Look at B10 QBs

My confidence in the secondary comes from three things:

One, I think Dennard will be a shut-down corner this year, taking away the other team's top WR.

Two, I think between the bevy of young guys we have, that ONE at least will step forward and perform well on the other side.

Three, I think that we won't see any passing attack even remotely as sophisticated as we've seen from the likes of Texas Tech, Missouri, Oklahoma State or even Oklahoma/Texas.

I have high hopes for Corey Raymond and I believe he has the knowledge to be a good coach. If he can adequately teach what he knows, we're in good shape.

If Dennard can mitigate the threat posed by the best guy we face next year, I have few worries that our remaining guys will be as good/better than the rest of the WR corps we will face in the Big Ten. Combine that with what should be a very good D Line capable of creating pressure and a LB the caliber of LaVonte David capable of taking away the hot read and you've got a recipe for a nation's-best pass defense.

While I understand where you are coming from, you better take a harder look at M St. If you think Wash, ran all over you, guess what these boys can get it done, add in a good qb and you have lightning. These boys can put up some points. T-mart better be on his game. AND better be a better passer, or you will not get it done. Iowa only beat them because they took away the run. Something the Huskers are not used to OR very good at defending. I am sure you can shut down their pass game... but that aint gonna cut it.

While I understand where you are coming from, you better take a harder look at M St. If you think Wash, ran all over you, guess what these boys can get it done, add in a good qb and you have lightning. These boys can put up some points. T-mart better be on his game. AND better be a better passer, or you will not get it done. Iowa only beat them because they took away the run. Something the Huskers are not used to OR very good at defending. I am sure you can shut down their pass game... but that aint gonna cut it.

Honestly, how many Husker games have you watched? Two? Three? Parts of three, maybe?

Throw the Washington game out entirely. Nothing that happened in that game was remotely indicative of what you'll see from Nebraska this year. Not remotely. We had players mentally checked out of that game weeks before it started. It's embarrassing, it's a horrible excuse, but that's the reality.

We have the tools to get the job done against the run, don't worry. We played some pretty capable running teams last year and we had a down year and we still finished middle-of-the-pack in Rushing Yards Allowed.

But more to the point, we finished ninth in Scoring Defense. Bo's philosophy, unsexy as it is, is to "bend but don't break." We tend to give up too many yards but we're stingy on points.

The most important thing to remember is that Bo Knows Defense. He tailored his DEF the last few years to stop the pass-happy Spread offenses we faced in the Big XII. That's going to change, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have scheming those changes than Pelini. And Pelini. We have two, actually.

I can't say we'll shut everyone down. Of course we won't. But I can guarantee you we'll be able to severely hamper the passing attack of anyone in the Big Ten.

Honestly, if the Big 10 teams are looking at our defense thinking that's where they're going to beat us, then we're going to stomp the conference this year. It's our offense, folks, that's our weakness. Our defense is going to be the strongest unit (offense, defense, or special teams) in the Big 10.

• Fire 1