Cody Green to Kansas State

I suppose it depends on how you define "destroyed."

From a November, 2007 LJS article:

Osborne, in our phone interview Friday, made sure to note that Callahan hasn’t exactly turned his back on the walk-on program. For instance, Callahan took 12 walk-ons this year. Callahan’s predecessor, Frank Solich, typically took 20 to 30 a year, roughly the same as Osborne in his final years at Nebraska.

Bottom line is, Callahan, upon his arrival here in January 2004 following a stint as head coach of the NFL Oakland Raiders, sought to trim the roster (he has 130 players, compared with roughly 170 on Nebraska’s 2003 roster).

“Some guys just don’t want to work with (170 players),” Osborne said. “Some do. But you don’t want people standing around in practice with nothing to do. And that’s why we ran two offensive stations and two defensive stations, so we had everybody in motion all of the time. We ran a lot of snaps. And that repetition was very helpful to us.

“That doesn’t mean that’s the only right way to do it.”

LINK

Cutting walk-ons by 1/2 to 2/3 wasn't what Nebraska Fan wanted to see. That's anywhere from 30 to 70 kids that didn't get a chance under Callahan who would have under Devaney, Osborne, Solich & Pelini.

I remember TO saying something along the lines of the walk-ons where what really fueled the passion for the program. All the schollie kids would see all the walk-ons busting their tails day in and day out for a program they loved and grew up dreaming to play for, even though a lot of them would never get a chance to play on saturdays. The schollie kids from all over the country would feed off that passion and work that much harder. Billy C. put an end to that in a hurry.

What would really suck if he just tears it up at whatever school he ends up at. There would be a lot of :wtf moments around here.

No, what would be worse is if he does worse than he did here. People wouldn't know what to do if they couldn't blame an unusual outcome on Shawn Watson.

No sweat, we've got truly endless legions of fans who blame everything under the sun on Tmart, Barney & Bo. They'll adapt effortlessly.

Once a school takes two former Husker QB (or one each along with another school from the same state), it is "always" them.

Just kidding, I don't know.

Yeah, that was my impression. Thinking of the QBs who came and transferred, or committed and then bailed on us, Freeman is the only one I remember going to KSU. Beck, Dailey, that walk-on wrestler, Dukes, Gabbert 1&2, Crawford, all went elsewhere. Who else? I can't even think of another position player that bailed on us and went to KSU, though I suppose there's been a couple over the years.

Some people really seem to have it in for KSU. I wonder if it's those who live in Kansas or the southern edge of Nebraska and have to deal with their fans? I know someone who says they are the worst fans in college sports. My take is that there are so few of them that to barely make the word "fans" plural, and not enough to make anyone outside of a ~100 mile radius of Manhattan aware.

Once a school takes two former Husker QB (or one each along with another school from the same state), it is "always" them.

Yeah, that was my impression. Thinking of the QBs who came and transferred, or committed and then bailed on us, Freeman is the only one I remember going to KSU. Beck, Dailey, that walk-on wrestler, Dukes, Gabbert 1&2, Crawford, all went elsewhere. Who else? I can't even think of another position player that bailed on us and went to KSU, though I suppose there's been a couple over the years.

Some people really seem to have it in for KSU. I wonder if it's those who live in Kansas or the southern edge of Nebraska and have to deal with their fans? I know someone who says they are the worst fans in college sports. My take is that there are so few of them that to barely make the word "fans" plural, and not enough to make anyone outside of a ~100 mile radius of Manhattan aware.

never had a huge problem w/ K-State fans around here. Even Missouri fans I've encountered are fairly respectful and you can jab w/ them for a long time before they'll get butt hurt. KU fans on the other hand...not so much.

never had a huge problem w/ K-State fans around here. Even Missouri fans I've encountered are fairly respectful and you can jab w/ them for a long time before they'll get butt hurt. KU fans on the other hand...not so much.

i have had just the opposite, k-state fans have always been rude and just straight up a**holes to me when i have been to manhattan wearing my husker hat. it was so bad last year, that while my girlfriend was going to KSU she was wearing one of my husker hoodies and some random dick nose threatened her that he was going to punch her in the face if she didnt take it off. KSU fans are the worst fans in kansas in my opinion. i have never had near the problems or lack of respect from KU fans that i have from KSU fans.

Hmmmm...visiting USC?

ESPN Link

:facepalm: to Joe Schad for providing Cody's passing stats. As if those are the only measurables for a QB. Why don't people who cover college football for a living ever learn that running QBs can be winners at this level? Passing is not the only stat that matters for college QBs. Cody will make his living with his legs, not his arm. He's not a passing QB, per se.