Phil Steele's Preseason All Big Ten teams

Damn, Pryor got snuffed. TMart !

I wouldn't necessarily say that, but he is going to miss 5 games. That'll probably have a lot to do with it. Not surprised Martinez made in the top 4(teams that is). I just have a feeling he could very well have a field day with some of these Big Ten defenses. If he stays healthy, yadda yadda yadda...you guys know the drill.

Nice to see Rex get some love too! 2nd team!

I concerns me to only see one offensive line guy (in the #4 spot) out of the 20 players listed. Nice to see a QB, RB and tight end but going into the season the offensive line has not earned any respect. I hope they are much improved but I will say I'm concerned. I'd forgotten what I think of cotton till I saw this list. Lets hope that the new blood and new attitude result new success.

I concerns me to only see one offensive line guy (in the #4 spot) out of the 20 players listed. Nice to see a QB, RB and tight end but going into the season the offensive line has not earned any respect. I hope they are much improved but I will say I'm concerned. I'd forgotten what I think of cotton till I saw this list. Lets hope that the new blood and new attitude result new success.

despite Beck's hype, the offense is a huge question mark, once again.

despite Beck's hype, the offense is a huge question mark, once again.

I agree, I guess we will see.

Pryor should be in 2nd or 3rd team

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's considering who is going to have the stats to back up his predictions by the time the season is done.

With Pryor missing five games (including the non-con where stats often get padded very well), it's going to be very tough for Pryor to actually get there.

If he wasn't missing any games he'd probably be first team or second.

On offense if we get it together

1st team

TE ---KYler REED

T ----Yoshi

2nd Team

WR----BK

RB----Burkhead

QB----Nebraska QB

3rd & 4th Team

C-----Caputo

WR----Bell/Turner who ever breaks out

RB----One of the 3 incoming freshman

On DEFENSE

1st team

DE---Meredith

DT---Crick

LB---DAVID

CB---DENARD

2nd & 3rd team

DT---Steinkuler

LB---Compton

CB---Ciante Evans

DB---Corey Cooper

It's PATHETIC that our entire offensive line has one 4th team spot. What the hell is wrong? Perhaps we have the wrong fabric for success.

I think coaching and the fact that we have changed offenses three times under Pelini shows why we don't have successful linemen. I can't expect our linemen to run an effective offense if that offense is changing every year.

And not to beat a dead horse, but I've had my reservations about Cotton ever since he got here. On more than one occasion I've heard former players say our lines look sloppy and play with poor technique. Take it as you will, but if you watch the Holiday Bowl film, our offensive line got pushed around by a young defensive line that wasn't overly talented. Whether that was motivation, injuries, etc., it was still embarrassing and shouldn't have happened. Washington wasn't the only team that made our offensive line look bad, either.