Candidates for baseball HC?

Cervais had been mentioned :)

but IMO is far from the caliber coach that TO will recruit.

Facts:

Cervais hasn't had (as of yet) any ncaa tourney success. (again, my opinion but I think TO will look for that type of ncaa post season success first and then "if" necessary, at Bolt or other hot assistants.)

Cervais's managing skills are at best maybe third with in the Valley. Stephenson and Guttin (WSU and MSU respectively) both have better credentials.

Cervais's also tends to play a style that is not aggressive enough to win against the top talent. His chances of reaching a CWS is limited at best.

and lastly, IMO also most importantly.

Nebraska needs Creighton to remain competitive. The B1G as we all know has a very low RPI. Creighton is an annual 3 game opponent that we need. Taking Cervais away from Creighton would harm us more then help us.

Cervais had been mentioned :)

but IMO is far from the caliber coach that TO will recruit.

Facts:

Cervais hasn't had (as of yet) any ncaa tourney success. (again, my opinion but I think TO will look for that type of ncaa post season success first and then "if" necessary, at Bolt or other hot assistants.)

Cervais's managing skills are at best maybe third with in the Valley. Stephenson and Guttin (WSU and MSU respectively) both have better credentials.

Cervais's also tends to play a style that is not aggressive enough to win against the top talent. His chances of reaching a CWS is limited at best.

and lastly, IMO also most importantly.

Nebraska needs Creighton to remain competitive. The B1G as we all know has a very low RPI. Creighton is an annual 3 game opponent that we need. Taking Cervais away from Creighton would harm us more then help us.

I agree 100%. Ed Servais is a good coach and needs to stay at Creighton. We need that for our RPI. On a side note i was looking at the bracket and Illinois was the only team from the B1G to make it to the tourny with a 28-25 record.... we better win that damn conference next year. Im sure this is why Anderwatson kept saying "we are 1 year away" cuz he was just begging to get into this pud conference and put up a good record to keep his job for years to come.

McKeever is saying we've interviewed three guys:

Randy Mazey - Texas Christian

Todd Butler - Arkansas

Will Bolt - Texarkana College

LINK

You'd have to think Bolt, despite his Husker ties, is last on that list. It remains to be seen how interested the other two are, if they've truly been interviewed.

No one seems to know who it is for sure this morning. But there seems to be two different names. Heefner or Bolt. There might be a slight lean with the former but I don't know if that's because its a relatively new name or if he's the guy. I honestly dismissed him when he was brought up as he didn't make a as much sense not having any real type of tie in with the program that I'm aware of. I think either would do fine as they are both up and comers. It also wouldn't shock me if they announced Van Horns guy. I just know the culture of baseball is about to change hopefully for the better.

Personally, I'm not keen on either assistant. Mazey was dismissed for unspecified reasons from East Carolina and Butler, though highly recommended with a rich history of strong recruiting, to me is risky. Names that come to mind are John Blake (awesome recruiter, failed Head Coach) and Callawoot. (Again, awesome blue chip recruiter but crappy HC). I'm also left thinking TO isn't impressed or the announcement would have been made. Instead TO has said another week to 10 days.

Omaha paper says TO wants everything in place "soon".... expected it to all be done within 10 days.... wouldn't surprise me to see a presser very soon...

Personally, I want Bolt, but Butler would be another good guy. I still think Bolt is the leader in the clubhouse with his success and deep ties to NU. JMO

hopefully no one, from top to bottom, gets impatient. i want to see the "right" guy in place. whomever that may be. I dont want them to pick someone that isnt going to take us to the promise land or at least that doesnt have the potential to do so. i think waiting it out even if its untill the end of the cws is fine with me. I just dont want an idiot to come in here and completely change the culture and set us back another 5-10 years

hopefully no one, from top to bottom, gets impatient. i want to see the "right" guy in place. whomever that may be. I dont want them to pick someone that isnt going to take us to the promise land or at least that doesnt have the potential to do so. i think waiting it out even if its untill the end of the cws is fine with me. I just dont want an idiot to come in here and completely change the culture and set us back another 5-10 years

In case you didn't notice. Anderson already changed the culture here from what was a success.

In case you didn't notice. Anderson already changed the culture here from what was a success.

True, Very True!

There was mention of a presser tomorrow afternoon. Still trying to confirm it with someone else in the athletics inner workings. I know LJS had an article that alluded to another week of interviewing.

3:30 PM...DE

yeah...that's the best guess I think out there right now. Its extremely quiet and since everyone else is playing ball still that makes the most sense. I'm not sure its a wise decision unless he can make some changes to the staff and bring someone in to help. I just don't know how it makes us that much better. I'm actually a little surprised if it ends up being him. But it does look like all indications are leading that way.

There was mention of a presser tomorrow afternoon. Still trying to confirm it with someone else in the athletics inner workings. I know LJS had an article that alluded to another week of interviewing.

3:30 PM...DE

a presser at 330 today?

Presser at 3:30= DE

• Fire 1