FS/RB Corey Young

hello, :yeah dave h is right...according to huskersillustrated (the article is on the front page) he has made a decision to make a decision of his choice of university, & will verbal by this weekend.

young has offers from co st, ia st, & UN (& w/o an offer from ia it seems to be that he will be N - truly I cannot believe that ia did not offer, because he may have been theirs for the taking).

Compared to most other state schools, it is extremely rare at Nebraska for a big time prospect that nebraska actually wants to leave. There are some obvious exceptions, but i dare you to find a school that has as big a lock on home grown products as we do.

If only we had the talent pool of Texas, Flordia or California, then we'd really be in buisness. ;):thumbs:thumbs;)

hello, UN's practice yesterday was closed to every outside observer, w/ the exception of corey young

UN has tried everything to lure this kid to the U, w/ downing coming to millard north hs various times to meet w/ young, & downing attending numerous mill n practices & games; invites to games (which he never came to); closed practice invitations

Yet, through all the attention that UN has shown young, he has been quite coy in UN's recruitment of him, & it almost seems that the rumors of him waiting on an ia offer is true - yet, if it is true that he is waiting for an ia offer than I hope that he has finally grown weary from waiting on ia's offer, & finally commits to UN, & finally becomes N

p.s. millard north won the class A football championship at memorial stadium w/ a score of 35-14 over lin sw. - mill n rushed for 406 yrds & tarpinian (ia verbal) rushed for 239 & 3 tds - homer 99 yrds - coleman 70 - & I do not have any stats for young, sorry.

2nd p.s. mill north players currently playing d1 football: shada & olsen (ia), galusha (co st), mccardle & rooker (ksu), behrens (co), o'leary (UN - long snapper), - plus, tarpinian (verballed to ia) & young & homer will play d1

I will honestly be very surpised if Young comes to NU. If he really wanted to be a 'sker, he would have committed by now.

Petito (HS coach), said in the paper the other day, that if Iowa offers that he would not be surprised if Young headed to Iowa City.... he also added that if Iowa didn't offer, he wouldn't be surprised if Young "didn't head another direction".

I am not sure I like the phrase "another direction". Sounds to me, that it could possibly be ISU or CSU....

He may just be an in-state guy, who just doesn't like the direction the program is heading.... and this is very unsettling !!! If "in-state" guys begin to feel this way, it makes me wonder if we can continue to get the studs from other states.

He may just be an in-state guy, who just doesn't like the direction the program is heading.... and this is very unsettling !!! If "in-state" guys begin to feel this way, it makes me wonder if we can continue to get the studs from other states.

I think it's probably more of the in-state guys hearing the constant complaining and negative talk that is turning them off (although we did get the top two prospects in the state so thats not completely true) Where as the guys from out of state don't have to hear as much so they aren't quite as influenced.

-

2nd p.s. mill north players currently playing d1 football: shada & olsen (ia), galusha (co st), mccardle & rooker (ksu), behrens (co), o'leary (UN - long snapper), - plus, tarpinian (verballed to ia) & young & homer will play d1

With these guys currently playing D1 and a few of them are pretty darn good....

Makes me wonder if Coach Petito isn't a Callahan fan...... I'm not postive, but has Callahan been able to get a solid "Millard North"guy? I know he has only had two years, but you think that with the history of "North" guys at NU, that the recent cold spell could mean that Petito could not be a Callahan guy.

On the other hand, being a coach myself, I would hope that Petito would not try to influence the kids at all.. Just leave it up to the kids.

-

Makes me wonder if Coach Petito isn't a Callahan fan...... I'm not postive, but has Callahan been able to get a solid "Millard North"guy? I know he has only had two years, but you think that with the history of "North" guys at NU, that the recent cold spell could mean that Petito could not be a Callahan guy.

On the other hand, being a coach myself, I would hope that Petito would not try to influence the kids at all.. Just leave it up to the kids.

Coach P is telling his kids to go anywhere other than Nebraska or so I hear.

-

Coach P is telling his kids to go anywhere other than UNLV or so I hear.

UNLV?

Coach Callahan visited Corey Young tonight at home and to put it mildly, there is some negative recruiting going on against Nebraska. This is a school i did not think was cappable of it, but i guess nothing should be shocking these days with recruiters.

Who? Iowa State?