Maurice Clarett's old comments about Tressell

So the NCAA investigated this issue and found absolutely nothing.

But because of what just happened, everything that he said actually happened? Nevermind he admitted to lying. Nevermind th NCAA did their investigation.

Yeah just believe what you want.

But because of what just happened, everything that he said actually happened? Nevermind he admitted to lying. Nevermind th NCAA did their investigation.

The NCAA investigated sCam Newton. Do you believe they found all the evidence they could find in that case?

The NCAA investigated sCam Newton. Do you believe they found all the evidence they could find in that case?

The difference being, the sCam Newton issue is still being investigated. The NCAA investigation against Clarett has been closed for 7 years now. And sCam hasn't changed what he said either saying he made things up.

The difference being, the sCam Newton issue is still being investigated. The NCAA investigation against Clarett has been closed for 7 years now. And sCam hasn't changed what he said either saying he made things up.

The difference is that Newton played for Auburn, and Clarett played for your team. You are not exhibiting an unbiased perspective here.

The difference is that Newton played for Auburn, and Clarett played for your team. You are not exhibiting an unbiased perspective here.

That means that you want to consider every program but yours guilty.

You're comparing an ongoing investigation to a 7 year old closed one where the accuser himself admits making things up as well as the NCAA finding absolutely nothing that warranted the charges.

The NCAA is still investigating whether or not Cam Newton and Auburn committed violations. Until that case is closed stating nothing happened, then this isn't the same thing. Plus, the Cam Newton story has a grain of truth due to the Miss. St. buy option. Nothing in the Clarret story came out to be true.

You're comparing an ongoing investigation to a 7 year old closed one where the accuser himself admits making things up as well as the NCAA finding absolutely nothing that warranted the charges.

The NCAA is still investigating whether or not Cam Newton and Auburn committed violations. Until that case is closed stating nothing happened, then this isn't the same thing. Plus, the Cam Newton story has a grain of truth due to the Miss. St. buy option. Nothing in the Clarret story came out to be true.

We're not talking about Nebraska, and I have made no such claims about Nebraska. If you read around this forum, you'll see that most of us believe there are shady deals going on at EVERY program, Nebraska included.

The NCAA never closes an investigation, Coqui. Everything is considered "pending" because more information can always come out. The Bush investigation is not closed, either. Just because they present findings doesn't mean they stop looking into things.

We're not talking about Nebraska, and I have made no such claims about Nebraska. If you read around this forum, you'll see that most of us believe there are shady deals going on at EVERY program, Nebraska included.

The NCAA never closes an investigation, Coqui. Everything is considered "pending" because more information can always come out. The Bush investigation is not closed, either. Just because they present findings doesn't mean they stop looking into things.

But what makes you think there were violations in the Clarrett case? There were no findings and Clarrett admitted he made them up. What information do you have that says otherwise that makes you believe Ohio State did those violations back then?

But what makes you think there were violations in the Clarrett case? There were no findings and Clarrett admitted he made them up. What information do you have that says otherwise that makes you believe Ohio State did those violations back then?

The same thing that makes me think there are violations at Nebraska, right here, right now. The same thing that makes me think there are violations at Iowa, Penn State, Michigan, Auburn, Alabama, Cal, USC, etc. It is impossible for a program with this many kids to have zero violations. Regarding Clarett specifically, I have nothing, obviously, other than his statements, and a realistic understanding of major college athletics.

Surely you're not alleging that every single thing he said is made up, that every single allegation is completely false and that he, for no reason other than spite, fabricated these lies in such detail, are you? Let's be realistic.

The same thing that makes me think there are violations at Nebraska, right here, right now. The same thing that makes me think there are violations at Iowa, Penn State, Michigan, Auburn, Alabama, Cal, USC, etc. It is impossible for a program with this many kids to have zero violations. Regarding Clarett specifically, I have nothing, obviously, other than his statements, and a realistic understanding of major college athletics.

Surely you're not alleging that every single thing he said is made up, that every single allegation is completely false and that he, for no reason other than spite, fabricated these lies in such detail, are you? Let's be realistic.

So....you believe when he said Ohio State did those things, but you don't believe him saying he made it all up? I'm not so naive to assume that players don't do bad things....but we're talking specifically about Clarrett in this thread...and he said himself he made it up. That's enough for me. (Again, there's no incentive for him to change stories now)

Your saying Clarett didn't get a car for playing?

I'm saying, if you're going to believe one article from the horse's mouth, you need to believe the next article from same said mouth. You can't pick and choose what you want.

I believed it was possible back then and hoped it wasn't. It was found to be false according to the NCAA investigation and internal investigation. Once the NCAA cleared it, I believed it was false. Now Clarrett himself said it was false.

I'm saying, if you're going to believe one article from the horse's mouth, you need to believe the next article from same said mouth. You can't pick and choose what you want.

I believed it was possible back then and hoped it wasn't. It was found to be false according to the NCAA investigation and internal investigation. Once the NCAA cleared it, I believed it was false. Now Clarrett himself said it was false.

Where did he say this?

So....you believe when he said Ohio State did those things, but you don't believe him saying he made it all up? I'm not so naive to assume that players don't do bad things....but we're talking specifically about Clarrett in this thread...and he said himself he made it up. That's enough for me. (Again, there's no incentive for him to change stories now)

Would you believe that nothing happened if MoC had played at TSUN? Don't you think it's possible you're viewing this in the absolute best possible light for OSU?

Remember that there is no rivalry nor history between Nebraska and Ohio State. I have no animosity toward OSU and no reason to believe the worst out of spite. Ohio State looking bad doesn't help my school in the least.

Where did he say this?

http://sports.ap.org/college-football/story?id=pdda4c159f21e4fa98def39b35acaa79e

"There's no secret regime, there's no secret congregation of people who sit around at Ohio State who gives young guys money," Clarett said Wednesday on The Dan Patrick Show. "Anything that any player goes and gets is all based on him and who he meets in the community. The coaches and the university have no control over what the young guy's doing."

"There wasn't any coach or any booster or any member in or around Ohio State who helps you get a car," Clarett said, recalling his own time on campus. "It doesn't go on. It's just guys doing what they want to. People will forever do what they want to. It's nothing more than young guys making mistakes."