Look at B10 QBs

He has TM ranked at 5th just ahead of Iowa's QB and gives him some good running props.

5. Taylor Martinez, Nebraska: This was a tough one, and Martinez earned the spot mostly through his experience under center; he has more than those listed earlier. He was 116-196 for 1631 yards, 10 passing touchdowns and 7 INTs last year. Hes not a great passer, not hardly. If its third and long, its about ready to be 4th and punt. However, his legs…those legs is what makes him dangerous and I am excited to see if he can run the way he did last year in a league that prides itself on defense. He ran for 965 yards and at times proved to be as dynamic as Michigans Denard Robinson…but Robinson is a much better thrower. If we run these rankings at the end of the year, Martinez probably drops a few spots because I think there are better QUARTERBACKS in the traditional sense of the word who will bloom, but dont yet have as much experience to earn this slot.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/football/best-in-the-b1g-quarterbacks

eta: The Minnesota writers take on the QBs http://www.thedailygopher.com/2011/5/11/2112925/minnesota-gopher-football-ranking-the-big-ten-qbs-for-2011

I somewhat agree with them. But I will strongly disagree with the last statement. The last statement about "other QBs shining" shows an Iowa bias. They are clearly refering to their hope for Vandenberg to be who they think he is.

Ill give you my take: TMart will be the best QB on the field in each Big Ten game we play because the Blackshirts will make each one of the other QBs look pedestrian at best. Especially when we get Joe Williams here on campus. Then we will have two future high round draft picks at each corner position. A lot of people think we will see a huge drop off in secondary play with all of our loses and Sanders moving on. I really don't think we have anything to worry about. We still have a lot of experienced guys that saw better WR-ing cores and QB play last year than what they are going to see this year.

Ill give you my take: TMart will be the best QB on the field in each Big Ten game we play because the Blackshirts will make each one of the other QBs look pedestrian at best. Especially when we get Joe Williams here on campus. Then we will have two future high round draft picks at each corner position. A lot of people think we will see a huge drop off in secondary play with all of our loses and Sanders moving on. I really don't think we have anything to worry about. We still have a lot of experienced guys that saw better WR-ing cores and QB play last year than what they are going to see this year.

Amen. I have zero worries about anyone in the Big Ten passing against us. They had damned well better be able to run the ball or they will be three-and-out over and over and over and over.

Between Fonzie, Evans, Washington and Green we will be just fine at CB, and with Cassidy, Smith, Osborne and (possibly) Stafford our Safeties will be more than up to the task. Our secondary will instantly be the best or second-best in the Big Ten (Ohio State being the possible exception).

Amen. I have zero worries about anyone in the Big Ten passing against us. They had damned well better be able to run the ball or they will be three-and-out over and over and over and over.

Between Fonzie, Evans, Washington and Green we will be just fine at CB, and with Cassidy, Smith, Osborne and (possibly) Stafford our Safeties will be more than up to the task. Our secondary will instantly be the best or second-best in the Big Ten (Ohio State being the possible exception).

Why the possibly in front of Stafford's name Knapplc? Do you know something I don't?

Why the possibly in front of Stafford's name Knapplc? Do you know something I don't?

It's only there because we've never seen him play at this level. I believe I said the same things about Gomes and David, and they turned out to be studs. I think Stafford will, too, but you never know. Bo can't be right all the time.

No hope for Corey Cooper?

No hope for Corey Cooper?

Nah, there's just too many guys to list. If you think about all the guys we have and all the hype they all came with, it would take a bizarre confluence of FAIL for them all to fall short of their promise. If none of the guys I listed in my quick reply up there get it done, someone behind them will.

Face it - we're loaded in the secondary. And the D Line. And (maybe) at LB.

We're kinda loaded everywhere on the DEF.

• Fire 1

OTOH, you are pretty high on Washington and Green ;)

We do have a lot of talented recruits rising up in the secondary. However, we do have a lot of names in that WR corps too, and it's turned out to be more of a corpse than corps. So far. Fortunately I think we are far better with coaching on the defensive side of the ball and secondary in particular.