B1G chooses Indy for championship

Selfish reasons only, but Soldier Field would be Awesome......

Well, I am getting the picture from the article that it will circulate every four

years b/t Indy and Chicago (Soldier Field) right?

I think you're right. Chi-town is just closer for me and despite the elements, it would be a great venue....

What?! No more Dallas!?

What an outrage.

Before you get too excited...

Miles (from Google Maps):

Lincoln to Dallas: 640 Miles

Lincoln to Indy: 641 Miles

Austin to Dallas: 199 Miles

Columbus to Indy: 176 Miles

Just saying....

Well, they weren't going to have it in F'ing Des Moines-that this should have been a given. Besides, Columbus is a non issue for the next few years anyhow, and it might be longer than that.

I don't understand this response...

Lincoln is on the far western edge of the conference and OSU is going on probation/bowl ban/CCG ban(?) for several years. Capisce?

What?! No more Dallas!?

What an outrage.

Just saying....

Well, they weren't going to have it in F'ing Des Moines-that this should have been a given. Besides, Columbus is a non issue for the next few years anyhow, and it might be longer than that.

I don't understand this response...

Lincoln is on the far western edge of the conference and OSU is going on probation/bowl ban/CCG ban(?) for several years. Capisce?

Actually no, for a couple reasons (1) may have to do with I am drunk and taking prescription medication at the same time (never a good idea) (2) you are referring to cities that are school cities, none of which ever came up, the poster was analogizing Texas to OSU in distance travel and how far Nebraska has to go for the CCG. He was saying "hey look its not all roses we still have to travel far as sh#t even if it were held in Texas and the Texas of the BiG (tOSU) just has to jog over to the site." At least thats what I thought he was saying. So no, i don't understand what you were getting at and I apologize if I am a bit stubborn here as I said mixing my meds and beer not such a good idea.

What?! No more Dallas!?

What an outrage.

Just saying....

Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about a team from Columbus going to the CCG anytime soon. If OSU does make it to the CCG I for one will be extremely impressed.

What?! No more Dallas!?

What an outrage.

Just saying....

Probably should put the mileage from Wisky or PSU - not OSU.

Indy is a great City for this. Lot's to do downtown (restaurants, bars, etc) and they are used to hosting big events (final fours, Big 10 BBall, Indy 500). For some reason I believe Indy does not have a lot of hotels downtown so either prices will be high or you'll have to go on the outskirts.

Hotels arent bad. They are used to huge events, so there will be plenty of room. Remember they have the raceway also.

Which I will be there the end of Aug for MotoGP. I am paying $970 for round trip tickets, a hotel and a cadallac cts from Wed night to Mon morning. The hotel is 5 star to. Reasonable if you ask me.

Well we did have a run with Kansas city for awhile.

Now we are back to the snow for the CCG. Pack your parkas.

????

Indy in inside, but you will need a parka for any activities

The whole downtown will be connected by indoor walking tunnels over the streets by this fall. I was there this past Feb. for a conference and I would guess 85% of it or more was already complete. I think I only put on a coat once as the hotel, convention center, arena, restaurants etc were all connected by these tunnels. (Go to Mo's Steakhouse if you want a kick ass steak). There are plenty of hotel rooms as the area is able to handle both NBA and NFL games and multiple conventions in the same weekend. I think the Westin ran me like $175-200 a night which is a bargain if you compare it to down town Lincoln in the fall.