Ranking the B1G centers, guards, tackles

4. Mike Caputo, Nebraska, senior: The Huskers' line has a few question marks entering the season, but center isn't one of them. Caputo is the undisputed leader of the group after starting every game in 2010. The former walk-on earned consensus honorable mention All-Big 12 honors and helped Nebraska eclipse 200 rushing yards in 10 of 14 games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28523/ranking-the-b1g-centers-guards-tackles

Yea....we really need to see more of our guys on this list. Lets see what our young talent can do.

4. Mike Caputo, Nebraska, senior: The Huskers' line has a few question marks entering the season, but center isn't one of them. Caputo is the undisputed leader of the group after starting every game in 2010. The former walk-on earned consensus honorable mention All-Big 12 honors and helped Nebraska eclipse 200 rushing yards in 10 of 14 games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/28523/ranking-the-b1g-centers-guards-tackles

Yea....we really need to see more of our guys on this list. Lets see what our young talent can do.

I can see Hardrick ending up on this list.

The BIG bloggers are merely unfamiliar with our offensive line. We don't have the 9th worst offensive line in the conference, which I think is where they put us. We had the 9th ranked rushing offense in the country last year, actually ahead of Wisconsin. The negativity we all share about our offensive line stems from our lack of ability to finish the season, and from the fact that most of us still have the 90's offensive lines in the back of our head as the model.

No question our line needs to get better, but it's not 9th in the conference. No way.

I think we do have a few questions on the line. I believe we lost both starting guards to graduation, and they were just decent players. Caputo is a beast, continuing in a loooong tradition of unheralded but rock solid centers, that we've had. On the other hand, tackle has to be a question mark.

Yoshi and Sirles both struggled last year, no? Not sure if Yoshi will even start this year. My guess is Sirles and Marcel. And we have a very promising group of younger OL that I think will emerge to be our best, but they can't be named to a list like this yet.

So yeah, OL will be a position to watch. I think Garrison, and the presence of Stai, will help out a lot here.

But as far as being unfamiliar with our OL, maybe I am too, but just WHO are going to be our starting guards? Brandon Thompson? Andrew Rodriguez? Jake Cotton? A lot of total unknowns at this point.

I think we do have a few questions on the line. I believe we lost both starting guards to graduation, and they were just decent players. Caputo is a beast, continuing in a loooong tradition of unheralded but rock solid centers, that we've had. On the other hand, tackle has to be a question mark.

Yoshi and Sirles both struggled last year, no? Not sure if Yoshi will even start this year. My guess is Sirles and Marcel. And we have a very promising group of younger OL that I think will emerge to be our best, but they can't be named to a list like this yet.

So yeah, OL will be a position to watch. I think Garrison, and the presence of Stai, will help out a lot here.

But as far as being unfamiliar with our OL, maybe I am too, but just WHO are going to be our starting guards? Brandon Thompson? Andrew Rodriguez? Jake Cotton? A lot of total unknowns at this point.

You nailed it zoogies. It's gonna be wild seeing what happens with the Oline this year due to an additional new line coach, OC & probably a new offensive scheme?

lol! Damned if I know. Keep the wide splits? Qb under center? Someone at another site was saying again we're going to a shotgun veer w/Rex & Heard or Green behind Tmart in the gun. Heh....who knows?

Word from a guy in the know elsewhere is that it will likely be LT-Yoshi, LG A-Rod, C Caputo, RG-Jones, and RT-Sirles. Marcel is moving to guard(he knows the line, we're trying to get our best five out there, and he's quick enough). Qvale doesn't pull quickly enough, which is important in the new scheme. Big-boy is strong though, moving to tackle. Thompson, Moudy, and Cotton will back-up at guard. Cotton could really push.

Moore is probable to make the two-deep and burn his shirt. Reeves could burn his shirt too. Klatchko is less likely but possible.

Word from a guy in the know elsewhere is that it will likely be LT-Yoshi, LG A-Rod, C Caputo, RG-Jones, and RT-Sirles. Marcel is moving to guard(he knows the line, we're trying to get our best five out there, and he's quick enough). Qvale doesn't pull quickly enough, which is important in the new scheme. Big-boy is strong though, moving to tackle. Thompson, Moudy, and Cotton will back-up at guard. Cotton could really push.

Moore is probable to make the two-deep and burn his shirt. Reeves could burn his shirt too. Klatchko is less likely but possible.

Sounds good to me. Yoshi has it physically, just wasn't prepared mentally last year. I like the idea of moving Marcel to gaurd and Sirles to the other side. Caputo is solid and A-Rod is a guy who Bo said is going to be one of the greats to ever play here.

caputo should be about number eight, still have visions of him getting knocked on his a**, by texas a&m dt.

Wow. Thanks for the info, that's good stuff.

Sounds good to me. Yoshi has it physically, just wasn't prepared mentally last year. I like the idea of moving Marcel to gaurd and Sirles to the other side. Caputo is solid and A-Rod is a guy who Bo said is going to be one of the greats to ever play here.

the only thing that worries me about yoshi is his work ethic, i mean the guy is massive but he looks extremely out of shape, i hope im wrong and he is busting his butt in the gym and during drills, but to look at him he looks like he doesnt work very hard in the day to day things it takes to be a solid LT to protect the qbs blind side

i know for a fact he wasnt new to strength and conditioning, coach sims at fort scott is a straight up ball buster, i have a really good friend who is on his team now, and last year they had one of their linebackers get run over by a small wide out and coach sims made the whole team run for it. he litteraly contacted every d1 school in the country when he first got to fscc and asked them about their strength and conditioning programs, then he used the info he had to make potetionally the toughest conditioning program in the country, im not trying to knock on yoshi at all but his problem was that he was lazy. i hope that he has changed, but i know he had been through a t ough S&C program before he ever stepped foot in lincoln