Big Ten Top Linebackers of the 2000's

Again, I say, it was nice to be included, but agree it shouldn't have included a Nebraska player. Like someone said, not a single down of B10 fb has been played, but more than that, Nebraska isn't even a member of the Big Ten just yet. Yes, it's in a couple of weeks, but sadly, we're still part of the Big 12 until then.

I hope no one took it as disrespect. There was only one, and wasn't even towards the top - not like we filled the list or anything. I think this is just the honeymoon period. Actually, there's a flip side to this -- The BTN was once talking about Penn State and said it had a national title in 1994. So, if they are taking away Nebraska's national title on the BTN, the least they could do is have one of our players as the #9 linebacker in the Big Ten.

Maybe they are referring to, the best linebackers of 2000s from big ten teams, which would include Nebraska. If you think about it they need to start somewhere, because they are not going to wait till 2020 to start including Nebraska in these types of things. If they don't do this Nebraska would be left out of every historical comparison topic on the BTN, which with such a fan following it would be dumb not to. The BTN wants to entertain Husker fans.

Ah, makes sence. But they do go by ten years, best of 80's 90's 2000's. So there should be something for 2010 to 2020. I would have no problem with that. But your right that list wont come out until 2020. So what your saying is to make the fans of Penn and Nebraska happy it's ok to disrespect the kids who did actually play in the B10? Or are you saying it's ok to go against 70% of the other teams fans to satisfy those two teams fans? Cake and eat it to, sound familure? I dont see how you can be on a B10 list when you NEVER played a down of football in the B10.

We're part of the conference now. (Whether you like or not.) Anybody left off the list needed to tally a few more TFL or sacks and they would have made it.

To the bolded, is the entire list made up solely of Huskers and Nittany Lions? If not, your statement is asinine.

Come July, this link Big 10 will include a Nebraska N up top with the rest of the team logos. Yet we will not have taken a single snap in a Big 10 conference game. Maybe then you will be able to see what you claim to be incapable of visualizing.

Alright lets turn it around, your still in the B12 and another school joins the B12. You would be ok with Suh getting bumped off the list (for sake of argument say he would have been #10) by a player from the new team and that player had never played a down of B12 football? I call BS on that my friend. Like I said honorable mention, yes, the list no.

Um. That does and did happen several times. When Colorado joined the Big 6 to create the Big 7, when Oklahoma State joined the Big 7 to create the Big 8 the when Texas 4 came into the Big 8 to create the B12 they all brought their records and all time greats with them and they were then added into all future Big 6/7/8/12 discussions and lists. Those lists depict the best players to play college football at a school currently in that conference whether the school was in the conference at the time or not.

The same happens when the SEC, Big East, ACC, Pac 12 and every other conference expands or contracts. Teams that join automatically join the fold in future all time lists just like teams that leave automatically get taken out of all future lists. The Big Ten is no different. When Penn State joined they automatically earned the right to have their past, present and future players mentioned among all Big Ten teams, Nebraska by joining now earns that same right. History comes along with schools when they move, it doesn't just disappear.

Maybe they are referring to, the best linebackers of 2000s from big ten teams, which would include Nebraska. If you think about it they need to start somewhere, because they are not going to wait till 2020 to start including Nebraska in these types of things. If they don't do this Nebraska would be left out of every historical comparison topic on the BTN, which with such a fan following it would be dumb not to. The BTN wants to entertain Husker fans.

Ah, makes sence. But they do go by ten years, best of 80's 90's 2000's. So there should be something for 2010 to 2020. I would have no problem with that. But your right that list wont come out until 2020. So what your saying is to make the fans of Penn and Nebraska happy it's ok to disrespect the kids who did actually play in the B10? Or are you saying it's ok to go against 70% of the other teams fans to satisfy those two teams fans? Cake and eat it to, sound familure? I dont see how you can be on a B10 list when you NEVER played a down of football in the B10.

We're part of the conference now. (Whether you like or not.) Anybody left off the list needed to tally a few more TFL or sacks and they would have made it.

To the bolded, is the entire list made up solely of Huskers and Nittany Lions? If not, your statement is asinine.

Come July, this link Big 10 will include a Nebraska N up top with the rest of the team logos. Yet we will not have taken a single snap in a Big 10 conference game. Maybe then you will be able to see what you claim to be incapable of visualizing.

Alright lets turn it around, your still in the B12 and another school joins the B12. You would be ok with Suh getting bumped off the list (for sake of argument say he would have been #10) by a player from the new team and that player had never played a down of B12 football? I call BS on that my friend. Like I said honorable mention, yes, the list no.

Um. That does and did happen several times. When Colorado joined the Big 6 to create the Big 7, when Oklahoma State joined the Big 7 to create the Big 8 the when Texas 4 came into the Big 8 to create the B12 they all brought their records and all time greats with them and they were then added into all future Big 6/7/8/12 discussions and lists. Those lists depict the best players to play college football at a school currently in that conference whether the school was in the conference at the time the great player played or not. For example, Earl Campbell played at Texas in the 50's, therefore he never once stepped foot on the field in the Big 12.. but he's still considered one of the best Big 12 running backs of all time (and thus possibly took a Husker off the top 10 list) because he played for Texas and Texas is in the Big 12. The same went for anyone who played for Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M or anyone else in the conference.

The same happens when the SEC, Big East, ACC, Pac 12 and every other conference expands or contracts. Michael Westbrook graduated from Colorado in 1992 and never played in the Pac 12, but he'll be on many future Pac 12 greatest running-backs lists. Teams that join automatically join the fold in future all time lists just like teams that leave automatically get taken out of all future lists. The Big Ten is no different. When Penn State joined they automatically earned the right to have their past, present and future players mentioned among all Big Ten teams, Nebraska by joining now earns that same right. History comes along with schools when they move, it doesn't just disappear. And it isn't disrespectful to the other teams players when it happens either.

When you add a school to a conference you add their history as well. We aren't going to wipe the record books pre-2011 clean. We'd much prefer to forget the big 12 ever happened and are happy to bring our history to the big ten.

The big ten network has already said they are looking at those programs in terms of a "best players of member institutions" list.

Look at it this way, you can claim Suh as part of the big 10 now. As in our conference had a school that put out one of the most dominating college defensive tackles ever, one of the best pro rookie tackles in 20 years, and one hell of a model American.

In the end is it really worth getting upset about and feeling cheated over?

• Fire 2

While I am sure you and Penn love this, most fans of the B10 do not. How can you list someone who never played in the conf? Honorable mention, yes, on the list, no way. I find it disrepsectful to all the players who chose to attend a B10 school and disrespectful to the B10 at large. I know the flip side is Penn and Nebraska find it all to respectful. If you think about it I think you will agree. Like I said in the years Penn wasnt with us or when Nebraska wasnt it's fine to do an honorable mention somewhere in the list, but to bump a player off and replace him with a player who's career was not in the B10 just is not right.

The conference did not officially adopt the Big 10 until 1987! I can say that anyone who played for MU, OSU, IU, for example, before then can not claim to be a Big 10 icons either.

We will more that rock this boat. :corndance

http://en.wikipedia...._Ten_Conference

:bonesflag:

Well just off the top of my head, Pat Angerer. Now I am an Iowa fan so I am more familure with them, but he was drafted (2nd round) in 2010, so his play time matches the time line, and had a motor that is rare these days. He was injured and did'nt get to play as much, but what he did when he was on the field spoke volumes. I dont have the list in front of me, but I am sure there are many others that should have been thought of, that are not from Iowa.

Angerer's Collegiate Stats

Defense Solo Ast. Total T/Losst Sacks Int-Yds. PBU FF RF

Freshman 1 4 5 0/0 0/0 0-0 0 0 0

Sophomore 0 1 1 0/0 0/0 0-0 0 0 0

Junior 45 62 107 6.5/21 1/3 5-34 3 0 0

Senior 48 97 145 5/15 1/8 1-38 5 0 2

Career 94 164 258 11.5/36 2/11 6-72 8 0 2

2009 Honors - - First team all-America by Football Writers Association of America, CollegeFootballNews.com and Phil Steele's College Football . . . second team all-America by Walter Camp Football Foundation and the Associated Press . . . second team all-College Football Insiders . . . Roy J. Carver Most Valuable Player, Defense . . . Permanent Team Captain . . . Hayden Fry Award, Defense . . . Iron Hawk Award . . . one of five finalists for Bronko Nagurski Award . . . first team all-Big Ten by league coaches and media . . . first team all-Big Ten by Sporting News . . . named to cbssports.com Mid-Season all-America team . . . named Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week for his play in win at Penn State . . . named Lott Trophy IMPACT Player of the Week vs. Penn State . . . Linebacker National Performer of the Week by College Football Performance Award committee vs. Penn State.

Not bad for really only playing two years.

but clearly he wasnt good enough to make the list. just because you were good doesnt mean you were good enough...

I'll tell you what you you tube him, and I will agree that he was not good enough, if you will agree that Suh was not good enough to be on these lists. They played alot alike and would have been a NC contender had they been on the same team. Like I said, those types of players are rare. Had he been healthy and earned his spot sooner, he would have broken numerous records and gone first round. Heck compare his stats to Ruud's and factor in the amount of play time. I should say I havent seen the list and he could very well be on it.

i know all about the guy, i lived in ames, iowa while he was playing. he was a good player sure but stats on the field arent everything, the guy couldnt stay healthy and for a player to be truly great they have to play full time!! i know youre an iowa fun but im sorry this guy was not good enough to make the list and i would argue that even without our player on there he still wouldnt have even come close to making it. you are being a biggie time homer thinking he should be on the list..

It also strikes me as odd that a Nebraska player was on this list, like when Jack Ham was named a Big Ten Icon (there were other old school PSU players on that list too). What? Jack Ham never played a down of Big Ten football.

There will be many years to come for Nebraska players to make their mark in the B1G. To pretend the Huskers have been retroactively playing in the conference is just weird and ignores Nebraska's and the Big Ten's ACTUAL history.

bigg10 I agree with you, but don't ever compare Pat Angerer to Ndamukong Suh.

Just trying to make a point, calm down. I stand by my first post, honorable mention ALL FOR IT. As for the poster saying he was not good, how many players go 2nd round with two years play time? He didnt go to some back woods team either. The pros saw it, I saw it I know lots of Hawk fans saw it and I know lots of O's saw it.:) If I was putting together a team of past and present, he would be on it. Suh would be on it, just about any starter off last years Wisky O line as well. But I digress, I like the "good stories" battle back from injury, earn your spot and excell at it that much. Oh well, it's fathers day so I am going to limit my "football" talk today. HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE.

If you're trying to celebrate the history of the conference, that means you're going to celebrate the history and tradition of the teams in that conference. That includes Nebraska, whose history was a big reason they were admitted to the conference to begin with. Maybe they could do an honorable mention for these lists or something, but it's really not a big deal. They're trying to celebrate the past of all their current teams - that's all.

If you're trying to celebrate the history of the conference, that means you're going to celebrate the history and tradition of the teams in that conference. That includes Nebraska, whose history was a big reason they were admitted to the conference to begin with. Maybe they could do an honorable mention for these lists or something, but it's really not a big deal. They're trying to celebrate the past of all their current teams - that's all.

I thought something along those lines myself. Thanks for saying it. :thumbs

bigg10 I agree with you, but don't ever compare Pat Angerer to Ndamukong Suh.

Just trying to make a point, calm down. I stand by my first post, honorable mention ALL FOR IT. As for the poster saying he was not good, how many players go 2nd round with two years play time? He didnt go to some back woods team either. The pros saw it, I saw it I know lots of Hawk fans saw it and I know lots of O's saw it.:) If I was putting together a team of past and present, he would be on it. Suh would be on it, just about any starter off last years Wisky O line as well. But I digress, I like the "good stories" battle back from injury, earn your spot and excell at it that much. Oh well, it's fathers day so I am going to limit my "football" talk today. HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE.

i presume you are referring to me. i never once in my posts said the guy wasnt good. i said great players arent injured all of the time. i said he wasnt great. he was average. but he is nowhere near the top player at his position over the last 20 years nor the best player at his position in the big10 over even the last 10 years. sorry thats just the way it is.