Martinez: "Pelini misunderstood the call"

Yep, Bo's a nut job. Question is can Nebraska live with it? I mean deny deny deny, but it still is what it is. I have never met a good coach who reacts like that.

i would say that you have not met many good coaches then.

Ones that develop kids and get them schollies, should count for something. I have no problem for calling a kid out when he is in the wrong, but there are ways to do it and there are ways not to.

No way that kind of reaction makes a team better or makes a program look good. Thats why I said deny deny. Coaching is basiclly teaching, now when you train anything how do you do it? Yell at them? Beat them? I personally like dogs, I have trained more than a few, I know what works and what doesnt. I have trained/coached kids, again somethings work and others dont.

Ones that develop kids and get them schollies, should count for something. I have no problem for calling a kid out when he is in the wrong, but there are ways to do it and there are ways not to.

No way that kind of reaction makes a team better or makes a program look good. Thats why I said deny deny. Coaching is basiclly teaching, now when you train anything how do you do it? Yell at them? Beat them? I personally like dogs, I have trained more than a few, I know what works and what doesnt. I have trained/coached kids, again somethings work and others dont.

C'mon, man. You've already been given a list of coaches who disprove this myth you're projecting here. Bobby Knight is the most obvious example and he screamed so hard at his players his face turned purple. Knight had ten Sweet Sixteen appearances and won three national championships with Indiana, all the while yelling at anyone in earshot.

It's fine that you don't like Bo, but at least have something concrete to denounce him for.

C'mon, man. You've already been given a list of coaches who disprove this myth you're projecting here. Bobby Knight is the most obvious example and he screamed so hard at his players his face turned purple. Knight had ten Sweet Sixteen appearances and won three national championships with Indiana, all the while yelling at anyone in earshot.

It's fine that you don't like Bo, but at least have something concrete to denounce him for.

Maybe he doesn't like Bo because he thinks his performance in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" was pretty weak.

bigg10, if you don't think Bo and his assistant coaches are good "teachers," you haven't been paying attention.

In 2007, Nebraska had the 114th ranked scoring defense. After just two seasons with Bo, in 2009, Nebraska had the top scoring defense in the country.

That is teaching.

Yep, Bo's a nut job. Question is can Nebraska live with it? I mean deny deny deny, but it still is what it is. I have never met a good coach who reacts like that.

i would say that you have not met many good coaches then.

its called accountability, ie. you do something wrong you get in trouble. this is very common in college football some coaches dont think its wrong and do it in public and some coaches know its wrong and do it out of the public eye but all college coaches do it or they wouldnt be coaches.

I'm willing to bet Bo literally shouted "double-u tee eff!"

LOL

Yes, it was meant to be funny. At the same time, it is also shows how little we know about the conversation. For all we know, it could have been something similar to that (meaning the trainer HAD to tell Bo).

Either way, situation could have been averted if Taylor would just follow the f'in rules like everyone else. I like the kid, but hope he stops making stupid mistakes.