Once I finish Portal 2 campaign and co-op campaign, I think I'm going to get L.A. Noire. I've a lot of really good things about it. The only reason I bought Portal 2 over L.A. Noire was because Noire was just released last night at midnight.

If anybody does get it, fill us in on your experience so far!

Got it for 360.

Has 3 discs. The facial motion capture really draws you in, the acting and voice acting are like none other.

I'm on the 3rd disc and can't put it down. It's 90% hunting for clues and interrogating, which is a very clever scheme they have built for this game, using the facial motion captures to try to tell if your suspect is lying.

It has a few guys from "Mad Men" who act in it which is great to see them in a video game because they look so real. This game should not be compared to GTA, shooting and cover system is pretty close to it, but that's about as far as it goes. It really puts you in the spot of being a cop trying to get the bad guy to fess up to a crime.

This is one of the most original and addicting games I've played in a long time.

This should be a contender for Game of the Year.

In case you are wondering, I'm a huge fan of Red Dead, Assassin's Creed, Portal 1 & 2, GTA IV, Heavy Rain...

If you like games that really suck you into feeling like you are the main character, you should dig this one.

• Fire 1

Got it for 360.

Has 3 discs. The facial motion capture really draws you in, the acting and voice acting are like none other.

I'm on the 3rd disc and can't put it down. It's 90% hunting for clues and interrogating, which is a very clever scheme they have built for this game, using the facial motion captures to try to tell if your suspect is lying.

It has a few guys from "Mad Men" who act in it which is great to see them in a video game because they look so real. This game should not be compared to GTA, shooting and cover system is pretty close to it, but that's about as far as it goes. It really puts you in the spot of being a cop trying to get the bad guy to fess up to a crime.

This is one of the most original and addicting games I've played in a long time.

This should be a contender for Game of the Year.

In case you are wondering, I'm a huge fan of Red Dead, Assassin's Creed, Portal 1 & 2, GTA IV, Heavy Rain...

If you like games that really suck you into feeling like you are the main character, you should dig this one.

Thanks for the good insight on the game. I didn't pick up the game like I planned to because I'm an online first type of gamer and hardly play the single campaign. I really enjoyed playing Red Ded Redemption but never finished it mainly because my fat PS3 died on me.

I've read that a lot of the murder scenes are pretty gruesome so I'll be looking forward to that.

you are correct sir.

Couple of naked dead chics in it, and lots of cussing, so if anyone has kids, better keep them away from the screen.

My 6 yr old kept peeking around the corner trying to watch... grrr...

you are correct sir.

Couple of naked dead chics in it, and lots of cussing, so if anyone has kids, better keep them away from the screen.

My 6 yr old kept peeking around the corner trying to watch... grrr...

I just might have to pick this up real soon. Maybe when I get back from Vegas. Too busy getting things ready for the rummage sale this weekend and will be getting ready for my Vegas trip next week.

Keep us posted on your thoughts and your progression in the campaign Stu!!!

Are there any initial complaints or concerns for those of you who have purchased it and played it already?

Right now I don't know if its the difficulty is easy (Haven't changed any settings) but it seems as though when questioning a witness or suspect and you ask the wrong questions somehow you still mangage to solve the crime.

So far I've worked my way up to a police officer to detective and then to homicide detective. I haven't interrogated anybody at the station so I haven't seen how intense those get if they do in fact get intense. Every time you ask a witness or suspect a question and once they answer the question you have to decide whether they are telling the truth, you doubt anything they're saying, or they're completely lying.

I remember asking 4 questions and went 0-4 guessing whether they were lying or not and I still solved the crime. So maybe it'll get harder now that I'm a homicide detective or I'll have to change the difficulty settings.

But over all the game is pretty addicting and the investigation part of the game is amazing.

Right now I don't know if its the difficulty is easy (Haven't changed any settings) but it seems as though when questioning a witness or suspect and you ask the wrong questions somehow you still mangage to solve the crime.

So far I've worked my way up to a police officer to detective and then to homicide detective. I haven't interrogated anybody at the station so I haven't seen how intense those get if they do in fact get intense. Every time you ask a witness or suspect a question and once they answer the question you have to decide whether they are telling the truth, you doubt anything they're saying, or they're completely lying.

I remember asking 4 questions and went 0-4 guessing whether they were lying or not and I still solved the crime. So maybe it'll get harder now that I'm a homicide detective or I'll have to change the difficulty settings.

But over all the game is pretty addicting and the investigation part of the game is amazing.

A guy on another board I go to said the same thing. He said basically it doesn't matter how wrong you are when you ask questions, you still solve the crime anyway. Apparently it doesn't matter what level you play it on, either. He said he has yet to not solve a crime. Said he liked the game, though.

The more questions you get right, the more experience you get. When you level up you get 'Intuition points' which you can use to find clues and help you interrogate. I redid a level about five times last night because you HAD to get the interrogation right. It's true that if you get all of them wrong, the game will still progress, but you can get chewed out for charging the wrong guy.

Just when I thought it was getting repetitive, it took a turn for the worse last night (storyline wise) and now I'm excited to play again.

I think it's all about how seriously you want to try to get all the questions right. I personally really try and review the clues, and I get about 60-70% right. it does get harder as you progress also.

COMPLAINTS: When you drive to your destination you have the answer of responding to burglaries, or disputs and you can drive to them to earn bonus experience. The problem is, if you choose to do so, it seems like everytime you have drive ALL the way across town which can take a LONG freak'n time. That's the most annoying thing I've found so far. Plus, you had better have your siren on (annoying after 30 secs) other wise you will T-bone someone at every intersection.

Sometimes when you choose that the suspect is telling a 'lie', it can be hard to choose which piece of evidence proves he is lying. I hate it when I get that wrong because I really try to break it down (i'm a nerd). But i guess it'd be no fun if you got it right all the time.

My opinion of LA Noire (I haven't played it, but have read all sorts of reviews) is that it is an interesting twist to gaming.

While reading reviews, my only disappointment, and the sole reason why I will not pick this up is because your decisions don't matter. Now if the game had an open environment (similar to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2), I would pick this up in a heartbeat. For games like this, your decisions have to matter, and even if you get every question wrong, you still solve the crime.

However, the game has a great storyline and I'm sure that is enough for most people to pick it up.

My opinion of LA Noire (I haven't played it, but have read all sorts of reviews) is that it is an interesting twist to gaming.

While reading reviews, my only disappointment, and the sole reason why I will not pick this up is because your decisions don't matter. Now if the game had an open environment (similar to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2), I would pick this up in a heartbeat. For games like this, your decisions have to matter, and even if you get every question wrong, you still solve the crime.

However, the game has a great storyline and I'm sure that is enough for most people to pick it up.

I'm about halfway through the game now, as far as story cases goes anyway. The decisions you make may end up mattering later, but that could be a spoiler. Its open, but more in the way that GTA has been, where the map opens up by sections and you are free to go where ever you like, but the cases direct you to some locations. There are collectables scattered all over the absolutely massive map. The case structure being fixed and not open is for good reason, the story. If things being wide open is the end all be all for you, I'm kinda sad, you will miss what is probably the leader so far for Game of the Year.