Cody Green opens up about transfer

I wish Cody would disabuse himself of the notion of going to the NFL as a QB. You can't make it into the NFL simply by being a nice guy and a good teammate. Much as we all love Cody, he's not an NFL QB.

I never thought Josh Freeman was either though - and that was with a full 3 years of starting experience in a system tailored to him. Same goes for Greg McElroy. He was a mediocre QB who managed a game well (much like Green could be)...just had a better offense around him than Green. Taylor Yates? pfff. Last year didn't the Troy QB go in late rounds? Green has 3 years in a new system. He could be a very different QB in 3 years than he is today.

I wish Cody would disabuse himself of the notion of going to the NFL as a QB. You can't make it into the NFL simply by being a nice guy and a good teammate. Much as we all love Cody, he's not an NFL QB.

I never thought Josh Freeman was either though - and that was with a full 3 years of starting experience in a system tailored to him. Same goes for Greg McElroy. He was a mediocre QB who managed a game well (much like Green could be)...just had a better offense around him than Green. Taylor Yates? pfff. Last year didn't the Troy QB go in late rounds? Green has 3 years in a new system. He could be a very different QB in 3 years than he is today.

I also thought the same thing about Freeman. Part of me still thinks he's more smoke and mirrors than actual QB talent. :) But I just don't see Cody being cut from the same cloth as a Josh Freeman. I would be really glad to be wrong, though.

I also thought the same thing about Freeman. Part of me still thinks he's more smoke and mirrors than actual QB talent. :) But I just don't see Cody being cut from the same cloth as a Josh Freeman. I would be really glad to be wrong, though.

The difference is, all of the QB's listed above don't regularly throw the ball in the dirt 10 yards behind a wide open receiver. I wish Cody the best, and hope he proves me wrong. But at this point in time, I see 0 chance of him playing QB in the NFL.

• Fire 1

The difference is, all of the QB's listed above don't regularly throw the ball in the dirt 10 yards behind a wide open receiver. I wish Cody the best, and hope he proves me wrong. But at this point in time, I see 0 chance of him playing QB in the NFL.

Understandable. I guess I just don't want to jump to conclusions and say the kid has no chance of realizing his dream when I only witnessed him throw 56 incompletions over the course of 2 years. He didn't "regularly" throw incompletions (he only threw 27 all of last season - L. Jones had 32 in a single game against NU), let alone the ball in the dirt (turf) regularly - because Cody never got to do anything "regularly" period. He was thrown in here and there, for bits and pieces of a series or quarter. I just can't bring myself to rip on the kid right now. I certainly am with you in that I thought his ship had sailed mid season in regards to his career as a Husker. But I still think he has the potential, just not here. This isn't Joe Dialey we are talking about here. That kid "regularly" threw interceptions. Taylor "regularly" took sacks rather than throwing the ball away during the second half of the season. Cody just kind of went out there and was far from spectacular, but his worst moments were certainly better than Dailey's worst. IMO, Cody's worst moments were far better than Taylor's worst (Oklahoma) as well. Unfortunately, Cody's problem is his best moments weren't that great either.

I think he'll take the opinion of coaches and people he's worked with that actually have worked with NFL level talent than a casual fan. Cody has great size and athleticism, and a very strong arm, nobody would have said Matt Cassel was a NFL QB, but now he starts for KC.

I think he'll take the opinion of coaches and people he's worked with that actually have worked with NFL level talent than a casual fan. Cody has great size and athleticism, and a very strong arm, nobody would have said Matt Cassel was a NFL QB, but now he starts for KC.

Hey, I said Josh Freeman had no chance, too. So I know where you're coming from. Like I said, I'd be happy to be wrong. Cody's a good guy.

Cody has a chat with Sipple about many things, including Bubba, Martinez, his future and the new offense. Here's part of the conversation about the new offense:

Green said Nebraska's offense "is moving toward a direction that really didn't suit me." In other words, first-year Husker offensive coordinator Tim Beck's system may be devoid of the West Coast elements that were so prevalent in former coordinator Shawn Watson's attack, and seemed to bog it down.

Beck's system is "easier to understand, easier for the guys to take in and play fast than it was with Coach Watson and the whole West Coast-Bill Callahan era, when they had a playbook that weighed five pounds," Green said.

LINK

Green is very complimentary towards Marty, and we can put the notion that Sipple has negative energy toward Cody to rest. That was clearly a misunderstanding by people reading that article a week or so ago.

The vibe I get from Green's comments about Starling make me think Starling will take the MLB contract, so we're going to be really raw behind Martinez this year. If he goes down again, Carnes is going to have to turn into a Man overnight.

Cody had good things to say about Martinez' development later in the article. Seems like Martinez is progressing. It just remains to be seen how much, and how much better he can be delivering the ball and making decisions. Carnes, allegedly, has the tools. If he has the mental part down and Martinez falters, it'll be interesting to see if they give Carnes the ball.

Here's Sipple interviewing Green on camera:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/vmix_25e64450-436d-5041-8833-214f59644756.html

Cody Green is a damn good guy. Taylor Martinez mania just engulfed most huskers fans, for the first 6 wks of the season. We are sorely gonna miss him this year when TM starts pussing out about 1 or 2 games into the BIG schedule. Just who is it that is number 2 at QB right now? Sounds like we love Jamaal at WR, Bubba would be not thinking straight if he shows up(let alone a freshman), so now what????

Cody Green is a damn good guy. Taylor Martinez mania just engulfed most huskers fans, for the first 6 wks of the season. We are sorely gonna miss him this year when TM starts pussing out about 1 or 2 games into the BIG schedule. Just who is it that is number 2 at QB right now? Sounds like we love Jamaal at WR, Bubba would be not thinking straight if he shows up(let alone a freshman), so now what????

We have Carnes and I think there's a good chance he would have been the number 2 whether or not Green was here.

"Pussing out" ??

What crystal ball are you gazing into?

"Pussing out" ??

Language!

mouth1.jpg

"Pussing out" ??

It's the crystal ball where playing through a bad ankle and turf toe while an entire state rips you to shreds for the rumors that you want to transfer makes you a wuss.

• Fire 1

"Pussing out" ??

It's the crystal ball where playing through a bad ankle and turf toe while an entire state rips you to shreds for the rumors that you want to transfer makes you a wuss.

Yeah, that's it. C. Green quits the team and everybody is wishing him nothing but the best and state what a "class" guy he is. Tmart is still a Husker and is daily dissed for being a huge POS. Makes nothing but sense.

The "greatest fans in America".......lol!!

• Fire 1