Offensive Recruits to Watch

The following players are offensive recruits that we are recruiting the hardest. A (+) indicates a high chance that Nebraska can snag them.

Quarterback - Need 1

Tommy Armstrong - :star :star :star (+)

Devin Fuller - :star :star :star :star (+)

Steve Donatell - :star :star :star

Anthony Alford - :star :star :star :star

Jameis Winston - :star :star :star :star

Running Back - Need 0

None

Wide Receiver - Need 1

Kenny Lawler - :star :star :star :star (+)

Monty Madaris - :star :star :star (+)

Alton Howard - :star :star :star :star

Amara Darboh - :star :star :star :star

D.J. Foster - :star :star :star :star

Tight End - Need 1-2

Orlando David - :star :star :star (+)

Christo Kourtzidis - :star :star :star :star (+) (Committed to FSU)

Jonathan Curry - :star :star :star

Sean Price - :star :star :star :star (Committed to USF)

Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick - :star :star :star :star (Committed To USC)

Offensive Line - Need 3

Andrus Peat - :star :star :star :star :star (+)

Paul Thurston - :star :star :star :star (+) (committed)

Mike Shoff - NR - No Offer Yet (+)

Evan Boehm - :star :star :star :star (Committed to Missouri)

Ronnie Stanley - :star :star :star :star

Jordan Simmons - :star :star :star :star

Evan Goodman - :star :star :star :star

Athlete

Alonzo Moore - NR

• Fire 3

I think the most likely player to commit the first here is Paul Thurston. Ain't he planning to make a decision by the end f the month? Would sure love it though if Lawler had a change of heart or if Armstrong pulled the trigger early,

Yeah the end of July. He has been really quiet so he could be a nice surprise.

I am not sure the staff is considering taking up to 2 more WR's with Westerkamp on board already. Considering the numbers, I am betting they want 1 more at WR. I also don't think they would take more than 1 TE with the JUCO TE basically ready to go. Adding 2 Fr. TE's would make 4 total on scholarship through the 2012 season, not to mention there are a couple of Walk Ons that will most likely be able to contribute. I think with larger numbers available in the 2013 class, they could take 2 TE's then to bring the number up to 4 on scholarship if they wanted to. Just speculation on my part though.

I am not sure the staff is considering taking up to 2 more WR's with Westerkamp on board already. Considering the numbers, I am betting they want 1 more at WR. I also don't think they would take more than 1 TE with the JUCO TE basically ready to go. Adding 2 Fr. TE's would make 4 total on scholarship through the 2012 season, not to mention there are a couple of Walk Ons that will most likely be able to contribute. I think with larger numbers available in the 2013 class, they could take 2 TE's then to bring the number up to 4 on scholarship if they wanted to. Just speculation on my part though.

I should have specified, they want to add 1 more with Westerkamp, to make 2 total. I'll change it so it's not so confusing.

I think Devin Fuller would be a real valuable player to get in the class as an athlete. I always like when they can find a player or two who will sign on as an athlete as it makes it easier to complete the puzzle when your missing pieces. Call it a joker that works with any hand your dealt....aces, straights or flushes. Haag and Reed are good examples. Turner looks to be another. Fuller could be a future joker.

I think Devin Fuller would be a real valuable player to get in the class as an athlete. I always like when they can find a player or two who will sign on as an athlete as it makes it easier to complete the puzzle when your missing pieces. Call it a joker that works with any hand your dealt....aces, straights or flushes. Haag and Reed are good examples. Turner looks to be another. Fuller could be a future joker.

I think everyone has him and Peat at the top of their priority list haha. I was just writing you I think will commit first.

To me, Fuller is the one I would really like to see as an Offensive Skill Player for the reasons already mentioned. He just looks like a playmaker. O-Line is the bread and butter though on O so Peat is 1a and Fuller is 1b in my book. Tommy A. is a great prospect and I would try to take him and Fuller if I could, as mentioned you could count him as an Athlete to fill either WR or QB at the minimum.

• Fire 1

The best shot at WR for Nebraska is Kenny Lawler, he will be camping with us along with his Dad. Devin Fuller has said he will visit Lincoln sometime in July.

Lawler is a great WR but don't count on him making it if he commits. He barely has a 2.4 gpa... Which means he needs a higher than normal ACT/SAT score and some major classroom work.