarterback Dan Persa can stay healthy this team can be a sleeper in the Big 10. Running back Mike Trumpy has emerged as the clear number one, but their isn't any depth behind him or if Persa goes down with another injury.

Wide receiver Jeremy Ebert is back after leading the team in yards and TD's. His 953 yard, 8 TD season has him one of the top receivers in the Legends' division. His sidekick Sidney Stewart is gone now so the Wildcats need another receiver to emerge. They will have some help in tight end Drake Dunsmore as he caught 5 TD's in 2010.

Defense: 7

Quentin Davie, Nate Williams, and Corbin Bryant will be missed, but this defense could also surprise people this year. Defensive end Vince Browne had 7 sacks last year and safety Brian Peters had 107 tackles and 3 INT's. Cornerback Jordan Mabin and defensive tackle Jack DiNardo are two other names to look out for the upcoming season.

Top Recruits - Christian Jones, WR Jack Konopka, OT Shane Mertz, OT

:star Key Game: Oct. 1 @Illinois (Lost 48-27 to their rival at Wrigley Field in 2010.)

4. Michigan

2010: 7-6 (3-5)

Offense: 9

New head coach Brady Hoke will fall into plenty of offensive talent this year. Lead by Denard Robinson who threw for 18 TD's and also ran for 14 TD's is back. Will he let "Shoelace" run wild or implement his pro style offense? They also have their top two running backs back in Vincent Smith and Michael Shaw. These two combined for over rushing 1,000 yards and 14 TD's.

The receiving corps is also stacked, which is lead by rising star Roy Roundtree. He had a team high 953 yards and 7 TD's last season. Darryl Stronum and Junior Hemmingway will also take some heat off of the running game as they each had productive seasons. No matter the system these receivers should have another good year.

Defense: 8

Like offense almost all key players are back on defense as well. Jonas Mouton is the only missed player as he lead the team in tackles with 117. Defensive tackle Mike Martin will be one of the conference's best, and defensive end Ryan Van Bergen returns with 4 sacks. Hoke will have a tough task in teaching this secondary a new system of defense because the 3-3-5 didn't work.

Top Recruits - Justice Hayes, RB Chris Barnett, TE Blake Countess, DB

:star Key Game: Nov. 12 @Illinois (Won 67-65 at home in a 3OT thriller last season.)

3. Iowa

2010: 8-5 (4-4)

Offense: 4

James Vandenberg will take over the reigns as quarterback Ricky Stanzi has graduated and left to the NFL. Vandenberg played well in 2009 when he filled in at Ohio State when they lost in OT, but will need to stay consistent. Depth will be the main concern at running back since Adam Robinson and Jewel Hampton might not be back due to allegations off the field, but freshman Marcus Coker had a ridiculous 219 yard game against Mizzou in the bowl game. Iowa also has a solid offensive line lead by NFL ready Riley Reiff.

Iowa's all-time leading receiver DJK has graduated, but Marvin McNutt is turning into a special wide receiver. He will need some help because tight end Allen Reisner is also gone, but the Hawkeyes are known for reproducing this position. Wide receiver Keenan Davis has had a solid spring and looks to be the No. 2 guy.

Defense: 5

The front seven of this defense will have to do some heavy repairing now that Adrian Clayborn, Karl Klug, and Jeremiah Hunter are gone. Mike Daniels and Kyle Neilsen look to take over and lead. The secondary has to replace two safeties, but a position change in Micah Hyde should help. The Hawks' also boast one of the nation's top corners in Shaun Prater.

Top Recruits - Rodney Coe, ATH Austin Blythe, OL Ray Hamilton, TE

:star Key Game: Oct. 15 v.s. Northwestern (Lost 21-17 last year; haven't beaten the Wildcats since 2007.)

2. Michigan State

2010: 10-2 (7-1)

Offense: 6

Quarterback Kirk Cousins leads this offense coming off a 2,825 yard, 20 TD season. He will also have two solid running backs behind him in Edwin Baker and Le'Veon Bell. To help protect Cousins and lead these running backs left tackle D.J. Young and guard Joel Foreman return. Accurate kicker Dan Konroy also returns.

Leading receiver Mark Dell is gone along with solid tight end Charlie Gantt, but receiver B.J. Cunningham returns with his 9 TD's. This unit will need plenty of inexperienced players to emerge. Tony Lippet might see time at both receiver and defense with his play making abilities. He had a 57 yard TD during the spring game.

Defense: 6

Greg Jones and his team leading 106 tackles will be missed, but this team has other solid options this year. Defensive tackle Jerel Worthy will be a force up front as he returns his 4 sacks. They also return corner Johnny Adams and Trenton Robinson who had 4 INT's. Chris Norman looks to lead the linebackers with his experience.

Top Recruits - Brandon Clemons, OL Lawrence Thomas, LB Juwan Caeser, WR

:star Key Game: Nov. 12 @Iowa (Embarrassed 37-6 at home in their only conference loss last year.)

1. Nebraska

2010: 10-4 (6-2)*

Offense: 7

Inconsistency was the key theme for this Husker offense as T-Magic had a more than impressive start, but with injuries he struggled hard down the stretch. Running back Roy Helu is gone, but Rex Burkhead is more than ready to carry the load for this team. He will be joined by three incoming freshmen playmakers in Aaron Green, Braylon Heard, and Ameer Abdullah. To help solve the inconsistency new offensive coordinator Tim Beck must mold this offensive line into shape.

Good news for the receiving unit is that Brandon Kinnie is back, but no other receiver caught more than one reception last season. Freshman Jamal Turner showed he can easily be the No. 2 guy as he made a 49 yard TD reception in the spring game. Speedster Kenny Bell has been in high praises as well with Stanley Jean-Baptise and Quincy Enunwa. Tight end Kyler Reed will stretch the field once again as he caught 8 TD's in 2010. The Huskers will also have to find another kicker as all-time accurate kicker Alex Henery is gone.

The Blackshirts are going to miss Prince Amukamara and Eric Hagg from the secondary, but this defense will be a force once again. Linebacker Lavonte David returns with a school record 152 tackles along with defensive tackle Jared Crick who comes back with a team-high 9.5 sacks. Alfonzo Dennard will be one of the nation's best lock down corners as well. Former linebacker Eric Martin has changed his position to defensive end and has been a menace all spring.

Top Recruits - Aaron Green, RB Jamal Turner, ATH Tyler Moore, OT

:star Key Game: Oct. 1 @Wisconsin (It will be the Husker's first ever Big 10 game at a rowdy Camp Randall Stadium.)

• Fire 1

Yes very nice. I know you laid it out, but in the Leaders I dont see Oh St above Wiskey or P St. Thats a tight one there. But I would give it to Wiskey with P St. really pushing them.

In the Legends, I see Iowa making a strong push, along with Nebraska and I am not as sure about Mich St, but admit I still have some more to look at with them. They were highly over rated last year and it showed. Two teams I am also thinking could be bringing more of a game this year are Purdue and Mich. I dont think they go real far but I think they pull an upset or two and will take care of the ones they are supposed to win (basic improvment).

Yes very nice. I know you laid it out, but in the Leaders I dont see Oh St above Wiskey or P St. Thats a tight one there. But I would give it to Wiskey with P St. really pushing them.

In the Legends, I see Iowa making a strong push, along with Nebraska and I am not as sure about Mich St, but admit I still have some more to look at with them. They were highly over rated last year and it showed. Two teams I am also thinking could be bringing more of a game this year are Purdue and Mich. I dont think they go real far but I think they pull an upset or two and will take care of the ones they are supposed to win (basic improvment).

Nebraska has the best chance to win the Big 10, and that's being unbiased. It was Ohio St. but with all their problems I have Nebraska ahead of them. We have the best defense in the league, but again our offense has a lot to prove. Wisconsin loses a little too much for me to put them ahead of Ohio St, and Penn State doesn't have enough talent to win the division IMO. And yes I agree, Michigan will knock a few good teams off with their play makers. Iowa will have a solid O-Line, but their depth is a concern overall. If they stay healthy they can be dangerous though.

Hunter, yes there are some issues with putting Nebraska as the front runner, I choose not to call that out.

Big E, Oh St losses to much, I am not sure they go with out a loss before they hit conf games. I fully expect Nebraska to beat them. And this is even if the punishment stays where it is, I have Oh St dropping 3 to 4. (I also think they get hit a little harder than what they "self imposed".

Wiskey's biggest ? is a qb, and lets face it that is not their stong point anyway. They will still have a very good O line and some talent at rb, this takes alot of pressure of the qb and lets him build confidence, they wont need a deep threat, just a dink and dunk (TE's). They are known for having excellent TE's. Their D could have used some tweaking anyway and might drop a bit with some upfront losses, but not a whole lot, they boast pretty good lines year after year. Since they have been playing better, their recruiting has showed, they are getting to where they reload on the positions nessessary for the style ball they play. They are also one team that has had no bad news in the offseason. I think the loss to TCU put a chip on those big boys shoulders and it's been pin your ears back from the first day back.

P St. is loaded. Infact some would say they have their best shot, at the best season, that they have had in awhile. But I to just dont see it, if you look hard you will see what I am saying, but like you said, I just dont know if it's enough. I think they make a good showing, or if Oh St stays where I have them and Wiskey drops 1 or 2 that they shouldnt, P St could be making a push for it. If they come out swinging early in the season, watch out. If you add some confidence to that bunch they could make a push. Staying healthy will be a big deal for them.

Iowa is going to be tough, we got to see just what kind of depth they did have last year and those 3rd and 4th's were pretty darn good and got plenty of snaps. I like Vandy, kid has a laser. I am most peaked by what changes they have made in player position, makes me think they are sitting pretty good on D and as you said return a pretty stout O, even with Vandys lack of game time. I think they have the O figured out and the secondary clicking, the D line is where my concern lies. They like to rush 4 and I know they have some promising lineman, but thats all, it would have been nice to get a better look at the starting front 4.

I think Mich has put together some talent and now has a direction, thats interesting. Dennard has run the ball in the B10 before, but I think new coaches see a major issue with letting him do it as much as he is used to. He goes, they are done. I see a momentary uptick in their D, but not a sustained one. Changing systems on dennard, new coaches, and a D that has more to prove than any other B10 team make them hard to take seriously as a front runner. They return alot of talent, but that talent was not properly worked with last year, to think they sorted it out in one year is a little naive. I see their O and their D improving and headed in the right direction, but they cant undo all the damage that fast.

1. Nebraska

Inconsistency was the key theme for this Husker offense as T-Magic had a more than impressive start, but with injuries he struggled hard down the stretch. Running back Roy Helu is gone, but Rex Burkhead is more than ready to carry the load for this team. He will be joined by three incoming freshmen playmakers in Aaron Green, Braylon Heard, and Ameer Abdullah. To help solve the inconsistency new offensive coordinator Tim Beck must mold this offensive line into shape.

Good news for the receiving unit is that Brandon Kinnie is back, but no other receiver caught more than one reception last season. Freshman Jamal Turner showed he can easily be the No. 2 guy as he made a 49 yard TD reception in the spring game. Speedster Kenny Bell has been in high praises as well with Stanley Jean-Baptise and Quincy Enunwa. Tight end Kyler Reed will stretch the field once again as he caught 8 TD's in 2010. The Huskers will also have to find another kicker as all-time accurate kicker Alex Henery is gone.

The Blackshirts are going to miss Prince Amukamara and Eric Hagg from the secondary, but this defense will be a force once again. Linebacker Lavonte David returns with a school record 152 tackles along with defensive tackle Jared Crick who comes back with a team-high 9.5 sacks. Alfonzo Dennard will be one of the nation's best lock down corners as well. Former linebacker Eric Martin has changed his position to defensive end and has been a menace all spring.

:star Key Game: Oct. 1 @Wisconsin (It will be the Husker's first ever Big 10 game at a rowdy Camp Randall Stadium.)

I think Jamal Turner will be the #1 guy.

Hunter, yes there are some issues with putting Nebraska as the front runner, I choose not to call that out.

Big E, Oh St losses to much, I am not sure they go with out a loss before they hit conf games. I fully expect Nebraska to beat them. And this is even if the punishment stays where it is, I have Oh St dropping 3 to 4. (I also think they get hit a little harder than what they "self imposed".

Wiskey's biggest ? is a qb, and lets face it that is not their stong point anyway. They will still have a very good O line and some talent at rb, this takes alot of pressure of the qb and lets him build confidence, they wont need a deep threat, just a dink and dunk (TE's). They are known for having excellent TE's. Their D could have used some tweaking anyway and might drop a bit with some upfront losses, but not a whole lot, they boast pretty good lines year after year. Since they have been playing better, their recruiting has showed, they are getting to where they reload on the positions nessessary for the style ball they play. They are also one team that has had no bad news in the offseason. I think the loss to TCU put a chip on those big boys shoulders and it's been pin your ears back from the first day back.

P St. is loaded. Infact some would say they have their best shot, at the best season, that they have had in awhile. But I to just dont see it, if you look hard you will see what I am saying, but like you said, I just dont know if it's enough. I think they make a good showing, or if Oh St stays where I have them and Wiskey drops 1 or 2 that they shouldnt, P St could be making a push for it. If they come out swinging early in the season, watch out. If you add some confidence to that bunch they could make a push. Staying healthy will be a big deal for them.

Iowa is going to be tough, we got to see just what kind of depth they did have last year and those 3rd and 4th's were pretty darn good and got plenty of snaps. I like Vandy, kid has a laser. I am most peaked by what changes they have made in player position, makes me think they are sitting pretty good on D and as you said return a pretty stout O, even with Vandys lack of game time. I think they have the O figured out and the secondary clicking, the D line is where my concern lies. They like to rush 4 and I know they have some promising lineman, but thats all, it would have been nice to get a better look at the starting front 4.

I think Mich has put together some talent and now has a direction, thats interesting. Dennard has run the ball in the B10 before, but I think new coaches see a major issue with letting him do it as much as he is used to. He goes, they are done. I see a momentary uptick in their D, but not a sustained one. Changing systems on dennard, new coaches, and a D that has more to prove than any other B10 team make them hard to take seriously as a front runner. They return alot of talent, but that talent was not properly worked with last year, to think they sorted it out in one year is a little naive. I see their O and their D improving and headed in the right direction, but they cant undo all the damage that fast.

Problem for Wisconsin - They lose 2 1st Team All-American O-Linemen. I know they reproduce but that is a MAJOR loss. They also lose TE Lance Hendricks who was a 2nd Team All-American, and J.J. Watt was a 2nd Team All-American.

1. Nebraska

I think Jamal Turner will be the #1 guy.

He won't overtake Kinnie. Turner may have more athletic ability but Kinnie has two years of experience at the position plus a leadership role to settle into for the younger guys.

• Fire 1

Problem for Wisconsin - They lose 2 1st Team All-American O-Linemen. I know they reproduce but that is a MAJOR loss. They also lose TE Lance Hendricks who was a 2nd Team All-American, and J.J. Watt was a 2nd Team All-American.

As I said they reload pretty well. They are very good at developing talent. They like to mix things up and have two players who compliment each other for key positions (one qwicker and one bigger). A good example is Beau Allen, he is projected to play DE, if they come across a team that wants to run the ball. He's 6'3 and about 320. He is a tackle but they are so stacked at tackle right now, they are just looking for a place to put this kid. So if they are not even concidering a kid this size and athletics to fill a hole in the O line or D line, you have to figure they must be sitting pretty good on the inside lines, even with the losses you mentioned. I am more than confident, they will not have a huge drop this year. This is exactly why rb's are at a premium in the b10. It's like a train wreck every time you try and run the ball. Yet if you cant run you cant win and if you cant stop the run, you cant win. This situation is kind of what I was saying about Iowa, if you watch not only the moves they did make, but also the ones they did'nt you can get a much better picture of things. I would throw a couple moves (or lack of) in the b10 out for ya, that I find very interesting, but I am just going to sit on it for now and see what the summer brings. If they develope the way I think they will, I promise I will throw the names out here before the season starts, and we will see if I was right and they turn out to be beasts.